Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Alex Smith Trade Thread (Details Inside)

CRobi21

4 minutes ago, lavar1156 said:

This crap isn't final until March right? Can we still back out?

I was wondering the same thing.  I'm thinking that, barring a failed physical, which could reopen the negotiations for both the trade and contract, we might be stuck even though it's not the league year.  I'm sure the Chiefs could provide documents that prove good faith in negotiations.  

Now, onto the physical idea........we need to get the Orioles doctors to do the physical, because we know that no one passes those without them finding something. 

27 minutes ago, TheDiplomat said:

Since the deal doesn't finalize until March, can we, the fans, actually make our voices heard on Kendall Fuller? Will enough backlash change anything or at least make the FO second guess? 

I'm distraught losing Kendall, who has his entire future ahead of him, for Alex Smith, who probably won't even play the entire contract out

I bet Kendall is fuming!!!! Just saw an interview on ****ing Redskins.com with him talking about how much he loves the team and the coaching staff (with his college coach there). Now he's off to the Chiefs? Damn

32 minutes ago, DC Lumber Co. said:

No other hits lately huh? Allen, Chris Thompson, Kerrigan, Montae Nicholson, Trent Williams, Brandon Scherff (insert "but yeah but 1st round pick for a guard" reactions), Matt Ioannidis, Morgan Moses...

Don't even know if the dude is definitely the traded player or not, but honestly it's harder to find a safety (Nicholson) in the draft than it is a corner. And we don't even know what we have in Fabian Moreau yet. How is this any different than when the Packers let Casey Hayward WALK even if Fuller is the player?

Kerrigan/Williams/Scherff were first rounders. Trent and Scherff were #4 and #5 overall. 

Fuller has value ABOVE where we drafted him. First round talent that we drafted in the 3rd due to injury.

Nicholson and Allen are injured. Can't be hits if you don't play. 

8 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Or there are people like myself that are saying “yes, most likely this will turn out to be the worst trade ever and we’ll continue to suck” while at the same time choosing to be optimistic. Nothing wrong with that. Doesn’t make me or anyone else with that mindset a moron :) 

It does. But that's the optimism of youth and/or homerism and it's natural to a certain point. If there was a pool, you would have been my #1 contender to sell yourself on this deal the same night it happened, because you're optimistic like that. It'll be beaten out of you by the team or life eventually. 

But for real, the mindset you describe is not really what's happening here for most of these posters supporting the trade. They aren't acknowledging it's horrible but might work out anyways. They're deluded into thinking it's actually good and/or defensible. 

this is so awful.  we traded our best young corner and a day 2 pick for alex friggin smith, who can only do well if he has a sick run game and a smothering defense, which last time i checked we have neither.  oh and we extended him on top of his next year deal, so hes basically got a 5 year deal with us until hes 38/39.

im praying to jesus theres some mcnabb type out in his deal that we can void it after year one.  thatll be the only saving grace for this dumpster fire.  

I do not like losing Fuller. He was really coming on. Does that mean Breeland stays?

We all knew the writing was on the wall when it came to Cousins. I think it was a done deal last year when he refused to negotiate. Not really excited about Smith just because of his age, but he's a solid West Coast guy. I do think he's a downgrade from Kirk, but he is a legit player... for now.

2 minutes ago, DC Lumber Co. said:

Again, this is assuming the Redskins are complete idiots, we don't have one of the most well respected contract negotiators on staff... And we hadn't already ruled out any chance that Kirk would actually sign here.

There is no need to assume anything.  

There is roughly 8 years of a 40% win rate and a novel of failures that led to it.

Folks who were previously just like you, digging deep to find reasons why Brice doesn't suck, have thrown in the towel after this debacle.  

9 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

@DC Lumber Co. Honestly, I'm not patronizing you.  I'm literally curious if this team has ever made a move that you didn't buy into?  

How many of those have worked out and why is this one different?  

Plenty actually. Haynesworth, McNabb, any Vinny cerrato era move actually. I'm just not as cynical as most when it comes to the possibility the current coach and FO has slowly been building a solid young core and weeding out locker room leaks and cancers since taking office.

Just now, Burgold said:

I do not like losing Fuller. He was really coming on. Does that mean Breeland stays?

We all knew the writing was on the wall when it came to Cousins. I think it was a done deal last year when he refused to negotiate. Not really excited about Smith just because of his age, but he's a solid West Coast guy. I do think he's a downgrade from Kirk, but he is a legit player... for now.

signing 34 year olds to 5 year deals is vinny cerrato style.  just when we thought we were done with this, we jump right back in the water.  bruce did this nonsense with mcnabb in 2010, and hes right back doing it 8 years later.

andy reid must be dying laughing at how stupid we are.

8 minutes ago, 98ORAKPO98 said:

If the Skins stay healthy and draft well

We tried that.  Didn't like the taste of it apparently.

This is the problem the team has, these moves COULD work out if the team could draft worth a damn.  But our talent evaluation department does not fill me with confidence.  Simply put, if you are decent at evaluating talent you know Fuller is a gem and you wouldn't get rid of him so flippantly.

1 minute ago, LetMeSeeYourWarFace21 said:

Speak for yourself, I hope he has a mediocre career. Im sure he's a good guy, but he didnt want to be here. **** him, it's Redskins first (regardless of how much our FO sucks). You roll with the tank or get rolled over. .....Im not going to wish a dam Superbowl for him, only for the NFL world to point and laugh at us more than they already do. 

To each his own.

I want him to win a Superbowl. Hell, multiple Superbowls.   To see a player we drafted at the most important position in the game; go on elsewhere and win a title. That would be priceless. Somehow, we couldn't achieve a deal with the QB we drafted. We then got to the point where it was to expensive to sign him and he goes elsewhere and wins?  That will fracture some of the fanbase from Snyder forever.  I don't blame Cousins for not wanting to be here. I don't blame him for using the leverage he had.  Like he said in yesterday interview; time will tell if what he did is successful for him or not.  If it is, Cousins will have been pioneer that other players will follow. 

I have no confidence in Bruce/Doug to build a team where Alex could even talk about sniffing a championship. I have no confidence in Jay being able to coach our new QB to a record any better than he did with Kirk. I also, have no confidence in this team finding that QB to groom either.

3 minutes ago, Garcon More Wine said:

this is so awful.  we traded our best young corner and a day 2 pick for alex friggin smith, who can only do well if he has a sick run game and a smothering defense, which last time i checked we have neither.  oh and we extended him on top of his next year deal, so hes basically got a 5 year deal with us until hes 38/39.

im praying to jesus theres some mcnabb type out in his deal that we can void it after year one.  thatll be the only saving grace for this dumpster fire.  

Not with $71 million guaranteed, thats going to take him through the third year of the deal.  

Bruce Allen is a bum trading fuller is the dumbest move didn’t we get burned by fat man reed before with a ageing QB Kirk is the best qb we had in 20+ years and trading a young CB that can play on a cheap contact for Alex Smith is a joke all to save 4-5 mil per year I really hope this don’t work out so we can fire Allen’s Bum a**

Archived