Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP: Kirk Cousins breaks his silence after Redskins trade for Alex Smith

TK

He is only in business for HIMSELF. If he gave a damn about a team he never leaves. He's a snake and I'm glad he's gone. If he can't beat a 1-14 Giants team that had nothing at all to play for when he's going into free agency there is absolutely no chance he wins a damn thing for the cursed Vikings. It's not as good as him going to the JETs but I will take it hahaha. 

9 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

What? FULLY GUARANTEED 3 years at the HIGHEST RATE EVER????

That's what he got apparently, that's the market. Has nothing to do with demands which is my issue with the BA driven narrative of the greedy **** making crazy demands that nobody should entertain. We have no idea that he demanded anything. He didn't accept BA's bad low ball, one-sided deals. That's all we know.

2 minutes ago, bobandweave said:

He is only in business for HIMSELF. If he gave a damn about a team he never leaves. He's a snake and I'm glad he's gone. If he can't beat a 1-14 Giants team that had nothing at all to play for when he's going into free agency there is absolutely no chance he wins a damn thing for the cursed Vikings. It's not as good as him going to the JETs but I will take it hahaha. 

Every player in the league is "in business for HIMSELF". 

2 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

He better get the Vikings to the SB.  Because Keenum got them to the NFC Championship game.  

If he doesn't get them to the NFC Championship game, it's a step backwards for them as an organization.

Agreed.  If guess they believe that Cousins is the missing piece.  Personally, I believe that they should've kept Keenum, but that's just me.  This puts a tremendous amount of pressure on Cousins to do what Keenum couldn't for them.

That is a fantastic deal for Cousins. He and his agent have nailed it financially. He also goes to a very good team with a chance to win. In fact, I'd suggest it has to win now. Time will tell if it works out.

My honest balanced view is that I don't think I'd like my team giving that kind of contract out. But the debate in here is pointless so it's time to move on :kickcan:

5 minutes ago, bobandweave said:

I think the NFL should adopt a new way to play.  No offensive line, no running back (except split out wide) and the game is just basically a QB standing in the pocket trying his best to pick defenses apart.  No running game, no nothing...just a QB and his arm going against a defense because, after all, that's all that really matters in the NFL.  

Just now, Probos said:

Every player in the league is "in business for HIMSELF". 

Not so my friend, many players especially in leadership roles like the QBs over the many NFL years have decided to take less money for the betterment of an NFL team. But it's cool don't want to argue the point. Just my opinion

Just now, Spaceman Spiff said:

I think the NFL should adopt a new way to play.  No offensive line, no running back (except split out wide) and the game is just basically a QB standing in the pocket trying his best to pick defenses apart.  No running game, no nothing...just a QB and his arm going against a defense because, after all, that's all that really matters in the NFL.  

I wanted to heart this too, excellent post. I've always enjoyed your humor good man. Thanks for the laugh

10 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

He better get the Vikings to the SB.  Because Keenum got them to the NFC Championship game.  

If he doesn't get them to the NFC Championship game, it's a step backwards for them as an organization.

I like their chances, they are one of the contenders, and they have a great team.  

As far as contract goes, 3 years fully guaranteed for $84 million, that's good money.  But it's not the most guaranteed money of all time, I don't believe.  Highest per-year.  Shorter deal.  I pity the Vikings having to extend him.  

I believe Luck holds that @ $87 million guaranteed (but over 6 years vs. $84 million over 3)

1 minute ago, SAli457180 said:

Agreed.  If guess they believe that Cousins is the missing piece.  Personally, I believe that they should've kept Keenum, but that's just me.  This puts a tremendous amount of pressure on Cousins to do what Keenum couldn't for them.

With a contract like that, for his sake he'd better live up to it. He'll get far  less sympathy, and local sports talk radio fanboys than he got here, since they made it to the championship game with a journeyman.

11 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Hellooooooo Vikings!  Meet some of your newest fans! 

Seriously yall should go to that forum now you will be so ahead of the rest of the group. 

5 minutes ago, SAli457180 said:

They are undeniably in a good spot to win it all this year and he is the cherry on top. And expensive one. But he is that last piece. He wouldnt have been here and in 3 years we would have had to do it all again. For more money lol

Glad this thread is locking soon, a lot of idiocy rearing its head in here. No surprise that much of the noise is coming from a crowd I rarely agree with on anything anyways. But damn is it embarrassing to read, as a fellow fan. We can't move on from this era fast enough. 

3 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

With a contract like that, for his sake he'd better live up to it. He'll get far  less sympathy, and local sports talk radio fanboys than he got here, since they made it to the championship game with a journeyman.

Its a lot smaller market though as well. No where near the pressure of the DC media.

3 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Yea but realistically he couldn't have put himself in a better position to succeed. Now its all up to the football Gods. And by football Gods I mean Kirk Cousins. 

Just now, ConnSKINS26 said:

Glad this thread is locking soon, a lot of idiocy rearing its head in here. No surprise that much of the noise is coming from a crowd I rarely agree with on anything anyways. But damn is it embarrassing to read, as a fellow fan. We can't move on from this era fast enough. 

There were very fine people on both sides, believe me.

Just now, ConnSKINS26 said:

You mean the people hoping he wins the next 5 super bowls and that the skins suck as to learn their lesson, right? 

Well, Kirk wins.  

I mean, lets face it, those that hate Kirk do so because he got what we all want, to go to a winning franchise, and get paid, and get everything he wanted, and we are stuck with the Redskins.  If we or anyone we knew were in his shoes we would be so excited for him.  But those that hate him have to view it as he could have helped us out of our misery, instead hes going to enjoy greener pastures.

He gets to make a fortune, and plug into a team that has a dominate running game, offensive line, and defense.  Easy choice for him.

Archived