Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Alex Smith Trade Thread (Details Inside)

CRobi21

People's fascination and relief with the Cousins stuff being "finally over" is so odd. 

I guess people will put up with anything if the last problem that bothered them is pushed out of sight/out of mind by the next problem. Until that one becomes their focus. 

Not to mention that if you really think the Cousins stuff is "finally over", you're naive. We will be linked to the rest of Cousins' career, forever. We will hear about him and his performance, especially in relation to our performance, every week. We will read about it. We will hear the color guys talk about it during every broadcast. We will read tweets about it. It will make the post-RG3 drama that lasted years look like nothing. This is not over, especially now that we've been fleeced. 

4 minutes ago, Alcoholic Zebra said:

So that means we can't do much of anything in free agency.  We have more cap room, but can't use it.

We have a TON of free agents this year. And will lose a lot of them. The compensatory picks are figured on the salary of the lost player and playing time. Cousins is going to be the most expensive free agent in NFL history most likely. We will get the pick

Hey ladies and gents. Nice to see some familiar faces.

Ok. I know I have not been around at all since we didn't give Kirk a LTD back in what...May or something. And.....I really didn't watch any games this year. But I saw this literally on youtube and was like "what kind of bull**** is this?" Because, there is like no WAY we are THIS stupid, right. So, I logged on for the first time in like 9 months to squash that dopey rumor.

Boy, was I wrong. Again. At least I'm not invested like I used to be. A 34 year old game manager that this team might wing 5 games with. For 23 mill a season? Smells like a Vinny move. And that does nothing but stink. Oh well, back to what I was doing. Sorry fans have to go through this.

Vinny1.png

7 minutes ago, DC Lumber Co. said:

This is pure ignorance. Unfortunately in the real world stadiums are built with money, not fanbase approval points.

Dan Snyder wants a taxpayer funded stadium. That isn't happening.  D.C. will not build him a stadium. Maryland will not build him a stadium. VA isn't going to build him a stadium.

Dan wants a new stadium, he will have build it himself or move to desperate city that might be stupid to build him one.

3 minutes ago, CjSuAvE22 said:

I bet Fuller was expendable in Allen’s eyes due to him being a mccloughn pic, this ego maniac of a foooool can leave once we go 4-12 this coming season.

As much as I would like to believe that narrative, Allen acquired a McCloughan pick in this deal as well.  

1 minute ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

People's fascination and relief with the Cousins stuff being "finally over" is so odd. 

I guess people will put up with anything if the last problem that bothered them is pushed out of sight/out of mind by the next problem. Until that one becomes their focus. 

Not to mention that if you really think the Cousins stuff is "finally over", you're naive. We will be linked to the rest of Cousins' career, forever. We will hear about him and his performance, especially in relation to our performance, every week. We will read about it. We will hear the color guys talk about it during every broadcast. We will read tweets about it. It will make the post-RG3 drama that lasted years look like nothing. This is not over, especially now that we've been fleeced. 

Once RG3 was out of town, there was no drama tied to us. He got injured, and it turned into "lol browns" and ended his career. Cousins will last longer, yes, but focusing just on Cousins.... I still feel like Cousins is Alex Smith tier but with higher ceiling that he may or may not reach. With us, probably not. Where he goes, who knows. But more than anything, I've been ambivalent about Cousins the player and annoyed with Cousins the contract story. Losing the contract is okay with me. Losing Fuller, not okay.

I can just picture Dan and Bruce right now..

Oh no Bruce the fans are not over joyed with our trade, I think they liked the talent Fuller brings to the table.  What are we going to do?

Don't worry Dan there is a CB hitting the market that I have my eye on.  The fans love big name signings.

4 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Maybe next year, but after that it will die down unless Kirk wins a Superbowl.  Kirk does that and the Skins are stuck in mediocre or worse; then the talk will never cease until Kirk has retired.

I think many of us know that Kirk has better chance of winning a Superbowl in the next 5 years than Alex Smith does here, if he plays his entire contract. 

2 minutes ago, ThomasTomasz said:

As much as I would like to believe that narrative, Allen acquired a McCloughan pick in this deal as well.  

Wait...we ****ed ourselves over to get a guy Scot drafted, one year after firing Scot for allegedly being incompetent and unprofessional?

WOW/

6 minutes ago, Garcon More Wine said:

supposedly the extension starts after his 2018 year contract.  we tacked on the 71 guaranteed after his 2018 salary.  unless im wrong (which jesus christ i hope i am)

Either way, it won't be available for some time until the new league here begins.  No one has had a look at Dunbar's contract yet either.  

Now, what I could see happen is that we roll his base salary this year into guaranteed money to get to work early on the $71 million.  There is nothing against doing that, and something we've done in the past when Cerrato constantly renegotiated contracts.  

I would love to believe that, at the very least, Schaeffer and the rest of the cap guys, who are the lone bright spot in the front office, didn't mess this up as well, but I have my doubts at the moment. 

2 minutes ago, lavar1156 said:

Fuller is everything we've been preaching about. Building through the draft. I wish he wasn't a rising star so I wouldn't feel so crappy. Smith better be damn good.

It was all a hoax we are the same old redskins we were duped yet again. 

How could they not have at least gotten a mid to late round draft pick in addition? If the Chiefs wanted Fuller so bad they should have been made to give up something. This whole thing is disgusting! I have been a Redskins fan for over 50 years,don’t know if I have never been this disheartened with a front office move.Not only did they get fleeced by KC, they apparently got fleeced by Smith’s agent.

3 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

We have a TON of free agents this year. And will lose a lot of them. The compensatory picks are figured on the salary of the lost player and playing time. Cousins is going to be the most expensive free agent in NFL history most likely. We will get the pick

The rule is the compensatory picks start at the end of the 3rd round. 

We're gonna get a 3rd for losing Cousins.. So trading our original pick to KC is basically gravy, we're just losing the additional 3rd round pick. You basically just traded Fuller for Smith...

I'm starting to feel a little better..

Archived