Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Alex Smith Trade Thread (Details Inside)

CRobi21

2 minutes ago, PortisBetts said:

This showcases some extremely high levels of dysfunction.  the redskins just got worse on both offense and defense and lost a draft pick all in one move. 

And look more unprofessional than usual as the player is on Twitter openly unaware he's been traded. A debacle all around 

I'm not at all upset by getting Alex Smith.  Was never a big 'Cousin's guy' and a lot of his yardage was inflated and with the way the rules are, 4000 doesn't mean what it used to.  Smith has more mobility and is better in the red zone.  Kirk did not want to be here, I always felt that was obvious.  He'll get a huge deal somewhere and probably get his 30 million is my guess.  Hopefully we can snag a great target for Smith with that bit of savings so I am looking forward to seeing how that pans out.  More moves to make.  

Fuller is a loss for sure but that can be made up.  Of course this all depends on the FO making those five-seven solid moves...  yup...  LOL   I'll try to stay positive.  I am good with Smith and at least it isn't McCoy going into next year.  I think most here (80%)  were on the Kirk is a star bandwagon,  I just never saw that at all.  Glad we still have a solid QB.  34 isn't really that old for a QB anymore, the game is far different now.  

Going to miss Ron Pitts thinking about Kendall Jenner when Fuller made a play though.  HAHA    It is a bad when the dude didn't even know he was getting traded though.  This FO is messy to say the least.  

3 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

We gave up Fuller because he was a McCloughan pick.  You can bet your ass that Bruce wouldn't be trading him away if it was his guy.

Honestly, I wasn't even surprised by this trade.  I've come to expect the running clown show to constantly try to out-do itself year after year.

Alex Smith was also a Scot pick so....

1 minute ago, Audible_Red40 said:

Lol @ all you guys who say you're done watching if Fuller is the player.

C'mon man 

For me, it's way more of him finding out on Twitter than anything else.  Between SM, the entire debacle with Cousins and now this, Bruce Allen can't handle HR-type personnel issues, much less how to build and operate a football team.  

2 hours ago, Roger.Staubach said:

Saw that.  Wow!  Mistake, I think but still a really good QB.  Curious about the price.

I’m almost to the point now I’d take anyone to make the seemingly daily Kirk Cousins stories stop. And Alex is much better than just anyone. 

That said, we know better than anyone when Andy Reid has two QBs, he doesn’t trade away the better one...

1 minute ago, Audible_Red40 said:

Lol @ all you guys who say you're done watching if Fuller is the player.

C'mon man 

Ditching Kirk for Alex = I am ambivalent. Ditching Kirk + 3rd rounder for Alex = Greasing the wheels on a trade I am ambivalent about. Ditching Kirk + 3rd rounder + 2ND BEST CB BEHIND NORMAN, AND PLAYED BETTER THAN NORMAN = I WANT TO CRY

6 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

And worse at QB, not just older.  To save a marginal amount of money per year.  This is indefensible.  The more information that emerges, the worse it looks.

Hey Pal, you embrace Chief Checkdown with the rest of us.. Obviously we're looking at QB with the 1st pick and Smith is going to tutor him.. But ugh Alex Smith, instilling the art of the checkdown to our future QB... Ugh

5 minutes ago, Mooka said:

We really traded Fuller?

****.... was dead wrong on that one. Thought it was going to be insignificant. 

Fuller's one of our few hits on draft day. 

...  balls. 

No other hits lately huh? Allen, Chris Thompson, Kerrigan, Montae Nicholson, Trent Williams, Brandon Scherff (insert "but yeah but 1st round pick for a guard" reactions), Matt Ioannidis, Morgan Moses...

Don't even know if the dude is definitely the traded player or not, but honestly it's harder to find a safety (Nicholson) in the draft than it is a corner. And we don't even know what we have in Fabian Moreau yet. How is this any different than when the Packers let Casey Hayward WALK even if Fuller is the player?

Not strapping ourselves to Kirk gives us the ability to sign and replace players we wouldn't have had the resources for otherwise. Breeland is now an option to bring back.

So long as we don't fire Gruden, I'm willing to wait this one out and see where the chips fall. I don't have any team that signs Cousins to what he's asking for being able to build a roster around that salary.

For all we know he goes to Cleveland for career suicide and the Redskins look a lot more well-thought on than any of you are giving credit for.

1. I cannot believe the #Redskins traded a 22 year-old cornerback coming off a breakthrough season as a throw-in.

26 replies53 retweets81 likes

2.  Chris Russell and Prince Angelo liked

Kendall Fuller is now telling his teammates that he is headed to the Chiefs in the Alex Smith deal. He was one of the last people to find out. #Redskins

3 minutes ago, mudpig said:

I'm not at all upset by getting Alex Smith.  Was never a big 'Cousin's guy' and a lot of his yardage was inflated and with the way the rules are, 4000 doesn't mean what it used to.  Smith has more mobility and is better in the red zone.  Kirk did not want to be here, I always felt that was obvious.  He'll get a huge deal somewhere and probably get his 30 million is my guess.  Hopefully we can snag a great target for Smith with that bit of savings so I am looking forward to seeing how that pans out.  More moves to make.  

Fuller is a loss for sure but that can be made up.  Of course this all depends on the FO making those five-seven solid moves...  yup...  LOL   I'll try to stay positive.  I am good with Smith and at least it isn't McCoy going into next year.  I think most here (80%)  were on the Kirk is a star bandwagon,  I just never saw that at all.  Glad we still have a solid QB.  34 isn't really that old for a QB anymore, the game is far different now.  

Going to miss Ron Pitts thinking about Kendall Jenner when Fuller made a play though.  HAHA    It is a bad when the dude didn't even know he was getting traded though.  This FO is messy to say the least.  

I’m sorry but are you being serious??

1 hour ago, NoCalMike said:

Ok so question.  The trade for Alex Smith has nothing to do with Kirk Cousins, so in theory can't the front office still transition tag Cousins in order to force some kind of compensation for Cousins?

Exactly. You just saved $11 million.  

3 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

It’s a panic move by people trying to hang on to their jobs. I mean it has to be. Otherwise they are just that ****ing stupid 

It absolutely is. I'll be rooting for a new GM to hire someone like Toub in 2019, and then draft a QB with our top 5 pick. If I'm still rooting at all. 

But things would never work out that well for us. 

Archived