Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Alex Smith Trade Thread (Details Inside)

CRobi21

1 minute ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Smith's ability and desire to go downfield has been underrated, yes. But Tyreek Hill is a ****ing marvel and better than Desean ever was...so this won't necessarily translate here unless we draft someone like that. 

You serious???

I adjust my position after thinking on it a bit more.  I am mad that they made this move so early in the process.  I won't be happy with this trade, period.  Even though I think Alex Smith is good enough to keep us competitive (definitely not better than Kirk)...this was too early to make this sort of move.  Alex Smith isn't someone that is worth making a move like this for at this point in the off season.

Hopefully Fuller confirmed it wasn't him and isn't just guessing.

If we gave up a 3rd and Fuller for an aging "okay but definitely not franchise level" Quarterback, that we then sign for $70 mil guaranteed over 4 years, Bruce Allen needs to be ran out of Ashburn with pitchforks and torches.

Other than Su'a, there's not a guy on a rookie contract (that I can see a team wanting) that I'd be willing to part way with in this.

Just now, xxprodigyxx said:

I adjust my position after thinking on it a bit more.  I am mad that they made this move so early in the process.  I won't be happy with this trade, period.  Even though I think Alex Smith is good enough to keep us competitive (definitely not better than Kirk)...this was too early to make this sort of move.  Alex Smith isn't someone that is worth making a move like this for at this point in the off season.

Sounds like the Chiefs did not want to wait and had other bidders so it was now or never.  Timing is everything and one of the few good parts to this deal is the QB issue is put to bed well before FA and the draft and we can plan a strategy for the roster and not just spend the next few months figuring out if we have a guy to throw the ball or not. 

33 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I would say of Dan and Bruce thought this would reinvigorate the fan base, they miscalculated...

If the fans thought Bruce and Dan could actually build a team, then the trade wouldn't be so troubling.  

The fact we gave Alex a 4 year extension and 70 million guarantee; means we have pinned out future on him.

Alex just got traded to an inferior team.  He went from a good coach to a mediocre coach.  He came to a team

that is incapable of building a quality team.

I wonder why the Chiefs decided to do this deal, so early?  

8 minutes ago, Rocky52Mc said:

You can't be serious trying to pass Smith's 2017 stats as something permanent or that he'll be bringing with him to Washington?

Really? Those stats and his pro-bowl year have everything to do with Reid's system and the players involved in that attack, not him. 

#1 NFL offense in rush yards per attempt, #17th in passes attempted. 

Give Smith our offensive line and running attack and watch the magic unfold lol

Yeah I’m serious. It’s his most recent performance - so given the right support and circumstances he can and will throw deep. But I agree we have to give him that supporting cast. That applies to just about every QB.

Look I’m not saying Smith is Joe Montana - but he’s a good QB. Great fit for what Gruden does IMO.

Archived