Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Alex Smith Trade Thread (Details Inside)

CRobi21

2 minutes ago, DC Lumber Co. said:

2. We don't know the structure of the contract yet and if Bruce has done anything right it has been his conviction on not inking any deals that strap the rest of the roster. We very well could be able to exit the contract after two years... We all should know by now big numbers mean nothing really with NFL contracts. 

I was hoping the same, but with $70 million guaranteed? It's not quite an albatross, but it's close.

And losing Fuller is inexcusable.

Does Alex Smith lead us to the Superbowl?   

Does Kirk Cousins lead his new team to a Superbowl?

Anyone really think Bruce and Co. is going to do anything different in the Alex Smith era?

Are the Skins going to be the 3rd or 4th best team in the NFC EAST or is Alex going to rule east?

Alex will not lead us to the Superbowl.  If Kirk goes to the right team, he will lead them to a Superbowl.

I really don't expect anything different under the Alex Smith era.  If he plays the entire contract, maybe we make the playoffs once or twice.

Alex won't do under Gruden though, I expect Gruden to be gone after our losing season in 2018. Alex will not rule the East.

Obviously the word is out, they like a couple of QB's and were going for one in the 1st round.. I did call that we were going QB and I didn't see Kirk coming back. I mean you sacrifice a 3rd this year and I guess really begin the rebuilding process the following season.. So 2018 is probably gonna be a wash of a year in the hopes of long term success. 

i mean I guess we wait and see what happens. At the cost of Fuller though... Ugh... Hope Moreau can fill his shoes.. Now we get to watch Alex Smith pass up a wide open Dotcson on a long out route because he doesn't wanna make a mistake and checks it down to Davis..

1 minute ago, lavar1156 said:

Still cannot fathom the idea of Fuller. We can't be that dumb.

Not only did the ESPN breaking news article confirm it, but apparently Fuller was the key piece that made the deal possible.  They view him as a starter, and obviously a cheap, controllable corner at that.  So I get the interest from them, but we are dumb to give him up.  Even worse, we let the dude figure out on Twitter he was traded.  This is such a badly run organization it's not funny anymore when you venture into messing with people's lives like that.  

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

So we got 4 years older at QB, we are out a third round pick (maybe get it back in 2018) and lost arguably our best young defender.   I am excited! :(

And worse at QB, not just older.  To save a marginal amount of money per year.  This is indefensible.  The more information that emerges, the worse it looks.

unless there's some career ending injury to fuller that's unexposed, this is the worse move possible. I'm going to wait until it unfolds, but i was meh on Smith, but i love fuller. we could have had a dozen other qbs I'd we kept our studs on d. 

Eff it. In checking out of the draft, training camp and next season all together. 

Archived