Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Alex Smith Trade Thread (Details Inside)

CRobi21

1 minute ago, maxspruill21 said:

If we don’t resign Breeland I don’t see how any of you can be comfortable with Dunbar, Moreau, Norman and Holsey. Losing Fuller is not going to be easy to replace, we will be suspect at corner if we don’t resign breeland or maybe get Fitzpatrick if he falls to us. Moreau and Holsey played special teams last year. 

I will say, Moreau was touted as a 1st or 2nd rd talent had he not been coming off an injury, same as Fuller when he came out.

Sorry guys. I can’t follow this team anymore. I’ve followed them since the early 90s and this last move is the nail in my coffin.

really can’t fathom why they would trade away fuller!! I really like Kirk cousins and Kirk was a home grown QB. Nothing to be happy about over this trade. 

As someone said earlier, all the best to those who stay. 

for the last time ... HTTR. 

2 hours ago, FrFan said:

Yep. Kendall is in fact a football player. Good eye buddy. This clowns as bad as Bob.

2 hours ago, Audible_Red40 said:

Guys, don't worry.  At the end of the day, we will sign Fuller in free agency in 10 years and pay the man really well.

Like a true redskin!!!

26 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I'll be surprised if Kirk gets more than 27 million a year, so lets use that figure.  So we downgraded at defense.  At now we got an extra $3.5 million to burn to go get ourselves an elite defense.  Ridiculous.  What does 3.5 million buy you a Greg Toler and Kendall Reyes?   Good times.

As Cooley just said, I'd rather give up a 2nd and 3rd then throwing in Fuller in the deal.  Sheehan deems this as giving up a first rounder and a 2nd since Fuller is a first round talent.  I agree.

Bottom line, team got worse.  Worse qb and lost a pick and a stud

Im gonna puke.  **** snyder right in the ear.  Asshole

14 minutes ago, Agent23 said:

Sorry guys. I can’t follow this team anymore. I’ve followed them since the early 90s and this last move is the nail in my coffin.

really can’t fathom why they would trade away fuller!! I really like Kirk cousins and Kirk was a home grown QB. Nothing to be happy about over this trade. 

As someone said earlier, all the best to those who stay. 

for the last time ... HTTR. 

I have been a fan of this team since birth, and that is a quite some time ago. I will never stop rooting for this Team. Not one player, Not one Coach, Not one other Fan or Fans will ever change that. I have survived Norv, Spurrier and Zorn. I will survive Snyder and Bruce unless I die first, which is out of my control. I will survive as a Fan of the Redskins, regardless of a differing of opinion on who, whats best for the team. 

I see this move as on Jay and Bruce. No way that Bruce went out and got a player at QB for a disapproving Coach. This sets up a two year run. They better have it together in two years now, or if you think the backlash has been bad, you have seen nothing yet. The stands will be empty. 

Now onto the positive aspect of this trade. If Cousins indeed had no intention of re-signing a reasonable LTD with the Redskins then this move speaks of future plans to draft a QB (not a very high pick) with a Vet to play for a year or two while he prepares. Trading away Fuller might signal that they indeed do intend on re-signing Breeland. While all that is not my choosing it is a viable reason for why this occurred. 

Again, nothing this team can do will change me from rooting for them, sometimes in utter disgust. 

AS Always, #HTTR. 

Fuller was one of the bright spots on defense. I’d rather have him than norman. Norman is OLD.

Our team is going to be OLD on offense and defense and AT BEST we have 2-3 opportunities to be one  and done in the playoffs before we need to rebuild for the following 5 years.  The thing is, I think alex smith is just good enough to deliver us 7-9 wins a season, that means we will be drafting middle of the pack next 5 years... good luck finding a franchise quarterback there, especially with our track record.

Come back in 8-9 years guys....

I'm just baffled at the fact that fuller was even someone they had a passing thought of trading. How the **** do you trade a stud 22yr old cb for a ****ing over the hill Alex Smith AND a pick? Seriously have to be the biggest group of dumb mother tickets ever. I can't root for this **** anymore and I'm angry about it 

19 minutes ago, Dissident2 said:

I'm just sick that we lost Fuller. He was imo shaping up to be the best player on our defense. And only 22. Just disgusted right now. 

That is THE major upset for me.  So young.  Rising star.  Definitely a Pro Bowl possibility as soon as next year.  There are a number of CBs in this years draft with potential (that no one knows will translate to the pros) when we had "lock down" in our future  IMO with Fuller AND depth.  Maybe they will take a shot at Duke Dawson or Darius Philips if either is there in the 2nd round but I doubt either will be.   We still have major needs on D.  

Got to hand it to Andy.  He fleeces the Skins, what is it, every 7 years?   He does a good job of being competitive.

Kirk was gone. Most of us knew it.  But Alex?  Ahhh it is going to be the same around here.  To me he is like Kirk's older brother.  Damn good thing he is mobile.  He is going to be running for his life if this stupid ass FO does not pick up a caliber back (all is forgiven if we grab Bell in FA....hey I can dream...^_^.... We all saw the improvement in teams in the playoffs this year when they had a decent back.  

What impressed me the most about Kirk last year is he got the best out of the receivers we did have with the exception of Doctson who was a mixed bag and Pryor who was a bust for us.  He improvised.  He improved.  He learned a lot.  I wish him the best. 

20 plus years and we can't EVER just settle in to building a team.  Gotta have the high profile signings and the wacky trades.  Good off season publicity, ****ty off season team building.  I don't see myself caring any more next year than I did this year and that caring has dwindled down to a passing curiosity.  Pun intended I guess.  

Can somebody explain me how a deal like this works? I'm then talking about the extension/new deal. 

We can not negotiate with Alex Smith before we have his rights, correct? If we would do that we would be tempering, correct? So how can we then make some sort of gentleman agreement deal with KC (not legal until new league year because trades are locked right now) and also give Smith a new deal. We would then be negotiating with a player that is not yet our player. 

Just checking that our general manager hasn't ****ed-up. Because I know a guy in New York with the name Mara that loves rules when they are against us. 

8 minutes ago, PortisBetts said:

I'm just baffled at the fact that fuller was even someone they had a passing thought of trading. How the **** do you trade a stud 22yr old cb for a ****ing over the hill Alex Smith AND a pick? Seriously have to be the biggest group of dumb mother tickets ever. I can't root for this **** anymore and I'm angry about it 

Well, they traded Champ before and probably figure they got away with it.

I'm with you. I thought trading Fuller was a mistake.

I'll probably be back by August but after 40 years I think I'm done. This front office has screwed up for nearly 20 years and Reid has duped them twice. Smith I going to need to be replaced in 3 years, and losing Fuller, yeah. Kirk is the closest thing we've had to a franchise QB over the last 25 years. If he somehow lands in Jacksonville they will be a top team in the league next year. Looks like another 7-9 or 8-8 year and those who ****ed about Kirk after every interception will be ****ing about Smith every Sunday.

1 hour ago, carex said:

Like Cousins would have taken that

Who knows ... but we'll never know because the Redskins never even made contact with Cousins since the end of the season.

It's more ineptitude after ineptitude with this team.

At this point I almost feel like I want to watch games next season to root against the Redskins.

Archived