Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Alex Smith Trade Thread (Details Inside)

CRobi21

15 minutes ago, Rocky52Mc said:

Captain Checkdown comes to Washington. Can't wait to see noodle arm in action.

I'm against this move as much as anybody. 

But this is just an inaccurate and seriously outdated description of Alex Smith. Unfortunately, we don't have Tyreek Hill, Reed is always hurt as our seam-stretcher, and we don't have a running game to set up PA...so it might be hard to tell how wrong you are. 

5 minutes ago, Drastik said:

I think Kirk didn't want to be here. It's clear the Redskins were comfortable paying Kirk 25mil/year... He wanted more, or he didnt want to be here.

Can't force a guy to play somewhere he doesnt want to be. For Kirk, I think him staying here would have been the best move for him... he won't be as good in other offensive systems.

If that is the case, I'm angry at the FO for making a homegrown franchise QB not want to be here.  We got our freak home run in the 4th round. We ain't getting another one. And they screwed it up so bad he doesn't want to be here.  I don't think they were comfortable paying him 25 a year or it would have been done quite a while ago. Paying Smith this much is a desperate attempt to lube up the fans. They think bringing him in will look good, make it ok. 

1 minute ago, NoCalMike said:

So with the news there seem to be two camps of fans developing:

Camp #1) it's obvious Kirk wanted to leave.  They either had to tag him, trans-tag & match, or let him walk.  

Camp #2) The front office just simply didn't want to pay Kirk.  

I think the truth is somewhere in the middle.  

No.  There's Camp #3:  We ****ed this up in 2015 and 2016 by not signing something long-term.

And seriously, this is SOBER Bruce Allen?  I'll take a drunk GMSM over this prick EVERY day out of the year.

1 minute ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Might this be the best possible solution to a self induced stupid problem? Maybe. 

Possibly but I don’t see what the point of handing him $70mil guaranteed. It’s a slap in the face to the fans when they wouldn’t even offer Kirk that much last offseason. 

Alex Smith stopgap, I can see the logic behind it. Alex smith for $70mil guaranteed at 34yrs old? They lost me

25 minutes ago, lavar1156 said:

Some of you guys need to get a grip. For all we know this is a 2 year deal with a team option for the final two. The guaranteed 70 mil could be paid in the first two years and then we can get out of it we want. 

Wait... so pay him 35 mil a year?  

Archived