Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Alex Smith Trade Thread (Details Inside)

CRobi21

10 minutes ago, bknp7 said:

Kirk an Alex are very similar. The good thing is we are not over paying Kirk for 5-6 years. We will have $ to upgrade other positions.

Not that much more money. Which we'll use to sign McGees and McClains. After having opened another hole on the roster that had been filled by a 22 year old with a tiny contract. Oh and we also lost a cheap 3rd round talent too. 

You're kidding yourself dude.

2 minutes ago, CjSuAvE22 said:

Yes so much better Andy Reid is willing to start a 2nd year rookie instead of him...Alex Smith is average and will be benched by mid season because he won’t be able to replicate what he did with Kelce Hill Conley and hunt...with what we have.

Cool. What was your plan at qb when cousins doesn't want to be here? Were you good with running Colt out there? And by the way. Smith won games without talent. He wasn't flashy but he was still winning.

1 minute ago, BurgundyBooger said:

We didn't have to trade for Alex. We're not an Alex Smith away from a SB. We could have groomed a QB under McCoy or someone cheaper, without losing a 3rd round pick, without losing Fuller.

This was a desperation move.

The irony is that, fearing no one will go to games this season, the FO managed to doom us to even more years of mediocrity and half-empty stadiums.

Welcome Alex Smith who is coming off his best season, Cousins isn't worth the huge contract he'll be getting. If the Skins stay healthy and draft well, we could have a good season next year :) Looking forward to see what Jonathan Allen can do in year 2 along Ioannidis and Lanier.

21 minutes ago, TK said:

McNugget.

RGME

And now an aging Alex Smith.

Can someone tell Booze Allen he's NOT the guy to fix the QB position via trade.

Bruce Allen is to Andy Reid what Vinny Cerrato was to Mike Shanahan.

When Bruce Allen calls Andy gets giddy and plays lets make a deal.  We used to make the same cracks about Vinny and Shanny.  Who would think we'd have round 2 of this crap.  And again losing a younger corner to an AFC West team.  Hopefully, this time the dude doesn't become a hall of famer like the other time.

ndy

Just now, #BgMase76# said:

I was ok w/ the deal and throwing in Cravens. BUT FULLER?????!!!!! WTF, I can't get behind that move. I think Breeland is gone and Dunbar moves into the starting lineup. Guess it's do or die w/ Moreau huh.

Who in their right mind would take Cravens??? This isn't Madden where the A.I. GM accepts almost any trade you give him...When you have a Moreau lying in wait, lets see what the kid can do. He, just like Fuller was a day 1 talent who fell to us due to injury.. Breeland is gone, you can sign a FA CB to fill the gap in the meantime and draft someone in 2019..

I hate that we gave up fuller though. You'd think the 3rd was enough

1 hour ago, Rdskns2000 said:

I wish him well and I really do hope he goes somewhere and is able to win a Superbowl.

Speak for yourself, I hope he has a mediocre career. Im sure he's a good guy, but he didnt want to be here. **** him, it's Redskins first (regardless of how much our FO sucks). You roll with the tank or get rolled over. .....Im not going to wish a dam Superbowl for him, only for the NFL world to point and laugh at us more than they already do. 

Complete abomination of a trade with the loss of Kendall Fuller.  I can't believe this I am honestly besides myself.  I am 25 years old and this is all I have seen from the Redskins all my life even when they were on the precipice.  I can't even imagine I will watch next year.

Of all the players?  Kendall Fuller?  Why did it have to be him?  I could have lived with the FO bungling our best QB in over 20 years for a 34 yaer old Alex Smith but this is somehow so much worse.

6 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I'm only quoting this so perhaps it sinks in to some of these folks.

This isn't about Alex Smith.  He's fine and all.

Its about getting fleeced in a trade to beat out the Browns because we had no plan for when Kirk turned the tables on Bruce.  It's about losing 2 homegrown players, one rated the best at his position with 2 years left of a rookie salary, the other who will make roughly 3-5m more per season than his 34 year old replacement and no third round pick that could have been a starter for 4 years on the cheap.

The cherry on top is giving up the last shred of leverage to get anything for the 44M investment in Cousins the past two seasons.

Again, this is assuming the Redskins are complete idiots, we don't have one of the most well respected contract negotiators on staff... And we hadn't already ruled out any chance that Kirk would actually sign here.

I’m done. Not because of this deal. I was actually ok with it. Even including Fuller maybe. But the pure classlessness of this organization and trading someone like Fuller and having him find out on Twitter? Players on Twitter early annoyed. We are a classless organization run by classless people. And this is just the most recent reminder. 

Im gonna be over rooting for the Browns until Bruce is gone. What a cancer. 

Archived