Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP: Kirk Cousins breaks his silence after Redskins trade for Alex Smith

TK

8 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Lol, now the farewell isn’t good enough either.  First he hadn’t done it yet, he’s an a-hole.  Now that he’s done it, it’s chockful of lies.  Phew.

I never said any of that! lol

And I know you dont think the lack of a goodbye is why I think hes an a-hole. Again im only trying to be honest here I think you guys have a problem with that. 

58 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

Bruce Allen chose to turn our team's top asset into nothing, and to spin it as Cousins' fault because he was greedy, etc.

Guys like you  are spreading Bruce's spin for him, are spending most of their time here to tell us why Kirk is the big, mean villain. Then, when challenged, throw in the occasional "oh, I hate the FO too", but that is just an attempt at cover. You're doing Allen's bidding, whether you realize it or not. 

Conspiracy much? 

After listening and believing what Kirk had to say the past two years about how much he wanted to be here, how he believed he would be here, only to see him stay tight lipped long enough so that he screwed any chance of the team getting anything of value from a trade for him and reveal he was never going to sign here how can a life long fan actually still be a fan of his?

He didn't do this team a solid like Jimmy G did the Patriots. Jimmy knew he was gone and told the team with more then enough time to get them something for him. 

He didn't do his players a solid when you listen to Deangelo Hall, and Chris Thompson saying he lied to them. And the lack of any teammates saying they missed him today is deafening. 

He isn't doing any of the fans a solid and saying they will be missed. He isn't even saying goodbye to us. 

I have no doubt that the real issue here is that so many of you (I see you goskins10) can't separate the disdain for the front office from the love of the team from your fanhood of Kirk the man. I see you as well Llevron, fan after my own heart in your posts saying you wish him no real ill but aint a fan anymore. The Redskins team I support. I support the players as long as the treat the organization well. Once they double cross the team I'm done with the player. 

Trust me I think Bruce should have been fired a long time ago. Kirk has nothing to do with that

Just now, Llevron said:

I never said any of that! lol

And I know you dont think the lack of a goodbye is why I think hes an a-hole. Again im only trying to be honest here I think you guys have a problem with that. 

Not really, I just think the hatred for Kirk is ridiculous.  To the point it gets me painted as the President of the Kirk Fan Club and I've never really loved the dude at all like that. 

15 minutes ago, ILikeBilly said:

don't expect much from Kirk even if he goes to a team with a great D.  I expect he will struggle with new system, throw a couple picks and not recover like we saw earlier in his career.  I will put it out there and eat crow if I must:  9-7 is the best he will do, but more likely a losing record.  Since he won't be a 'Skin, I really don't care much.

I dont expect that he will do well either but I dont think the offense will be his problem. He has never been the guy where he needs a certain kind of player to throw too or a certain kind of offense to run to be good. He just need to get in a groove and hes pretty unstoppable for a few games out of the year. I guarantee you he will have a 4 game stretch of 4 TDs and 1 or less INT. Hes that dude. Its just that most of the season will be 1 TD 1 INT. 

Kirk needs an Oline and people to catch the ball and hes going to play well enough. I dont think the offense will be hard for him to learn. And any OC worth his salt will run exactly what Kirk likes, cause, duh, hes good at it. 

I'm truly convinced that bobandweave doesn't actually read the board, he just assumes people are saying things and then blurts out a bunch of crap from la la land.

I try to keep up, I see the quotes and the responses that don't really fit what was quoted and then a big huge tangent about how Kirk is an awful human.  Hilarious. :ols: By hilarious, I mean woefully unreadable.

1 minute ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Not really, I just think the hatred for Kirk is ridiculous.  To the point it gets me painted as the President of the Kirk Fan Club and I've never really loved the dude at all like that. 

What always funny to me is we come at this thing from the exact opposite extremes. I think the love for him makes no sense but that paints me as some kind of hater. I just dont like the dude. Doesn't mean I dont recognize the skill he has or that our FO royally ****ed us all cause of their egos. 

Its also very fun to mess with you guys. I havent had anything to do at work all day and the political junk is slow today. I need you guys to get through the day! 

6 minutes ago, bobandweave said:

Conspiracy much? 

After listening and believing what Kirk had to say the past two years about how much he wanted to be here, how he believed he would be here, only to see him stay tight lipped long enough so that he screwed any chance of the team getting anything of value from a trade for him and reveal he was never going to sign here how can a life long fan actually still be a fan of his?

He didn't do this team a solid like Jimmy G did the Patriots. Jimmy knew he was gone and told the team with more then enough time to get them something for him. 

He didn't do his players a solid when you listen to Deangelo Hall, and Chris Thompson saying he lied to them. And the lack of any teammates saying they missed him today is deafening. 

He isn't doing any of the fans a solid and saying they will be missed. He isn't even saying goodbye to us. 

I have no doubt that the real issue here is that so many of you (I see you goskins10) can't separate the disdain for the front office from the love of the team from your fanhood of Kirk the man. I see you as well Llevron, fan after my own heart in your posts saying you wish him no real ill but aint a fan anymore. The Redskins team I support. I support the players as long as the treat the organization well. Once they double cross the team I'm done with the player. 

Trust me I think Bruce should have been fired a long time ago. Kirk has nothing to do with that

so an opposing perspective is ridiculed as "conspiracy" but perceived machinations from you own is fact?

1 minute ago, onedrop said:

so an opposing perspective is ridiculed as "conspiracy" but perceived machinations from you own is fact?

When the opposing perspective is "You and everyone else are just doing what Bruce wants you too cause reasons" then yea it comes off like some crazy conspiracy theory. Why is that hard to see?

48 minutes ago, Llevron said:

But, just because I understand the dude, doesn't mean I like him. 

I think I have been not only very transparent on this but pretty fair as well. Im not above admitting my personal bias AND the fact that I could have it all wrong. 

So why do you not like him. I mean, he is Ritchie freakin Cunningham.  You don't like Ritchie types?

Well, 2 days to go.  I'm sure Kirk is mulling his options and counting his money.  

As I posted earlier, I don't wish him luck, though I don't wish him harm.  I wish him to take the money in New York and rot there as an irrelevant QB for 6 years.

My reaction when the this thread finally locks:

Image result for celebration dance animated gif

3 minutes ago, Llevron said:

When the opposing perspective is "You and everyone else are just doing what Bruce wants you too cause reasons" then yea it comes off like some crazy conspiracy theory. Why is that hard to see?

A lot of the reasons cited for hating the guy is just made up BS though.  How you can't see that at least half of the crap bobandweave just said and says with regularity is not complete and utter crap that he's made up in his own mind is beyond me.  If there's ever a time to start thinking about switching sides, it's when you're in agreement with bobandweave.  What makes him unique is that he also thinks Bruce is a putz.  He actually comes across like the only thing Bruce has ever done right is not ask for Kirks hand in marriage.

9 minutes ago, Llevron said:

opinions are like....well, everyone has one and is entitled to it. I was speaking to glaring hypocrisy.

8 minutes ago, Llevron said:

LOL. Bruce very publicly refused to hear trade offers for Kirk last year and then made a ridiculously lowball contract offer to him. Then, he took the completely unprecedented step of putting out a Press Release about his own QB, complete with disingenuous claims about money offered, in order to convince the team's fans (and, clearly from Hall's comments, also his teammates) that Cousins was being greedy and unreasonable. One more time, he was engaged in those campaign against the guy under contract to QB his own team.

After all that, you're telling us that the idea that Bruce is painting Kirk as a villain is "some crazy conspiracy theory". And yet you're apparently offended by the suggestion that you're spreading Allen's PR?

giphy.gif

41 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

I will keep this short since we not ever get anywhere and I just don't have the time or energy.

I am not looking at things with hindsight. That's a ridiculous statement. I agreed with the tag and said it then. But I am not the GM. They are supposed to be prepared. They were not - period. That is, was and will always be the point.

Of course it takes two to negotiate - and that includes the team. I never said anything else so that's just wasted space. 

As for Kirk being classless, you are free to your opinion just like I am free to tell you that complete and total ****ing bull****. Kirk has not done anything to the fans or the organization that could even be remotely considered classless. It's pure fabrication made up by a few who just do not like him. Not to mention I never said anyone owed Kirk a thing!  I could care less how you feel about Kirk. 

Not sure how many times I need to say this - so this will be the last, the issue is the lack of preparation by the team. And plan b was Alex only when they had no other choice and became desperate. And it cost the team resources without getting much of anything in return. It's more a case of doing the right thing after all other options have been exhausted. 

You can keep making excuses for them all day long but it will not change the fact - yes FACT - that they screwed this thing up from the beginning - either due to arrogance (my choice here) or ineptitude. And then thy compounded it by not having a back-up plan. 

hey since we are talking opinions you really are spending much to much time on this forum getting your news from the posters here and need to venture out more. 

If you think that it's normal for the starting QB to demand final say over what the cheerleaders wear you are fine to that opinion but in my opinion you would be wrong.

If you think its normal for a QB to leave a team he started with after playing 6 years for that team and being paid top 5 money on that team and that this QB  wouldn't say goodbye and thank you to the team and fans of the team for the memories, you may keep that position but in my opinion you would be wrong. Striking this out since he corrected this today. Guess my opinion was right, and Kirk is making good on it now

If you also think that a player who spends 6 years on a team and doesn't get showered with miss you's from other teammates, you can think that but again you would be wrong. The only miss you's were for losing Kendall Fuller. The team felt a loss when Fuller was traded. When they traded for Alex ending the Kirk saga no one cared about Kirk. If you think that means everyone is full on Bruce Allen apologists then that's your opinion but to me and my opinion that is also wrong. 

If you think it's up to the QB to decide that the team have a full time Chaplin, you can think that, but again in my opinion that is wrong.

Me saying your wrong about these things is just like my opinion man. Opinions, everyone has one. I like this opinion post. You get to quote and argue with me because it's just your opinion. Which is fine. Your entitled, I am entitled. And if you speak to me anymore you are going to get to hear my opinion. 

In my opinion the biggest issue here with so many of you is this absolute refusal for some of you to accept that there is blame to go around for everyone here. Kirk gets a lot of it, Bruce gets a lot of it as well. If your only willing to hand it out to Bruce then your only dealing with half of the problem. The other half of the issue is well deserved for Kirk.

If saying this opinion means you think I am a jerk well that's just your opinion. 

And I do hope Kirk goes to the JETS, sucks and loses 10 games a year. That's like my opinion man. Its all just opinions

37 minutes ago, Fat Stupid Loser said:

So why do you not like him. I mean, he is Ritchie freakin Cunningham.  You don't like Ritchie types?

Half the reason was his play. The 1 to 1 TD to INT ratio in big games always pissed me off. When we needed him to be the man he wasn't. And when we didn't, he was. I know there are many exceptions to this, don't bother listing them it wont change my mind. I have come to the realization hes better than what I gave him credit for long ago. He still always found a way to let me down with his play. But always in a way that was arguable. Thats another part of it. You could never 100% put a loss on him and you could never really give him 100% of the credit for a win. It drove me literally insane lol. I hated watching him suck it up for 3 and a half quarters then throwing the winning pass and getting credit for the win like the team didn't do everything they could to help as well. Its a team thing and I hated seeing you guys give him all the credit. What made it worse is that I didn't think deserved it but I couldn't really argue it since he threw the game winner. 

The other half is personal. And I dont think a few in here are mature enough for me to discuss it without it turning into a huge argument. We tried once, and I tried to be fair and honest and it didnt work. A few may even remember what im talking about it got so heated. Matter of fact I think I got a mod warning if I remember correctly. 

30 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

A lot of the reasons cited for hating the guy is just made up BS though.  How you can't see that at least half of the crap bobandweave just said and says with regularity is not complete and utter crap that he's made up in his own mind is beyond me.  If there's ever a time to start thinking about switching sides, it's when you're in agreement with bobandweave.  What makes him unique is that he also thinks Bruce is a putz.  He actually comes across like the only thing Bruce has ever done right is not ask for Kirks hand in marriage.

If ima be honest with you I haven't read many of his posts. He doesn't usually do short posts and im too busy responding to you half the time. Im sure I have read a few and probably even liked them. But it cant remember. Ill read them and comment for the remaining life of the topic just to be fair. 

21 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

After all that, you're telling us that the idea that Bruce is painting Kirk as a villain is "some crazy conspiracy theory". And yet you're apparently offended by the suggestion that you're spreading Allen's PR?

Maybe I misunderstood you. I thought you were saying that I was spreading Bruce's lies or believing them because of all of that stuff. My only point is that im not. I made up my own mind about him before he got his last franchise tag which is before any of the recent stuff you just said. You can ask @BatteredFanSyndrome this. We started to but heads last off season about this guy and the only thing that has changed in my opinion since then is how much of a good QB he is. 

If you are saying DHall calling Kirk out if part of the plan then I already agreed to that possibility. If you are saying I am falling for it thats what im calling crazy conspiracy theory. Cause it would be. 

17 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I look forward to the day (and that day may never come, admittedly) when we can all heal collectively and rejoice in a great football team, and not rip ourselves to shreds over players that aren't worth it, ultimately.

That will be a beautiful day, indeed.

You know I wont let that stop me lol

11 minutes ago, bobandweave said:

hey since we are talking opinions you really are spending much to much time on this forum getting your news from the posters here and need to venture out more. 

If you think that it's normal for the starting QB to demand final say over what the cheerleaders wear you are fine to that opinion but in my opinion you would be wrong.

If you think its normal for a QB to leave a team he started with after playing 6 years for that team and being paid top 5 money on that team and that this QB  wouldn't say goodbye and thank you to the team and fans of the team for the memories, you may keep that position but in my opinion you would be wrong. Striking this out since he corrected this today. Guess my opinion was right, and Kirk is making good on it now

If you also think that a player who spends 6 years on a team and doesn't get showered with miss you's from other teammates, you can think that but again you would be wrong. The only miss you's were for losing Kendall Fuller. The team felt a loss when Fuller was traded. When they traded for Alex ending the Kirk saga no one cared about Kirk. If you think that means everyone is full on Bruce Allen apologists then that's your opinion but to me and my opinion that is also wrong. 

If you think it's up to the QB to decide that the team have a full time Chaplin, you can think that, but again in my opinion that is wrong.

Me saying your wrong about these things is just like my opinion man. Opinions, everyone has one. I like this opinion post. You get to quote and argue with me because it's just your opinion. Which is fine. Your entitled, I am entitled. And if you speak to me anymore you are going to get to hear my opinion. 

In my opinion the biggest issue here with so many of you is this absolute refusal for some of you to accept that there is blame to go around for everyone here. Kirk gets a lot of it, Bruce gets a lot of it as well. If your only willing to hand it out to Bruce then your only dealing with half of the problem. The other half of the issue is well deserved for Kirk.

If saying this opinion means you think I am a jerk well that's just your opinion. 

And I do hope Kirk goes to the JETS, sucks and loses 10 games a year. That's like my opinion man. Its all just opinions

First, I could give two ****s about his demand list.  His got published. I bet others are simirly stupid but they Are not made public. Either way, it does not impact me in the least. 

Second, I have repeatedly stated, and I say repeatedly, that Kirk owns some of the breakdown. I even for the sake of argument said lets assume it’s all him, which is just as stupid as saying it’s all on he team - which had you been paying attention you would notice I never said. In the end I believe the FO owns most of it but it takes two to work together and to decide not to. 

As as for only listening to people in here I can laugh at a very weak attempt to piss me off I guess, or at very least talk down to me. You have no idea what I watch or look at it.  Will leave it at that. 

And the name calling is your thing. Will also leave that there too. 

Off to do some volunteer work. Have a great few evening. 

20 minutes ago, bobandweave said:

nah, that's more like a wish.

an opinion would be like me saying how terrible of a person alex smith is for not officially saying hello to all redskins fans, how much he looks forward to being here and how grateful he is to the organization yet.

24 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I look forward to the day (and that day may never come, admittedly) when we can all heal collectively and rejoice in a great football team, and not rip ourselves to shreds over players that aren't worth it, ultimately.

That will be a beautiful day, indeed.

Dan Snyder will outlive us all and then will place his consciousness in a computer that will continue to run the team through the centuries.

1 hour ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

That's my job!  You are of course welcome to join.....

13 minutes ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

Dan Snyder will outlive us all and then will place his consciousness in a computer that will continue to run the team through the centuries.

What a dark thought and with his success governor that messes things up when the Skins gets to .500

10 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Maybe I misunderstood you. I thought you were saying that I was spreading Bruce's lies or believing them because of all of that stuff. My only point is that im not. I made up my own mind about him before he got his last franchise tag which is before any of the recent stuff you just said. You can ask @BatteredFanSyndrome this. We started to but heads last off season about this guy and the only thing that has changed in my opinion since then is how much of a good QB he is. 

My point is that anyone who spends their time here trying to convince people that Kirk is a villain is doing what Bruce Allen wants you to do.

I've said it many times, I'll do it one more- there is no logical explanation that makes any sense for last offseason's won't trade him/won't sign him/publicly bash him course from a Front Office, apart from that Allen was willing to sacrifice Cousins for nothing so that he could play the "Kirk is a villain" card at all costs. he chose PR over value for his team. That is an unspeakably ridiculous path for any GM to take. It is so unforgivable that Redskin fans should have trouble talking about anything else team related while this guy is still in charge. 

The debate lines of "Cousins vs Smith" or "Kirk is a responsible too" are what Bruce needs people to focus on. If it's where your posting goes, then yes, I'm saying you are on Bruce's side, wittingly or unwittingly.

Archived