Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Alex Smith Trade Thread (Details Inside)

CRobi21

another example of "we'll show em who's in charge round these parts"

summation, this team just used the franchise tag....twice....to prove to a guy that he WASNT our franchise quarterback. then out of spite traded for an older version of the same dude,  without a huge savings....out of spite....and it cost them the best young DB draftee in an age AND a pick to do so....

so where does the "game manager needs a beast defense to win in the playoffs" come into play in this scenario?

the next move is bruce telling dan "part 2.3 of this formula is to sign a replacement CB with a big name that everyone will recognize"....

guess who that will be.

4 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

It’s time for this fan base to heal.  The RG3/Kirk/Shanny chapter is finally closed.

I apologize to all fellow ESers I’ve rubbed the wrong way vis a vis this soap opera.

I wish Kirk well.  I’ll be pulling for him.

Hail.

No it's not over.  Bruce Allen is still here.  Still ****ing us over.

Just now, SkinsHokieFan said:

I am just incredibly frustrated with the Fuller part of this trade. It is so incredibly stupid I can't get over it. 

I can't wrap my head around it either. I've been relatively lenient in regards to the Front Office recently, but..... that grace period is over. this entire transaction makes no sense. None. Its so ****ing baffling.

1 minute ago, onedrop said:

another example of "we'll show em who's in charge round these parts"

summation, this team just used the franchise tag....twice....to prove to a guy that he WASNT our franchise quarterback. then out of spite traded for an older version of the same dude,  without a huge savings....out of spite....and it cost them the best young DB draftee in an age AND a pick to do so....

so where does the "game manager needs a beast defense to win in the playoffs" come into play in this scenario?

the next move is bruce telling dan "part 2.3 of this formula is to sign a replacement CB with a big name that everyone will recognize"....

guess who that will be.

We all know what time it is.

1 minute ago, bknp7 said:

Kirk an Alex are very similar. The good thing is we are not over paying Kirk for 5-6 years. We will have $ to upgrade other positions.

We are saving only 4 million in cap space....thats enough to cover the replacement we will need for Fuller being traded as well. And no you are wrong kirk and smith are not very similar Kirk can play with 0 running game and Hardly any talent at receiver, Smith will be benched by week 7 of this year if not sooner with the same cast. 

If the Skins transition tag Cousins now and trade him to Cleveland, does the tag transfer? Could Cleveland match offers and keep him long term?

Because if they could, they should. 

I don’t think the tag transfers, but if it does, DC could get some serious value on Kirk now. 

1 minute ago, bknp7 said:

Kirk an Alex are very similar. The good thing is we are not over paying Kirk for 5-6 years. We will have $ to upgrade other positions.

Yea all the money we are going to save can now get spent to replace Fuller with someone else's cast off

This move has me completely okay with not getting anything for Kirk if we just let him ****ing walk. But blowing up the team isn't the way to go for Alex Smith. He's not worth it. He IS NOT WORTH IT. 

Bruce Allen just got owned by the Browns by allowing them to leverage him into giving up Fuller. Who's going to sign Kirk? Probably Cleveland.

Why not just keep all of our players and picks and pursue Teddy Bridgewater, Sam Bradford, or Case Keenum depending on who becomes an FA? Why in the hell are we paying Smith $24,000,000? This is an absolute JOKE.

10 minutes ago, DC Lumber Co. said:

Because it's certainly not possible that in the age of social media it wasn't humanly possible to notify the player quick enough?

Anything to fuel the fires of the same old Redskins Circus angle I suppose. 

Yes it was certainly possible to tell the player or his agent before it was leaked to the media. Or within the first half hour or hour after it was leaked. Or first two hours maybe, that would have been good. 

Don't do this to yourself. You are choosing the wrong hill to die on and looking like a fool while you do it. 

3 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

So the logic for not signing Kirk is that it would hamstring our ability to build the rest of the roster. Okay. 

So we trade a cheap 3rd round rookie contract and a good, cheap 22 year old CB for a QB who we are paying only $5-6M less....at 34. 

Anyone talking themselves into this deal after the info about Fuller came out is a ****ing moron and deserves what this team is doing. 

It stopped making sense once it came out Smith's contract was 23.5 million a year.  Kirk would have to get 30+ to make it worth it.

Adding in Fuller is just...baffling.  I have a feeling the coaches were also not informed of these decisions.

My first reaction  was that getting Smith was a smart move since he gives you 90% of Kirk, while being cheaper. Kirk was never going to come back so you had to move on. I thought a third wasn't too bad a price. 

Then I read we gave him 24 per, and 70 million (!) guaranteed. 

Then I read we just threw in our young, cheap, stud corner who is starter quality and has a hell of a future ahead of him. Just for ****s and giggles. 

Oh, and this is for a player in Smith that the Chiefs really want to get rid of and have absolutely no leverage with. 

Bruce Allen and Snyder are a bunch of ****ing morons. Just inept in every ****ing way. They should be strung up by their goddamn heels. 

The only hope we have left is that since this signing won't be official for a while, the retards in charge will take their medication, come to their senses, and at least take Fuller off the table. 

Christ almighty. 

5 minutes ago, TK said:
Scot MccloughanVerified account @MccloughanScot
FollowingFollowing @MccloughanScot
More

Scot Mccloughan Retweeted Adam Schefter

I would have never traded Kendall. He can play inside & outside, he's high character, young & a football player

Maybe Moreau steps up this year. You can always get another corner in free agency..

Please explain to me how we replace a QB with one of the exact same caliber while subsequently ending the drama that surrounded the previous one... And lose one other player (as if he is the only talented young one we have) equals 4-12 next year?

Especially if said QB gives us 2 or 3 years to draft and groom his replacement? 

1 minute ago, BurgundyBooger said:

FYI: Bruce is a key piece to the new stadium efforts. He's not going anywhere any time soon.

He can go in the foundation when they pour it but then that one would be cursed....

Archived