Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP: Kirk Cousins breaks his silence after Redskins trade for Alex Smith

TK

1 minute ago, Llevron said:

Did I say any of that or are you just projecting because you want to? All I did was ask as sports buddy of mine whom I debate regularly if he heard them saying the same thing I said to him. 

Mind ya bitness homie. I dont know why you think its your place to "correct" me on here lol. 

i asked you a question and made a statement. you posted in a public forum and i responded. in the future you can avoid this by using the private message feature. its on the right at the top of the page. looks like a little envelope.

FWIW the bigger point was the junkies, while entertaining, aren't the best source of serious sports news or insight........homie

oh yeah -

*business

34 minutes ago, Llevron said:

I hope you tuned in to 106.7 the fan this morning @BatteredFanSyndrome

You laughed me out for the same observations lol

I rarely listen to the Junks so I'm not sure what you're talking about.  Several weeks back I was home from work and watched their show on CSN and the one dude who always loved Kirk admitted he was butthurt about the whole thing and his opinions were of the jilted lover variety.  That's the last time I caught any of their show.

Just now, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I rarely listen to the Junks so I'm not sure what you're talking about.  Several weeks back I was home from work and watched their show on CSN and the one dude who always loved Kirk admitted he was butthurt about the whole thing and his opinions were of the jilted lover variety.  That's the last time I caught any of their show.

Thats the exact guy who agreed with me lol. None of the other ones did. Hes definitely really hurt about it. He did the same thing when Griffin left. When from fanboy to hater literally a day. 

He brought up the play when Griffin scored and noticed how everyone on one sideline was cheering and jumping up and down, except for one guy. I just thought It was funny cause I thought I was crazy then and I know im crazy now that that fool is agreeing with me hahaha. Dont mean its wrong though. 

13 minutes ago, onedrop said:

i asked you a question and made a statement.

You made an assumption. We all know you did. And you know what they say about ASSumptions dont you? 

you posted in a public forum

****! I didn't even notice. You. Are. So. Smart. Moms must be proud. 

FWIW the bigger point was the junkies, while entertaining, aren't the best source of serious sports news or insight........homie

You think they have less insight than anyone in the thread or more? Cause im willing to be with 20 years of sports radio in the same city they have a little more insight than all of us. I mean, do you have any? Want so share some insider knowledge? 

oh yeah -

*business

Again. You are so smart! God you brought alot to the discussion this time. Very helpful. Hope to talk to you again soon. GOD you are smart. 

1 hour ago, skinsmania123 said:

I am looking forward to seeing this documentary on this part of his NFL journey.  But I will tell you one thing it would be foolish as hell for him to sign with the freaking Jets.  If he wants to win and avoid massive migraines and endless frustration, no matter what the hell they offer,  just say NO to that mess which is probably on par with the Redskins.   

I have to admit I thought he was going Bronco's all the way until the Vikings showed up.  If Keenum is going to the Bronco's I just think Cousin's has to go the Vikings. Someone said he had hashtag Jets, Vikings under his blog letter to the Skin's fans and then removed it.  Either he knew that Keenum was the Bronco's pick or he had already narrowed his search.  

Cousins has shown that he doesn't play his best football when he's under pressure (emotionally and physically).  Going to Minnesota will put him under the most pressure to succeed.  So it wouldn't surprise me at all to see him sign with the Jets.

2 minutes ago, dcdiscokid said:

Wouldnt it be crazy if no touches his crazy contract demands, and all the vacancies get filled with other players.  I'm sure it wont happen, but would be quite fun to watch...

Hes to good not to play. I would love to see it too but hes literally too good to be out of football. Someone will give him the money he wants as long as hes not the last man standing. If he is then hes going to have to take a pay cut but hes still arguably the best QB in free agency. Only above Brees cause of age. 

Hell is Brees is cheaper that might mess him up big time. 

6 minutes ago, dcdiscokid said:

Wouldnt it be crazy if no touches his crazy contract demands, and all the vacancies get filled with other players.  I'm sure it wont happen, but would be quite fun to watch...

Name his crazy contract demands.  Not what pundits say he will get, what were his crazy demands?

6 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Hes to good not to play. I would love to see it too but hes literally too good to be out of football. Someone will give him the money he wants as long as hes not the last man standing. If he is then hes going to have to take a pay cut but hes still arguably the best QB in free agency. Only above Brees cause of age. 

Hell is Brees is cheaper that might mess him up big time. 

Well that didnt take long

The #Saints and QB Drew Brees have struck a 2-year deal worth $50M, sources tell me and @SlaterNFL. He gets $27M guaranteed. He’s back and everyone can breathe.

3 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Thats the exact guy who agreed with me lol. None of the other ones did. Hes definitely really hurt about it. He did the same thing when Griffin left. When from fanboy to hater literally a day. 

He brought up the play when Griffin scored and noticed how everyone on one sideline was cheering and jumping up and down, except for one guy. I just thought It was funny cause I thought I was crazy then and I know im crazy now that that fool is agreeing with me hahaha. Dont mean its wrong though

You made an assumption. We all know you did. And you know what they say about ASSumptions dont you? 

****! I didn't even notice. You. Are. So. Smart. Moms must be proud. 

You think they have less insight than anyone in the thread or more? Cause im willing to be with 20 years of sports radio in the same city they have a little more insight than all of us. I mean, do you have any? Want so share some insider knowledge? 

Again. You are so smart! God you brought alot to the discussion this time. Very helpful. Hope to talk to you again soon. GOD you are smart. 

so it was your validation then?

the junkies are in the entertainment business, which by default can distort the message. if i want to get a sense for whats truly going on with the team i come here, read, check facts or form my own opinion on subjective issues based on others contributions.

as to mom...i only have one....she says i have my moments. 

5 minutes ago, Fat Stupid Loser said:

Name his crazy contract demands.  Not what pundits say he will get, what were his crazy demands?

Rumor is a 3 year with 90 mil guaranteed. I would just be afraid to give the dude that much money and have to enter contract negotiations with him after only 1 season. I mean, we know how that goes with him. 

1 minute ago, Taylorcooley1 said:

Okay so Kirk Cousins just crossed over onto the douchebag side of things for me... He is going to be filming and making a documentary of his free agency from where he travels to to him signing the new contract???...gimme a break!!!

Sounds alot like Griffin. honestly. He would do some **** like that. 

2 minutes ago, onedrop said:

so it was your validation then?

I dont get what you think im trying to validate. I already knew it happened. There is video and photographic evidence that what I said pages back was true. This is why I said mind ya bitness cause I feel you are trying to insinuate something without knowing the full context. 

the junkies are in the entertainment business, which by default can distort the message. if i want to get a sense for whats truly going on with the team i come here, read, check facts or form my own opinion on subjective issues based on others contributions.

Sounds good but what I asked you is if you think they have less insight that people here? I bet you they dont but if you disagree thats on you. Yes they are in entertainment. What the hell would you classify John Kiem as? Or this website that you get your facts from? Or.....football? Your point is lost here. 

as to mom...i only have one....she says i have my moments. 

My mom says I have moments too. That practically makes us brothers. I dont think my mom means it though lol

4 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Sounds good but what I asked you is if you think they have less insight that people here? I bet you they dont but if you disagree thats on you. Yes they are in entertainment. What the hell would you classify John Kiem as? Or this website that you get your facts from? Or.....football? Your point is lost here. 

My mom says I have moments too. That practically makes us brothers. I dont think my mom means it though lol

as individuals probably not. but anytime something is done for ratings, money, the message, or delivery can become skewed or disingenuous. does anyone really think steven a smith sounds that way ordering a meal in a restaurant?  here we all get to come together AFTER the soundbite, report, or event and dissect, reflect, discuss etc...to me there is more value in that than the produced and packaged  content on the radio/tv alone.

if moms can agree, so can we, welcome to fam!

44 minutes ago, cakmoney61 said:

Cousins has shown that he doesn't play his best football when he's under pressure (emotionally and physically).  Going to Minnesota will put him under the most pressure to succeed.  So it wouldn't surprise me at all to see him sign with the Jets.

You obviously don't know much about the NY media.  They would eat his lunch.

9 hours ago, ExoDus84 said:

So apparently Cousins is having a film crew following him around to "chronicle his free agency journey". That's awfully self-promoting and braggadocious for a guy who claims to be so humble.

Is he trying to pull a LeBron James and build his "brand"? At least LeBron was the best in his sport, and not just an above average player. 

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/22739533/kirk-cousins-having-video-crew-document-free-agent-journey

Interesting and surprising.  I have no idea what it feels like to be the focus of nonstop local and national media speculation.  Vast numbers of people across the country are developing attitudes about him based on these reports, and of course most of these reports are utterly groundless.  I think I would find this process very frustrating and painful.  This might be the case with Cousins and he is looking for a way to tell his side of the story and set the record straight.  I also wonder who is doing the filming and if Cousins is trying to help that person by agreeing to participate in the process.

35 minutes ago, cakmoney61 said:

I disagree, he will want to go to a team that could contend for a Super Bowl, or at minimum NFC championships, Minnesota is that team.  They were that team with a 3rd string QB until the Eagles knocked them off.  Every QB is under pressure everywhere (all 32 teams).  New York is big market, tons of pressure is on the Jets players, coaches, staff.  

He would have some added pressure of being able to lead them to the same or better record than Case last season, I get that.  But fully healthy (entire team), that team is full of playmakers and have a great defense.  Lots of pieces in place to help get them back into a game if needed.  A defense that can make plays and get stops/turnovers to keep them in a close game or hold a team to win a close game.  

Look at Keenums total yards per game by game last season:  167, 369, 219, 140, 129, 188, 288, 304, 280, 282, 227, 280, 236, 139, 189

Kirk is absolutely capable of putting up similar numbers (worse case), but most likely would put up a lot better numbers.  And as a QB, you want the best chance to win a SB, why go to the pressures of a baby brother team (Jets) in a city with one of the harshest medias and team that always seems to be on the hot seat.  When you can go to a team that should be a contender for a few more years.  

42 minutes ago, Taylorcooley1 said:

Okay so Kirk Cousins just crossed over onto the douchebag side of things for me... He is going to be filming and making a documentary of his free agency from where he travels to to him signing the new contract???...gimme a break!!!

I would say it looks like its gonna be a short film. With Denver out, That leaves the Vikings, Jets and who else Maybe Buffalo or Miami ?

With a good crop of younger and cheaper quarterbacks available in the draft he almost has to go to a team that is built to win now and does not have a solid solution at the position, So that leaves him with the Vikings or sign a one year deal somewhere and hope Big Ben or Rivers retire at the end of the season.

#Ipricedmyselfoutofthemarket

1 hour ago, goskins10 said:

MN can still place the tag on Keenum. They have until tomorrow. They also have this time to legally tamper with Kirk - just can't get a signed contract. Let's just say for the sake of argument that the Jets blow Kirk out of the water and he lets MN know he is taking that offer.  MN could tag Keenum then attempt to work out a long term deal. They can beat the reported deal from Denver, assuming it's accurate. That would royally screw Denver who is now out of both QBs they want. 

That would have been entertaining but unless I am reading the rules wrong the deadline to place tags was March 6th so this is not an option for the Vikings.

49 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Rumor is a 3 year with 90 mil guaranteed. I would just be afraid to give the dude that much money and have to enter contract negotiations with him after only 1 season. I mean, we know how that goes with him. 

Sounds alot like Griffin. honestly. He would do some **** like that. 

Correct me if I'm wrong, but rumors of contract negotiations or what some pundit said someone might be offering Kirk is not a Kirk demand. Has anyone actually heard Kirk or McCartney demand anything? People keep commenting on Kirk's crazy demands on contracts. Is the 30M a year for 3 years all guaranteed a demand McCartney made or we won't sign?  I somehow doubt that.

56 minutes ago, Taylorcooley1 said:

If that's true, not a fan of that.

2 minutes ago, WelshSkinsFan said:

That would have been entertaining but unless I am reading the rules wrong the deadline to place tags was March 6th so this is not an option for the Vikings.

LOL - Fair enough. Had not looked at the dates recently - going off memory. Oh well, I guess that's not possible. Thanks for the correction. 

Would have been fun though! 

34 minutes ago, GhostofAlvinWalton said:

You obviously don't know much about the NY media.  They would eat his lunch.

So you think the NY media will be expecting a super bowl because the Jets signed Kirk Cousins?  I never said there was no pressure playing for the Jets.  I said expectations will be higher because he would be going to a team that most believe are a QB away from winning a super bowl this year.

Edit:  Also, I'm not referring to outside pressure.  I'm saying the pressure that Kirk would put on himself would be greater playing for a team expected to win a super bowl with him.  

4 minutes ago, Fat Stupid Loser said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but rumors of contract negotiations or what some pundit said someone might be offering Kirk is not a Kirk demand. Has anyone actually heard Kirk or McCartney demand anything? People keep commenting on Kirk's crazy demands on contracts. Is the 30M a year for 3 years all guaranteed a demand McCartney made or we won't sign?  I somehow doubt that.

I dont know what about recent history tells you he wouldn't like a short term deal with alot of money guaranteed. Does that not sound like something he would sign? We are talking possible contract demands I thought. Im sorry if I made it sound like hes said it himself. Im just going with the information we have currently available until we have more. If you want something from Kirks mouth, then obviously you are going to have to watch his reality TV show hes putting on his website.  

Archived