Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Election 2018 Thread (An Adult Finally Has the Gavel)

PleaseBlitz

12 minutes ago, DogofWar1 said:

Looks like Kobach is going down.

Good.

Go home Kris. Drink heavily.  Slip and fall in the shower. Let no one hear your fading cries for help. Never darken American politics with your racism again.

FTFY

You have a massive base of individuals actively voting against their own interests, uneducated, either circumstantially or purposefully ignorant, and driven by fear. Fear that is sold to them by a morally bankrupt president, who knows how to manipulate said individuals for his own benefit. The only true beneficiaries of republican policies are the ultra-rich. To deny or avoid stating the fact that this base of voters are objectively ignorant would feed the false equivalencies mindset. There is no "both-sides", you have sanity and decency on one side and hatred, bigotry and authoritarianism on the other. 

14 minutes ago, SkinsHokieFan said:

I think the early frustration is Florida. If Nelson/Gillum go down to the campaigns that DeSantis/Scott ran, that is just sad

Desantis did run a crappy campaign but one really can't say that about Scott (Heck even MSNBC talking heads claimed he ran a great campaign only issue was being unable to avoid Trumps visits).

Yaaaas! Screw Scott Taylor. Tidewater, especially my hometown VB, makes me a little sad. I have lots of life long friends down there that I feel like I hardly ever knew when I talk to them. It's a weird, not rednecky, but kind of rednecky, beachlife kind of uninformed vibe. Hard to describe. They just want to think about nice things and enjoy their lives fishing, skating, Virginia Beach-ing about. They're not really dumb, or ill-intentioned, just really different views about people harshing on their vibes, or something. I'm just speaking about my experiences with my old friends, but It's weird to me. Big disconnect from who I knew them as and what they say, and how they talk about things now. Mostly along the lines of they're all crooks, and I need to go about not thinking about it anymore!

Cruz has a slim lead with barely any of the votes counted in the urban areas.  I think he's going down, man.  

The crazy thing about Florida is how close those elections are.  It's not like the state is out of reach like some of the other ones that keep voting Red.

@No Excuses what you think about Kansas electing a Democratic governor?  I was going to reply to one of your posts about an eventual snap back back they tried cutting taxes and programs to point republicans had to raise taxes, that experiment looks like its died because its been figured out as a shame out there.

Archived