Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Alex Smith Trade Thread (Details Inside)

CRobi21

9 minutes ago, DC Lumber Co. said:

1. Yeah because we've traded up anytime recently. And haven't actually gotten rid of every locker room problem/distraction. The latest being cousins himself.

2. Alex Smith is actually the only player recently we've given up picks or assets for. Unfortunately it was the cost of getting stability at QB but giving up draft picks and trading up in the draft is far from our M.O. lately. Quite the opposite actually.

3. Will be replaced with a compensatory 3rd rounder and don't get the joke on bama defenders. Short memory because we took two great ones in the most recent draft you can remember (last year's) maybe?

4. Unlikely, we already showed up blocking TE with the excellent selection of Jeremy sprinkle. 

5-7ths are crapshoots to begin with but have actually done better than most in those rounds as of late as well.

These Redskins stereotypes are stale and old and people need to think for themselves instead of going with the herd on team opinion. News flash, the media is always gonna bag on the skins. The majority of the aging fanbase who witnessed the SB era teams are cynical as well.

Oh boy.

Friend, the team hasn't changed a bit. The stereotypes are alive and well. This is McNabb all over again, except we're all nearly a decade older and nothing has changed. That's the worst part. McCloughan is gone and there's no reason to be hopeful that the same crew that's been screwing us in this century and the end of the last one would learn from their mistakes now. After all, they just made an egregious one.

If this works out all y'all will come back lmao.

Smith is good, we have the $ to go build an elite D, losing Fuller is painful but the FO did what it perceived it had to in order to get their guy and losing a slot corner is not the end of the world (especially when we have good depth at CB assuming Bree is back).

If we re-sign Brown, sign Bennie Logan or Sheldon Richardson, draft well, and stay healthy next year then we'll be right in the mix. This thread is just the herd conditioned to act like we're the Browns no matter what decision is made.

5 minutes ago, CjSuAvE22 said:

I couldn’t see why anyone would wanna play for this team that’s any good...play we’ll and get traded or offered a contract to play for peanuts...

Who did we offer a contract to play for peanuts?

Who has played well and got traded?

Current era front office citations only please.

I'm expecting some names like Garcon or Jackson. Which immediately is an ignorant argument because neither were home-grown draft picks and both were over 30 years old when we let them walk. But I guess smart teams play aging wideouts QB money, right?

Or maybe Chris Baker? How did the buccaneers do again this year?

4 minutes ago, DC Lumber Co. said:

Who did we offer a contract to play for peanuts?

Who has played well and got traded?

Current era front office citations only please.

I'm expecting some names like Garcon or Jackson. Which immediately is an ignorant argument because neither were home-grown draft picks and both were over 30 years old when we let them walk. But I guess smart teams play aging wideouts QB money, right?

Or maybe Chris Baker? How did the buccaneers do again this year?

We offered cousins 12.5 mil per year after his first strong season....

Ok. Let me be clear.

I was down with trading for Alex Smith near the end of the year. I like Cousins, but this relationship was too topsy turvy and I honestly don't think he's special enough to warrant a crazy "were all in deal". Smith is more athletic and hasn't show to be as prone to making bone headed throws and having a stupid look on his face during times of adversity.

But Kendall Fuller? Really? Wtf?

And the reason this is such bull****, is because the writing has been on the wall this whole time. 

They could've blown this thing up in week 6 or 7, traded for Jimmy G (younger and arguably will turn out better than both QBs) and tried to trade Kirk when they had the chance.

Now Kirk is walking, no way they try to finesse some form of sign and trade, I hope they do, but this is just asinine. Wouldn't have taken much to outbid SF, and now we're trading a draft pick and a great young up and coming prospect at CB, a position this team has lacked true quality and depth at up until the last couple of years, for a 33 year old QB stopgap that will cause another Qb controversy once u draft his future replacement.

I really, really hope this all works out. Like I said, I like Smith, I don't mind dropping a 3rd round pick, but Kendall Fuller being traded blows my mind.

Good luck. Cause if this fails, holy **** lol 

3 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

Smith is good, we have the $ to go build an elite D, losing Fuller is painful but the FO did what it perceived it had to in order to get their guy and losing a slot corner is not the end of the world (especially when we have good depth at CB assuming Bree is back).

If we re-sign Brown, sign Bennie Logan or Sheldon Richardson, draft well, and stay healthy next year then we'll be right in the mix. This thread is just the herd conditioned to act like we're the Browns no matter what decision is made.

Amen. I'm done arguing with people who can't do anything but default to the same old Redskins narrative that is exacerbated by local media that know this is how the fanbase is conditioned and therefore will do anything to tie any and all moves back to said narrative since it gets clicks and moves the needle.

8 minutes ago, LetMeSeeYourWarFace21 said:

anH-S2_a_bigger.jpgSteve Gallo

@SteveGalloNFL

It goes without saying but Washington isn't just gonna let Kirk walk for nothing. They are attempting to do a sign & trade deal with him.

Alex smith to the redskins - Page 19.html

Why in the **** would Kirk do that? The Skins made their choice and move on and got Kirk's successor.  He's now going to do them a favor and do a sign and trade deal?  Not going to happen.  It's over. Just move on.  You have your new QB.

2 minutes ago, mistertim said:

How the hell are we going to do that? 

They could structure the deal to make the first year cap hit minimal (which would be temporary until trade is completed anyway)

And I'm also not positive but if a team can be over the cap until the start of the league year it would also allow for a sign and trade.

9 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

Yeah no, this can be a positive move, especially if they really do improve the defensive personnel, I just like Fuller lol. But yeah, he is replaceable.

And Smith is a good QB, idc about the knocks on him, he's athletic and his good decisions dwarf his bad decisions. I just hope this doesnt double the check down play calls lol

21 minutes ago, DC Lumber Co. said:

WAKE UP AND REALIZE THE MEDIA POURS GAS ON NARRATIVES LIKE THESE TO GET FANS FIRED UP AGAINST THE EASY TARGET WHICH IS THE FRONT OFFICE BEING THE VILLAN. 

Your caps lock key sticks when you drink & post, Bruce. :P 

The only thing I can imagined happened here is that Bruce realized he'd screwed up the relationship with Kirk and felt like he had to do something.  There was no way he could face the team if the franchise QB walked, largely because of him, without having something to offer as replacement.  Especially after having chased the previous GM out of town.  So this is what his desperate attempt to save his own ass looks like. 

I understand bringing Alex Smith aboard, since we clearly couldn't afford $34 million for Cousins, but the Fuller part just makes no sense. Yes we have CB depth, but how many times is this franchise going to draft a top CB only to trade him away?? 

Bruce Allen needs to call Scotty Mac, apologize, and bring him back. He has no idea what he's doing. 

2 minutes ago, BuhBuhBiggie said:

I understand bringing Alex Smith aboard, since we clearly couldn't afford $34 million for Cousins, but the Fuller part just makes no sense. Yes we have CB depth, but how many times is this franchise going to draft a top CB only to trade him away?? 

Bruce Allen needs to call Scotty Mac, apologize, and bring him back. He has no idea what he's doing. 

Losing Fuller stings I’m shocked at how many people think a slot corner is easil replaceable he was the best one we’ve had in years. Agholar beasly And Sheppard are happy today.

I don't post much, but the overreaction here is downright hilarious.

First off, RIP Hap. 

2nd, Cousins was NOT going to sign a LTD with the Redskins.

Lastly, while I hate we lost Fuller, who the **** were we going to replace Cousins with this season knowing damn good and well he was walking?

I'm good with this move and now want to see the defense and offensive skill positions addressed.

2 minutes ago, Destino said:

The only thing I can imagined happened here is that Bruce realized he'd screwed up the relationship with Kirk and felt like he had to do something.  There was no way he could face the team if the franchise QB walked, largely because of him, without having something to offer as replacement.  Especially after having chased the previous GM out of town.  So this is what his desperate attempt to save his own ass looks like. 

Looks like he managed to piss off the Defense & at least half the fan base too. 

Well, we just gave a 3rd rd pick and Fuller for a QB no one really wanted, and got nothing for a QB a whole lot of teams wanted, what else is new among the D. Snyder led Redskins.

Alex Smith...is he that much better than Colt McCoy??? Especially when you factor in, Andy Reid runs about the most QB friendly WCO in the NFL!!! 

Should have traded Cousins before the 2017 draft like I said!!! Now??????????????

There’s an old saying about the combination of lazy, hardworking, stupid, and intelligent when it comes to organizations.  

Goes something like, “Leave the lazy and stupid alone because they are harmless. The hardworking intelligent men make great day to day managers. Beware the hardworking stupid man and fire him immediately because he will destroy you by making everyone around him worse. The lazy intelligent man, he is fit for the highest office.”

By all accounts, Bruce is not lazy.

7 minutes ago, THE HAMMER'IN HOG said:

Alex Smith...is he that much better than Colt McCoy???

On that note, Im outta here............The Colt McCoy I know had a great preseason 2-3 years ago, but has been a C- caliber (at best) back up since. He's no way in the same class as Alex Smith, and I'm not a big Alex Smith fan by no means. IMO Alex Smith only stepped it up this year because he had that rookie breathing down his neck throughout training camp and the preseason. Colt is not the answer, people need to let that go......

Eagles trade an awful QB who was injury prone and got a 1st round pick. We will probably lose Kirk for nothing. 

Not much we can do except  what we ALWAYS do, give the organization a chance to prove themselves...yet.....again.

Archived