Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP: Kirk Cousins breaks his silence after Redskins trade for Alex Smith

TK

Wait so we are going to go with "Its unproven that Kirk didnt want to be here so we cant factor that in at all" AND "The Redskins said he wasnt worth it" at the same time. This is why its hard to argue with you guys. You assume one fact but wont allow your opposition to assume another. How is one more proven then the other at this point? 

Correct me if im wrong but all the Redskins ever said about the guy is that they want him here. We all called it a lie. But they said it. And again correct me if im wrong but Kirk signed a deal to make him the highest paid player ever AND we know since 2015 he wouldnt even respond to a deal that was less than that, right? 

So why is one a fact and one such a rumor that we wont even talk about it? Seems.....dishonest. 

3 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Huh?

The Vikings won 11 games in 2015 and 13 last year.  Skins haven't won 11 since the early 90's brother.  My god.

We won 10 in 2012. Splitting hairs here. 1 game difference

7 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Huh?

The Vikings won 11 games in 2015 and 13 last year.  Skins haven't won 11 since the early 90's brother.  My god.

I will give it to them last year they were good. I was saying that the skins have been competitive not how good the Skins have been. The skins in the last three years haven't been competitive? Ok in 2015 the Vikings lost in the first rd. Yes they have been ok.

3 minutes ago, Gibbsisgod2006 said:

I will give it to them last year they were good. We were saying competitive not good. The skins in the last three years haven't been competitive? Ok in 2015 the Vikings lost in the first rd. Yes they have been ok.

The argument that they haven't been competitive is stupid. If they weren't competitive then why would we pay the QB leading them 86 mil? Its a silly argument. 

What I also want to point out is that every one believe them not paying Kirk was personal as well as financial. But we have let MANY people walk this off season cause we didn't want to pay them. There is literally no reason other than rumor to think we are just cheap and stupid. Well....history lol. But im playing devils advocate here. 

3 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Wait so we are going to go with "Its unproven that Kirk didnt want to be here so we cant factor that in at all" AND "The Redskins said he wasnt worth it" at the same time. This is why its hard to argue with you guys. You assume one fact but wont allow your opposition to assume another. How is one more proven then the other at this point? 

I'm not assuming the Redskins didn't believe he was worth it, they showed that with their actions over the past 3 years.  Perhaps they are right and he is just a component of Jay Gruden's system.  That appears to be the belief of the team based on what they say, that 4K yards is a given in Jays system.  That doesn't excuse them from not getting something out of him from others who don't see him the same way. 

You are assuming that there was not an inkling of a chance to sign the guy to reasonable terms after the 2015 season.

I don't understand how people say get something for him.  If he wanted to test free agency it would seem like he was untradeable.  Why would a team trade for him if he wasn't signing any deal until he tested the market

7 minutes ago, Llevron said:

But im playing devils advocate here. 

But why man? 

I think you're a smarter person than this.  I think you know deep down that Bruce Allen is a horses ass and he met his match with his shrewd negotiator BS and let pride get in the way of making the best deal for the team, on numerous occasions.

1 minute ago, dckey said:

I don't understand how people say get something for him.  If he wanted to test free agency it would seem like he was untradeable.  Why would a team trade for him if he wasn't signing any deal until he tested the market

I agree with you if you're talking about this year.  Going into his 3rd tag, it's a very hard trade to make.  But last offseason is a different story.  The team could have easily went to Kirk and said if you have no intention of signing a LTD here, find the place you do, get a deal done and we'll make a trade.

14 minutes ago, Llevron said:

The argument that they haven't been competitive is stupid. If they weren't competitive then why would we pay the QB leading them 86 mil? Its a silly argument. 

Dude said you could argue the Redskins have been HIGHLY competitive, as if they are in the same ballpark as the Vikings.  Which is just as silly as when folks keep talking about the Eagles and the Redskins as if they are in any way similar.

I never said the team wasn't competitive.  But at the end of the day, records wise - the Vikings > Redskins without a shadow of a doubt.

2 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

But why man? 

I think you're a smarter person than this.  I think you know deep down that Bruce Allen is a horses ass and he met his match with his shrewd negotiator BS and let pride get in the way of making the best deal for the team, on numerous occasions.

I agree with you if you're talking about this year.  Going into his 3rd tag, it's a very hard trade to make.  But last offseason is a different story.  The team could have easily went to Kirk and said if you have no intention of signing a LTD here, find the place you do, get a deal done and we'll make a trade.

But how was he tradeable after they tried to negotiate in May when he stated he didn't want to negotiate and would wait.  Now if they would have known that before the draft then yes, but they were under the impression they had til July 15th to negotiate a deal

2 minutes ago, dckey said:

But how was he tradeable after they tried to negotiate in May when he stated he didn't want to negotiate and would wait.  Now if they would have known that before the draft then yes, but they were under the impression they had til July 15th to negotiate a deal

Um...

49ers

Maybe Rams too

6 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I'm not assuming the Redskins didn't believe he was worth it, they showed that with their actions over the past 3 years.  Perhaps they are right and he is just a component of Jay Gruden's system.  That appears to be the belief of the team based on what they say, that 4K yards is a given in Jays system.  That doesn't excuse them from not getting something out of him from others who don't see him the same way. 

You are assuming that there was not an inkling of a chance to sign the guy to reasonable terms after the 2015 season.

See this right here is just bull**** hypocrisy and I can see now there is no point in going further.

3 minutes ago, dckey said:

So you're working under the assumption that Kirk left town immediately after the Giants game to end 2016 and that the team had no contact whatsoever with Kirk or his agent between then and May 2017?

We're not talking about working out an extension here, where teams can sit on their hands a bit and make deals happen in the summer.  We're talking about a franchise QB on the heels of 2 4-5K yard seasons with no injury history looking at a 2nd franchise tag. 

12 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

But why man? 

I have already said thats probably the case. But I dont think its fair for you to sit here and ignore one guys failings while propping him up like he did nothing wrong when we honestly know little about how the process went down. Its BS and you know it. 

1 minute ago, Califan007 said:

YnEoS

Im confused. 

Just now, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

So you're working under the assumption that Kirk left town immediately after the Giants game to end 2016 and that the team had no contact whatsoever with Kirk or his agent between then and May 2017?

We're not talking about working out an extension here, where teams can sit on their hands a bit and make deals happen in the summer.  We're talking about a franchise QB on the heels of 2 4-5K yard seasons with no injury history looking at a 2nd franchise tag. 

I'm not saying they didn't contact him for those months all I'm saying is it was reported that once they offered him a contract in June he then told them he wasn't negotiating and would wait for free agency.  He played it perfectly in my opinion.  

2 minutes ago, SkinsFTW said:

Wait, but I thought "he didn't want to be here" :rofl89:

I'm not saying anything about what he wanted to do.  I'm saying that I don't think he was tradeable after he signed the second tag.  It was a smart business decision

Just now, Llevron said:

See this right here is just bull**** hypocrisy and I can see now there is no point in going further.

I'm starting to feel like you're trolling me on purpose and I'm taking the bait.

There is no hypocrisy at all in what I said.  If the Redskins really thought Kirk was that dude they would have done whatever it took to get him signed on the numerous occasions they had to.  They still needed to "see more" back in freaking November of 2017 for Christ sake.  Doug told the world the other day that 4K yards is a given in Jay's offense and they focused more on what Kirk didn't do vs. what he did do.  They apparently told anyone at the combine that would listen pretty much the same thing.  I think it's fair to say they never really loved dude all that much. 

So facts we know to be true without a doubt. 

Kirk Cousins gave the Redskins every chance to sign him. Never negotiating with them, never countering a single offer since 2015 have no barring on this fact. 

The Redskins didn't really want to sign him. Their continued media outings saying otherwise, contract offerings and franchise tags were all a ruse, I guess. 

Cool. glad thats all wrapped up. 

1 minute ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I'm starting to feel like you're trolling me on purpose and I'm taking the bait.

There is no hypocrisy at all in what I said.  If the Redskins really thought Kirk was that dude they would have done whatever it took to get him signed on the numerous occasions they had to.  They still needed to "see more" back in freaking November of 2017 for Christ sake.  Doug told the world the other day that 4K yards is a given in Jay's offense and they focused more on what Kirk didn't do vs. what he did do.  They apparently told anyone at the combine that would listen pretty much the same thing.  I think it's fair to say they never really loved dude all that much. 

I'm totally in agreement with you on whether they liked him.  That's why I think he was untradeable.  If I'm his agent I would have said sign the tag and let's hit free agency no matter what because you will get your value.  Why should he have accepted any offer until this year.  

3 minutes ago, dckey said:

I'm saying that I don't think he was tradeable after he signed the second tag.  It was a smart business decision

You're only thinking that because of the idea that other teams would think that he's not worth top in the league QB money, based on the fallacy that Bruce Allen has a clue what he is doing for the past 3 years dealing with Cousins.

That has now been proven to be bogus. Which means that some other team like the Vikings just did, would have given him the deal that the lions gave Stafford.

Which he would have gladly signed. But now the illogic of believing in Bumbling Bruce has people forgetting how to see reality. :headbang:

1 minute ago, Califan007 said:

Confirmation bias lol...we see what we want to see and ignore the rest.

Got it. Exactly. Thats exactly it. I hope im not guilty of it and if I am i will take that criticism. 

2 minutes ago, SkinsFTW said:

Which he would have gladly signed. But now the illogic of believing in Bumbling Bruce has people forgetting how to see reality. :headbang:

No one actually believes in Bruce bruh. I haven't seen one person who actually believes he is competent. Correct me if im wrong. 

7 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Did you forget the fact that Kirk choose not to counter the skins offer on May 2nd? I'm Dan Hellie from the NFL network who said that "the reason that Kirk didn't counter the Skins offer in May was because he was afraid that the Skins would match it". Kirk didn't want to be hear plan and simple.

5 minutes ago, SkinsFTW said:

You're only thinking that because of the idea that other teams would think that he's not worth top in the league QB money, based on the fallacy that Bruce Allen has a clue what he is doing for the past 3 years dealing with Cousins.

That has now been proven to be bogus. Which means that some other team like the Vikings just did, would have given him the deal that the lions gave Stafford.

But your also believing that he wouldn't want to test free agency and see all available options.  He seems like a person that wanted to see all offers. 

1 hour ago, Boss_Hogg said:

Alls I'm saying is that Keenum would've beech cheaper for the Vikes and he already has a rapport with his receivers.

Doesn't matter anyway

I heard from a Vikings beat reporter yesterday on Sirius NFL radio that Vikings fans are split on paying KC over keeping Keenum and that many feel they could've made a Super Bowl with Keenum without breaking the bank once they got Dalvin Cook back. Kirk better be on his toes because Bradford got destroyed in Minnesota to the point where it was painful to watch. Keenum showed a real good ability to move around and not take big hits til the Eagles got to him. I was impressed with him when he beat us this past season at Fed Ex.

Archived