Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Alex Smith Trade Thread (Details Inside)

CRobi21

So we've paid for 3 years of guaranteed Alex Smith (!!!!)...what are the odds that we get anything back for him going into year 4? Even a ham sammich? Because hopefully we have someone behind him that's ready to go by then. 

Honestly, with his injury history and tendency to scramble, I would be surprised if he completed two full seasons, especially at his age.

Scot tweet. Right on queue...........

Maybe the team is confident that Holsey will progress well. I remember Fuller having ups and downs his rookie year before taking a big step this past year.

Can't say that for Holsey this past year (his rookie year), though I checked out around the halfway mark.

2 minutes ago, DC Lumber Co. said:

Because it's certainly not possible that in the age of social media it wasn't humanly possible to notify the player quick enough?

Anything to fuel the fires of the same old Redskins Circus angle I suppose. 

We just had RG3's career dangled in front of our faces, only to have a competent QB come in and show us an air raid we haven't seen in this franchises history be replaced by an aging check down machine, for a draft pick and a stud CB and missing our on Kirk. There is no "old" only the same present existence. 

1 minute ago, Playaction2Sanders said:

Washington did stick it to the rest of the league though who are looking at Cousins. If Smith is getting 71 million guaranteed, imagine what they're going to have to pay for Kirk..

Or of course that team could find a way to sign him for less guaranteed and just stick it to us, which I doubt would happen..

The teams that are interested in him have TONS of cap room. If anything the Browns just ****ed us upside down by making us thrown Fuller to the Chiefs so they can secure Cousins in FA.

3 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

The worst part is that having no sound organizational structure lets these idiots ruin this roster for the next inevitable regime, in an impossible quest to short-sightedly save their own jobs for one more year. It's a horror show. Allen is ruining what little good is on this roster on his way out the door in 2018 or 2019 when we inevitably go 4-12. 

Or he'll still be here because he's an unkillable ****roach fiend. 

That's the  frustrating thing. One of the few things I was happy about was we started to seem to have some youth. We had Fuller and Morneau as our potential future replacements for Bash and Norman. But who needs young cheap starting quality guys, we need "lower" priced QBs so we can have money to get older high priced starting quality guys. Fml

2 minutes ago, DC Lumber Co. said:

Because it's certainly not possible that in the age of social media it wasn't humanly possible to notify the player quick enough?

Adam Schefter should not know before him.  

But him not knowing is small potatoes to the fact that they actually had the audacity to trade him.

You have to dig deep into the pile of burgundy and gold colored manure to find a reason to defend the FO tonight.  There are dudes who were singing Bruce's praises for the world to hear just the other day talking about they are now checked out.

Of I was Kendall, I’d be ecstatic.  Much better situation for him.

Bruce and Jay have no excuses now.  (They didn’t really before either, but wherever.)

Trading Fulller was just incredibly stupid, but they didn’t want to start over with a rookie, and probably didn’t know if they could get Bridgewater/Keenum, whoever, so they had to trade for a guy. 

They compounded stupid with stupid.

That said, they can make good moves to have a competitive team IF they are smart with their dollars. 

However if thry honestly think they can line up with the same team with Smith instead of Cousins and win 3-4 more games, they’re wrong. 

They need to go out and be aggressive in FA.  MUCH better skill position players.  Better pass rush.  Etc.

if they’re aggressive, we could get back to 8-8.  If not, probably 6-10.

Thats where we are.

8 minutes ago, Morrison J said:

Honestly, anyone trying to even be positive about this is part of the problem. 

Without a backlash nothing is going to ever change is it? 

Yeah the pitchforks when GMSM was fired worked great. Or the countless online petitions or calls for other fans to stop going to games. Give me a break.

Personally I live In reality and laugh at people that picket for the release of Obama's birth certificate or the impeachment of Trump.

The XFL is returning for anyone that isn't bluffing for the millionth time when they say "I'm done with the Redskins"

6 minutes ago, DC Lumber Co. said:

Thats bull****. At the least, that should be the 1st phone call you make after you hang up with the Chiefs. 

It was like 2 hours and Kendall still hadnt been told 

I'm out of here for a while, guys. This franchise has sucked the fan hood out of me. I used to be active and pumped, even during mock draft season. It's finally come to me that this team will never, ever be a contender as long as Dan Snyder as at the top of this organization. That man is a cancer. I wish all of you the best, the passion in the Skins fan base is unmatched. It's sad one man has ruined mine

So the logic for not signing Kirk is that it would hamstring our ability to build the rest of the roster. Okay. 

So we trade a cheap 3rd round rookie contract and a good, cheap 22 year old CB for a QB who we are paying only $5-6M less....at 34. 

Anyone talking themselves into this deal after the info about Fuller came out is a ****ing moron and deserves what this team is doing. 

15 minutes ago, CjSuAvE22 said:

I’m sorry but are you being serious??

Yeah, I don't think Cousins wanted to be here.  No one here would be happy outside of Aaron Rodgers coming here I guess.  Fuller is a bit much, but I don't run the team.  If I did I wouldn't have Cousins here though.  Thats like Stafford,  years of 8-8.  No thanks.  

I'd rather the fanbase just not show up and Snyder would move the team and we get a new team after a year off.  But it aint happening, so I am hoping for the best.  I don't put that much energy into them anymore.  Doesn't put money in my pocket, nor take any.  No merch  

Archived