Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP: Kirk Cousins breaks his silence after Redskins trade for Alex Smith

TK

2 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Pretty much.  I mean, all people want to see is a QB win or lose a game and talk non stop about how the QB is great or the QB is garbage.  While it is a QB driven league, there seems to be little interest in anything else.  All you hear is like "Kirk didn't win a playoff game" or "Kirk hasn't won a big game"

Last I checked, it's a team sport.  But let's not let any of the other Skins shortcomings get in the way. 

No you're wrong.  QB win and lose, everyone else is just there so the field doesn't look too empty.  Bottles is better than Roethlisberger but not Brady.  Keenum is better than Brees but not Foles.  Foles is the best current QB in all of football.  

Remember when the Pats intercepted Wilson to win the Super Bowl they seemed sure to lose?  All Tom Brady.  Speaking of the Seahawks, that team was all Russell Wilson.  Nothing else about them was special.  Peyton Mannings great play is why the Broncos won a Super Bowl.  Remember how the Giants beat an undefeated Pats team with that vicious pass rush?  All made possible the legendary play of Eli Manning.  

The should change the league name to NQBL.  

Keenum was a much better QB than KC last year, by my eye.  Made tons of big plays while avoiding pressure, and overall just played way above his head.  It'll be interesting to see if he can keep it up in Denver.  For those expecting him to regress, I kept expecting him to regress this year.  It never happened.  He might not replicate this season in Denver, but I got money that says he turns out to be closer to that player than the journeyman that people are questioning.

Shurmur is gone in Minny.  KC will have a new system, but I expect that to be offset by Dalvin Cook.  He has a good situation, but my money is that he regresses while GB and Detroit both take steps forwards, making it more difficult for him to win the division.

I think that when we look back, we will realize that Jay Gruden (yes, our current HC) played a much bigger role in Kirk's success than previously acknowledged.  

No rings for Kirk.  No rings for the Vikes.  This whole thing has been overly dramaticized and will wind up being ridiculous in hindsight.

2 minutes ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

Keenum was a much better QB than KC last year, by my eye.  Made tons of big plays while avoiding pressure, and overall just played way above his head.  It'll be interesting to see if he can keep it up in Denver.  For those expecting him to regress, I kept expecting him to regress this year.  It never happened.  He might not replicate this season in Denver, but I got money that says he turns out to be closer to that player than the journeyman that people are questioning.

Shurmur is gone in Minny.  KC will have a new system, but I expect that to be offset by Dalvin Cook.  He has a good situation, but my money is that he regresses while GB and Detroit both take steps forwards, making it more difficult for him to win the division.

I think that when we look back, we will realize that Jay Gruden (yes, our current HC) played a much bigger role in Kirk's success than previously acknowledged.  

No rings for Kirk.  No rings for the Vikes.  This whole thing has been overly dramaticized and will wind up being ridiculous in hindsight.

Be an honorable guy and print out a copy of your smug post and save it, in a place you won't forget, so when Cousins wins a Super Bowl with the Vikings you can put it between a couple slices of rye and eat it.

1 hour ago, Veryoldschool said:

Be an honorable guy and print out a copy of your smug post and save it, in a place you won't forget, so when Cousins wins a Super Bowl with the Vikings you can put it between a couple slices of rye and eat it.

To be fair, wouldn't you have to promise the same with this post?

Though I think decorum dictates you should each get to choose your own bread.

19 hours ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

Dear Lord Jebus, give me strength.

Do you actually have any concept of what you're even responding to? Because the post of mine you chose to respond to, the conversation that you chose to be part of, was about Kirk Cousins and what he will get on the market, and what he turned down. It has nothing to do with how good you, or me, or anyone else, thinks he is. It was about what he could get on the market, not whether random internet dude thinks he'll live up to his next contract. Are you aware of that? Do you have the capacity to grasp what is being discussed, that you chose to involve yourself in? Because your "points"  are so far off the target from what you responded to, it's hard to put into words how worthless your posts have been to this point.

About the only thing you've contributed is that you're likely the first person in this board's history to brag about his ability to buy steak.

My steak-buying game is strong.

7 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

To be fair, wouldn't you have to promise the same with this post?

Though I think decorum dictates you should each get to choose your own bread.

Right on both points.  I might go with a crusty french bread to hide the crunchy paper....:-)

It will be interesting how Cousins, Keenum and Smith do in 2018.  I wish Smith well, I certainly will be pulling for Cousins and good luck to Keenum who I have some sympathy for since he had a career year and lost his job.  That said, I expect Cousins will have the best year of the 3 and probably by a wide margin.

Keenum and Smith are going to less talented teams while Kirk's supporting cast in Minnesota will be a huge upgrade over the 3 Redskins teams he started for in my opinion.  Barring a rash of injuries Kirk is going have a great defense, very talented receivers and a running game to support him.  Kirk's critics here may disagree but I foresee Kirk having another 4-5K yard year and a much better W/L, I doubt Keenum or Smith do nearly as well.

36 minutes ago, Veryoldschool said:

It will be interesting how Cousins, Keenum and Smith do in 2018.  I wish Smith well, I certainly will be pulling for Cousins and good luck to Keenum who I have some sympathy for since he had a career year and lost his job.  That said, I expect Cousins will have the best year of the 3 and probably by a wide margin.

Keenum and Smith are going to less talented teams while Kirk's supporting cast in Minnesota will be a huge upgrade over the 3 Redskins teams he started for in my opinion.  Barring a rash of injuries Kirk is going have a great defense, very talented receivers and a running game to support him.  Kirk's critics here may disagree but I foresee Kirk having another 4-5K yard year and a much better W/L, I doubt Keenum or Smith do nearly as well.

Shocking!!!

38 minutes ago, Veryoldschool said:

All of that might be true, but if he doesn’t get to the SB next year with that team, he under-performed Keenum.  

Its pretty simple: he no longer has the “Skins are a bad organization” excuse.  He’s set up to win.  The only thing that matters in evaluating him over the next 3 years is wins and losses. 

I think he’ll be fine and the Vikings are poised to lose in the NFC Championship game 3 more years in a row. :)  

1 hour ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

All of that might be true, but if he doesn’t get to the SB next year with that team, he under-performed Keenum.  

I mean, I get that it seems that simple but it's an oversimplification. if his team is ravaged by injuries, for example. And it's quite easily possible the top of the NFC could be a good deal tougher next year. 

Just now, Rufus T Firefly said:

I mean, I get that it seems that simple but it's an oversimplification. if his team is ravaged by injuries, for example. And it's quite easily possible the top of the NFC could be a good deal tougher next year. 

It really is that simple.  The Vikings are loaded everywhere, and clearly thought the reason they lost in the NFC Championship game was they were put-classes by Nick Foles. 

I’ll give you if there is a rash of injuries, that could effect things. 

But the Vikings just thought they got better, and should contend.

All things being equal, the bare minimum expectation has to be a trip to the NFC Championship game.  

Or or why are you spending 28/year on a QB? 

Wait, you called ES....being ES..... :laugh:

I don't think you know why I wanted Kirk to fail. It was nothing at all about him, cheerleaders, god, his lame website, nor you. I just think its bad for football that QBs eat up so much of the cap, especially guys that are not the best being paid as if they are.  I even question that playing QB is the hardest job on the field. I would like to see him play center for a game, and then be asked which was easier.

1 hour ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

It really is that simple.  The Vikings are loaded everywhere, and clearly thought the reason they lost in the NFC Championship game was they were put-classes by Nick Foles. 

I’ll give you if there is a rash of injuries, that could effect things. 

But the Vikings just thought they got better, and should contend.

All things being equal, the bare minimum expectation has to be a trip to the NFC Championship game.  

Or or why are you spending 28/year on a QB? 

The question wasn't what the "expectation" would be. I was just pointing out that he could be better than Keenum was and the team could not go as far.

But I don't find this an interesting enough topic to continue a debate over.

13 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Its pretty simple: he no longer has the “Skins are a bad organization” excuse.  He’s set up to win.  The only thing that matters in evaluating him over the next 3 years is wins and losses. 

I think he’ll be fine and the Vikings are poised to lose in the NFC Championship game 3 more years in a row. :)  

Not true at all.  Fact that people seem to just want to forget...The Vikes only got their one playoff win due to the inexplicable bone-headed play of a NO DB.  If that idiotic play doesn't happen, Keenum, who by no means looked good in that second half, the entire narrative of this postseason possibly changes for the better.  Keenum then looked like complete ass in the NFCC game.  Horrible.  

1 hour ago, Veryoldschool said:

That is a tough division and Arron will be back for more than 7 games a season. Lions,GB and maybe improved bears will be tougher than NFC-E

It's not going to be a cake walk

36 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

This is true, things could happen, it is tough to make it to the NFC championship game and Minny is going to have a tougher schedule but in the end, Voice of Reason has a point Kirk is really teed up to win and everyone including me is going to want to see it in 2018.  He'll have other chances in 2019 & 2020 but they just seem primed to win now.  He sought this chance and now he's going have and needs to find a way to deliver the goods.

17 minutes ago, The Hangman- C_Hanburger said:

That is a tough division and Arron will be back for more than 7 games a season. Lions,GB and maybe improved bears will be tougher than NFC-E

It's not going to be a cake walk

I agree.  He got to call his shot and take his chance now he has to rise to the occasion and win it all.

4 hours ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

Most five year deals are three year deals in disguise. Frankly, that's what Smith's contract is.

Kirk simply had the power to say, "If it's a three year deal, make it a three year deal."

I think by and large, NFL players are done with the non-guaranteed BS.

Just curious, with their respective contracts, which player do you think made the bigger commitment to his team.

Alex Smith to the Redskins or Kirk Cousins to the Vikings ?

Archived