Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Alex Smith Trade Thread (Details Inside)

CRobi21

More unlikely than a super bowl win is having our fan base not have a knee jerk reaction to any and all moves made by the team that equal = " Oh my God (insert current GMs name) is terrible/our GM is just another Snyder puppet/blow everything up fire everybody & trade anything worth value for draft picks/we're doomed/I give up on this team"

Everyone take a damn breath.

1. You can't moan about us not re-signing Kirk because he wants too much money, then also get sticker shock for us paying current market value for another. And we didn't trade for Johnny Manziel, give up a 1st/2nd rounder, and the equivalent of a Champ Bailey.

2. We don't know the structure of the contract yet and if Bruce has done anything right it has been his conviction on not inking any deals that strap the rest of the roster. We very well could be able to exit the contract after two years... We all should know by now big numbers mean nothing really with NFL contracts. 

3. Alex smith is in exactly the same tier as Kirk. You literally can't argue that. He's older, sure. But it was a 3rd rounder and an UNKNOWN player for a 3 time pro bowl QB, and immediately put the QB drama to bed. After the initial shock, everyone will settle down and the locker room will probably be better off not having to deal with the constant Kirk Cousins debacle. 

While everyone else sees it as same old Redskins... I see what looks like Snyder finally giving us stability at the HC position for the first time ever and not being knee jerk like the fanbase is and firing him after a down year riddled by injuries. In the past couple years I've seen us build a young core of homegrown draft picks and acquisition of free agents that have local ties while not over paying them. The outlier to the rock solid locker room Jay Gruden has done one hell of a job in building was Kirk Cousins. 

At face value without knowing the exact details of the trade, it honestly seems like a move in the best interest of the TEAM. You cant build a winner paying the amount Kirk was holding us hostage for. Aaron Rodgers should have more rings than he does. So should Drew Brees. Just look at the playoffs this year. Complete teams put you in contention more often than not. Especially those of which have great defenses. 

3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Kendall Fuller is indeed the player that the Redskins are sending to Chiefs along with the third-round pick. Chiefs fleece Skins. Fuller is the second-best CB on the team behind Josh Norman.

6 replies5 retweets1 like

Disgusting. 

You know what, I'm glad the team wasn't able to hide behind FA and the draft to get fans excited again. They crashed the car early in the offseason and fans should be pissed off heading into a lost year helmed by an old QB and a soon-to-be fired HC. Jay will gladly take that Bengals job next offseason though.

Archived