Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP: Kirk Cousins breaks his silence after Redskins trade for Alex Smith

TK

I see the lynch mob mentality is alive and well here. 

So Kirk makes a video of his free agency and he is a horrible person - just plain greedy. How about Hard Knocks? Are the teams just being greedy? And why does it matter? He is not a Redskin anymore. And quite frankly if you don't like it then don't buy or watch it. If there is no audience then the joke is on him right? 

Now he has a fragile mind - why because while he is mostly cerebral he has flashes of emotion? If he is not emotional then he is accused of not caring enough (see Josh Doctson).  

I have seen several say how classless and greedy he is for daring to want to get paid what he is worth on the open NFL market - not what message board warriors think he is worth. And people keep latching onto him saying it's not about the money. So if he says that he is supposed just lie down and take whatever garbage offer anyone gives him. It's always about the money to a certain extent. Wouldn't you want the best deal you could get - meaning the best combination of best money with best opportunity? If he is going to MN it looks he is doing that.  

He had not said a kind farewell to the fans so he was a jerk. Then he did so and it's not sincere enough - or some just called them plain out lies. 

Since he does not make an ass out of himself in front of a camera - he is cold and calculating. He doesn't care about anyone but himself. Just using everyone. 

The best is some moron posts some rumors of demands from an unrelated agent and you guys are off to the races. And even if they are true - you would have heart failure if you saw all the demands made by star players. It just never gets made public. - who ****ing cares?? And even the person spreading the rumors - and they are just that, stupid rumors - they were not deal breakers so they were not actual demands! Some of you are just too gullible - mostly because it feeds into your own narrative. Compared to when presented with actual facts and truths that contradict those narratives you dismiss them out of hand. - Running with one seems silly and a waste of time. One of my favorite sayings - nothing is so small that it cannot be blown totally out of proportion! This applies here., 

Considering how much so many of you wanted him gone you seem to be obsessing over his every move. Admit it, you all secretly have posters in your rooms that you genuflect to every night. 

I like Kirk and made no bones about it. I still like him but he is not a Redskin anymore. So what he does now I could mostly care less other than I wish the guy well for the good things he did while he was here. But if flames out it will not crush me.

Again, I want the Redskins to win first, last and always. The other 31c teams are only in the league to give the Redskins someone to play. 

I just keep thinking "Imagine being Mike McCartney.... you sign a 4th round QB who got drafted by a team that spent 26 draft picks to draft a highly regarded QB and then you watch that QB set the league on fire as a rookie. Now, you are looking at 6 straight years at least of commissions on $20 to $30 million."

Kirk's going to be 32 and a free agent again. He's going to make a quarter of a billion dollars playing football before this is all said and done.

12 minutes ago, wit33 said:

Darrel Revis of the QB position. Credit to Kirk, as he’ll become a free agent again in middle of prime. Dude and reps are cut throat  in business lol. 

@goskins10

Go take a breather, man lol

I am totally fine. I simply called out the mass hysteria in here and i am the one out of control? LOL  

7 minutes ago, wit33 said:

Darrel Revis of the QB position. Credit to Kirk, as he’ll become a free agent again in middle of prime. Dude and reps are cut throat  in business lol. 

@goskins10

Go take a breather, man lol

Revis made $125 million playing football, won a Super Bowl, and is probably going to the Hall of Fame.

That's a pretty good career path to follow.

5 minutes ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

Revis made $125 million playing football, won a Super Bowl, and is probably going to the Hall of Fame.

That's a pretty good career path to follow.

It’s one way to approach an NFL career. I’m in no way saying it’s wrong. 

I wonder wheres hes beloved? Which helmet will be in the hall of fame? 

1 hour ago, Fat Stupid Loser said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but rumors of contract negotiations or what some pundit said someone might be offering Kirk is not a Kirk demand. Has anyone actually heard Kirk or McCartney demand anything? 

Well, we know what Kirk has rejected... everything. Even the opportunity to negotiate. Kirk is so high and mighty that for two consecutive years he couldn’t even lower himself to engage in a dialogue with the team that drafted him. 

Then, for two years running he calls a major press conference apart from the Redskins to discuss the State of Kirk Cousins. Now, he thinks his journey rates a documentary. 

Yeah, I’d say his head is a little over-inflated. 

24 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

That's just how FA works. The next good player to hit FA at a position usually resets the market and becomes "the highest paid" for a while, until the next guy. Thats going to keep happening until the salary cap stagnates. 

A good but not top tier OG is about to get paid top OT money and reset the market for OL (Norwell). That's just how it goes. 

And if his market value is "highest paid", you think he should turn it down...so as not to offend you? Because you think it's crazy? It's not any player's fault that you lack an understanding of basic economics. This is why many of us have been saying for multiple years that he'd reset the QB market in open FA, and we'd have a hard time paying him enough to pass up that opportunity. How good you think he is compared to other highly paid QBs isn't relevant. 

I dont know why you people cant make an argument without taking it personally. All I said was its a crazy demand. I have actually said, yesterday in this thread, I hope he makes whatever he can get as long as it not from us. This is why I dont even justify some of you with a response. 

What I want to know is why yall take it so personally that I dont think hes worth the money. Hes not your son or your friend. Im not rooting against your brother or some ****. I dont think hes worth it. Get the **** over it. Its not that big a deal. There is some real funny **** going on in some of your heads where a person cannot make an argument contrary to your own without it being personal. 

Again I know hes going to get paid. I think he should. Get ya money. I dont want to be the one to pay it cause I dont think hes worth it. And alot of that is because I dont think you should pay one guy all that money. I rarely works out in a league where you only have to much salary to play with. You have the misunderstanding here. Its not my economics thats the problem. This is football jack

26 minutes ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

Do you know who the highest paid QB in history always is? The last good QB to sign a long-term deal.

Yes I am aware. 

7 minutes ago, Fat Stupid Loser said:

It may be a crazy market, but it is what it is. They all get paid crazy money. Cause we keep buying jerseys and Sunday Ticket.

Yea im not denying that. They all get paid. And its a crazy market. I wish I could be part of it! 

24 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

I see the lynch mob mentality is alive and well here. 

So Kirk makes a video of his free agency and he is a horrible person - just plain greedy. How about Hard Knocks? Are the teams just being greedy? And why does it matter? He is not a Redskin anymore. And quite frankly if you don't like it then don't buy or watch it. If there is no audience then the joke is on him right? 

You dont have a choice with Hard Knocks. The league will make SOMEONE be on it. Cousins has CHOSEN to document his "free agency journey".

It is not a matter of a lynch mob mentality. It is obvious that Cousins cares about no one but himself. Good riddance.

10 minutes ago, Burgold said:

Well, we know what Kirk has rejected... everything. Even the opportunity to negotiate. Kirk is so high and mighty that for two consecutive years he couldn’t even lower himself to engage in a dialogue with the team that drafted him. 

Then, for two years running he calls a major press conference apart from the Redskins to discuss the State of Kirk Cousins. Now, he thinks his journey rates a documentary. 

Yeah, I’d say his head is a little over-inflated. 

Right. The Redskins and the fans are the ones that get screwed in the end and cats are in here mad at folks for not bowing down to Kirk and his envious position to make a **** load of money because hes the bestest ever. 

13 minutes ago, Spearfeather said:

What kind of long term commitment is Kirk making to a team ( any team ), if he consistently ask for only three year contracts ? 

What he is doing makes sense.  The non guaranteed years of a contract give all the power to the team.  If you could avoid them why wouldn't you?  Want me for 5 years? Guarantee it.  If not I'm happy with three.  

1 minute ago, clskinsfan said:

What? FULLY GUARANTEED 3 years at the HIGHEST RATE EVER????

Nothing crazy about that and we should have been the ones to do it cause that would have gone soooooooo well for the Redskins. 

7 minutes ago, HOF44 said:

What he is doing makes sense.  The non guaranteed years of a contract give all the power to the team. 

After he's collected a significant portion.

And on the three year deal, they are quickly forced to negotiate more guaranteed money. Again.

2 minutes ago, HOF44 said:

What he is doing makes sense.  The non guaranteed years of a contract give all the power to the team.  If you could avoid them why wouldn't you?  Want me for 5 years? Guarantee it.  If not I'm happy with three.  

Yep. Smart business decision for HIMSELF. But the really big thing with his deal is what it will do for the future of free agency. 

He better get the Vikings to the SB.  Because Keenum got them to the NFC Championship game.  

If he doesn't get them to the NFC Championship game, it's a step backwards for them as an organization.

I like their chances, they are one of the contenders, and they have a great team.  

As far as contract goes, 3 years fully guaranteed for $84 million, that's good money.  But it's not the most guaranteed money of all time, I don't believe.  Highest per-year.  Shorter deal.  I pity the Vikings having to extend him.  

Gosh, listening to Bram Weinstein on 980 now.  I’ve always found him to be a butt kiss whether it’s his employer, former employer, or the local teams.  Never ever liked him.  But my god he sounds just like some of our fans here.  But atleast he admitted that it’s personal for him which inhibits his ability to be rational.  Phew, what a donk.

Archived