Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP: Kirk Cousins breaks his silence after Redskins trade for Alex Smith

TK

3 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

You don't say?

Meanwhile DHalls appearances were merely just a coveted man speaking his mind.

You dont know who Jason Reid is do you? If anyone has a grudge its him for real. They canned his ass is such a messed up way and he HATED the Redskins before that lol

5 minutes ago, BurgundyBooger said:

Just can't get over the fate reversals of Kirk and Robert. RG3 was supposed to be the chosen one, set for 10 lifetimes. Now it's Kirk with the generational money. 20+ million just for the last 2 seasons, now stack 86 million on top of that. At the end of his career, he'll end up being the richest person to ever play for us.

And we got zero playoff wins out of the two of them combined. **** blows my mind lol

1 minute ago, Fat Stupid Loser said:

Which, if true, is just more of the same vindictive teenage girl mentality that this FO oozes.

Here is whats ****ed up. You have every reason to believe that Jason Reid is full of ****. Cause he often is and he hates the skins. 

But its the Skins lol

Just now, goskins10 said:

One thing is clear they believe he is the guy that gets them over the hump. Typically guys have not gone to other teams and done well. It is why I could see Alex Smith having problems. The only difference is that he has already changed teams once and made a good transition. So it's possible.

Also, this contract - if true - changes the landscape of football contracts. Good or bad, he has affected major change in how the tag is perceived and how contracts will be written. Look for Rogers to get something fully guaranteed. Next years QB contracts are going to be tough.

I agree about the precedent he set, as for how he performs at MN, well he's in the best situation he could have asked for.

Everything is set up for him to succeed and it will be interesting to see how it plays out.

1 minute ago, JSSkinz said:

I agree about the precedent he set, as for how he performs at MN, well he's in the best situation he could have asked for.

Everything is set up for him to succeed and it will be interesting to see how it plays out.

I mean its guaranteed playoffs right? After that its a crap shoot but thats a hell of a position to be in. Guaranteed playoffs. You cant pay too much for that. 

7 minutes ago, Llevron said:

They were in the position to do it AND keep a good team in place. Why wouldn't they? I would have wanted the Skins to do it in the same position. And I still woudlnt have liked him lol

Well, its a tough deal for the Vikes, having to come back and worry about resigning him after 2 years before he becomes a free agent again is not a great situation for them, especially if he plays well.

Just now, JSSkinz said:

Well, its a tough deal for the Vikes, having to come back and worry about resigning him after 2 years before he becomes a free agent again is not a great situation for them, especially if he plays well.

You are right but if you look at it as you have a 3 years window to go ball to the walls with a good chance to win it all. 

After that it all falls apart cause hes GOING to want to get paid the big bucks again. And who knows if he even negotiates. No team friendly **** here. But for those 3 years you have a good chance to win it once and thats all that matters. 

8 minutes ago, Llevron said:

You dont know who Jason Reid is do you? If anyone has a grudge its him for real. They canned his ass is such a messed up way and he HATED the Redskins before that lol

Oh, I know all about Jason Reid.  Hated his guts.  Sadly, I came to find out that a lot of what he said that I didn't want to believe ended up being truthful.  I think what made me hate his guts the most though was the fact that he used bring the pain on the Redskins and appeared to enjoy doing it. 

But I absolutely believe the Skins were telling everyone Kirk is not that dude.  I also believe that the whole tag and trade thing was never a legit idea, it was done merely to make him sweat while on Super Bowl row.  There is more than enough info out there to know this isn't merely business, it's personal.

2 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

Not only that, but if, heaven forbid, Kirk blows a knee out in week 5 or 6, and takes a year plus to fully recover, the Vikings are left holding a big **** sandwich. 

Im sure there are more than a few NFL front offices that are not at all happy with the Vikings right now.

6 minutes ago, Llevron said:

I mean its guaranteed playoffs right? After that its a crap shoot but thats a hell of a position to be in. Guaranteed playoffs. You cant pay too much for that. 

With the Vikings stout defense, for a fact, Cousins will get many more opportunities to make something good happen on offense.  He will also get many more opportunities to mess up.

It's over and done with.

Everyone has moved on.

What Kirk did with the Skins, signing the franchise tender last 2 years and now his 3 year guaranteed deal with Minnesota; has set the template for the rest of the league.  Other players will now look at what Kirk did.  You know Aaron Rodgers and Matt Ryan's next contract will be based off of Kirk's.

If Kirk is for real, then the Vikings will win a Superbowl during his 3 years.  He will then get one more big contract in 2021, either with Minnesota or elsewhere.

If Kirk isn't for real, then he will flop miserably in Minnesota. He will be what many here believe him to be and then in 2021 or sooner, he'll just be a backup for the rest of his days.

Time to move on now.  Of course, there will always be comparisons.  Kirk vs Redskins.  Does Kirk do better or do the Redskins do better.

Well, the Skins have taken their first step. Giving Alex a shines new WR to throw to.  Probably, will need it; since I'm not sold on Doctson.

26 minutes ago, zskins said:

Or he will win a SB in two years and they will just keep him. For more money of course. 

He better, because anything less than a Superbowl appearance would be considered a step back. 

Keenum helped lead that Vikings team to the NFC championship on a 1 year $500K contract

1 minute ago, redskins4ever28 said:

Again so we

get no comp picks from this correct? I remember people earlier in the year thinking we would but it’s too late for that yes?

Comp picks are for previous years business so anything for Kirk would be for 2019 not this year. 

1 minute ago, Boss_Hogg said:

He better, because anything less than a Superbowl appearance would be considered a step back. 

Keenum helped lead that Vikings team to the NFC championship on a 1 year $500K contract

Who is to say that Keenum would lead them as far next season?  He certainly wouldn't be doing it for 500K again, more like 36-40x that as well.

The way fans plug players into other teams as if its all apples to apples is wild to me.

Of course on paper it seems that way, that when you add a player/players to a team coming off a high performing season, you expect that to equate to better results the next.  But there are so many variables in play that it's unrealistic.

2 minutes ago, Boss_Hogg said:

Funny he didn't include Alex Smith in there and we are paying him near the same amount of guaranteed money.

25 minutes ago, mark327 said:

So basically just some 7 on 7 :)

Pretty much.  I mean, all people want to see is a QB win or lose a game and talk non stop about how the QB is great or the QB is garbage.  While it is a QB driven league, there seems to be little interest in anything else.  All you hear is like "Kirk didn't win a playoff game" or "Kirk hasn't won a big game"

Last I checked, it's a team sport.  But let's not let any of the other Skins shortcomings get in the way. 

Just now, Spaceman Spiff said:

All you hear is like "Kirk didn't win a playoff game" or "Kirk hasn't won a big game"

Last I checked, it's a team sport.  But let's not let any of the other Skins shortcomings get in the way. 

Bram was echoing this crap hard today and sounded like a child trying to respond to a caller with it.  

8 minutes ago, Gibbsisgod2006 said:

I disagree the Skins presented Kirk a deal that he chose not to counter. KC is all about himself don't let his good boy act fool you. Point in case the camera's following him through free agency.

Camera's follow every FA through free agency, especially if you're rated the number one FA of that year's crop.  That has absolutely NOTHING to do with KC at all.  It is so pathetic how far some of you will reach to make KC the bad guy.  The offer that KC chose not to counter came way late and wasn't even a serious one.  If you were him and would have countered, that's fine, but it would prove you were a fool being represented by a complete moron of an agent. 

It is also funny that you want to pretend the team made him an offer that he didn't even counter and that is the beginning of this mess.  But, of course, forgetting everything that happened the previous year and a half plus prior to the team's low-ball offer gets thrown out the window because it destroy the greedy, selfish KC, the team is a victim narrative some of you guys are trying to spill.  Typical.  It will be interesting to see your guys' spin the next time Allen totally screws the pooch.

24 minutes ago, redskins4ever28 said:

Again so we

get no comp picks from this correct? I remember people earlier in the year thinking we would but it’s too late for that yes?

Yes. We would still get a 3rd rounder for him. Why are you thinking otherwise?

19 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Funny he didn't include Alex Smith in there and we are paying him near the same amount of guaranteed money.

We wont have to do it again in 3 years though. At least not with him lol

Archived