Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Election 2018 Thread (An Adult Finally Has the Gavel)

PleaseBlitz

Just now, Springfield said:

Im not arguing with you, I wanted to know what you thought a good night for the Dems would have been.

Nobody realistically believed they’d get the senate.

Fair point 

I think the Dems should have expected to win senate seats in IN and FL.  And a good night would be 40 plus in the house. 

Its just meh.  And in the era of Trump, meh isn’t a win

Does this this pretty much guarantee that Mueller will be able to complete his investigation, and be able to present what he finds, or not? That's first and foremost, IMO. I don't think the Dems should do much until that is done, except maybe re-visit whatever it was that Nunes was doing with his ridiculous investigation.

3 minutes ago, SoulSkin said:

4. I take another shot

5. I drink your milkshake

5. I make a damn crab milkshake

6. Glad I called out of work

1. Still take a shot.

2. Crab shakes are gross.

3. Hopefully Trump realizes congress is out of session.

4. They're glad we all called out of work.

33 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Do what you gotta do.  If you think calling people dumb ****s will help your cause, let me know how that works out for you.

Nope, voting, and helping to get out the vote by helping people to understand whats on the ballot (and how it affects them) helps your cause. 

Calling them dumbasses is definitely cathartic though. ?

Wouldn't call anyone dumbass in public. I've had plenty opportunity, but unless physically confronted, I would not even say anything to them. Neither would McQueen, probably. On this particular forum?

Dumb ****s to the 45th power 

Just now, Kilmer17 said:

Fair point 

I think the Dems should have expected to win senate seats in IN and FL.  And a good night would be 40 plus in the house. 

Its just meh.  And in the era of Trump, meh isn’t a win

FL is a disappointment.

I know exactly what Trump will say.  “Blue wave?  They couldn’t even keep their senate seats!”  “They promised to wither both chambers, and lost!”

Theyre going to say they (Trump) won by losing but they still won.

2 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

35.  It will be less than that.  

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_midterm_election

"The party of the incumbent president tends to lose ground during midterm elections: over the past 21 midterm elections, the President's party has lost an average 30 seats in the House, and an average four seats in the Senate; moreover, in only two of those has the President's party gained seats in both houses."

Haha. No no.  It’s a GREAT night for the Dems. 

1 minute ago, clietas said:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_midterm_election

"The party of the incumbent president tends to lose ground during midterm elections: over the past 21 midterm elections, the President's party has lost an average 30 seats in the House, and an average four seats in the Senate; moreover, in only two of those has the President's party gained seats in both houses."

How about the last two decades?

4 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

I can live with VP, can see him going for whole enchilada.  I don't know how I feel about that experience level. Agree he'd be perfect as VP because of that, perfect way to groom for a role.

To be fair, after Trump, the whole experience thing is out the window.

As well as a million other things. 

3 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

I can live with VP, can see him going for whole enchilada.  I don't know how I feel about that experience level. Agree he'd be perfect as VP because of that, perfect way to groom for a role.

The more experience you have, the bigger the record you have for the opposing party to pick apart.  Rising stars with less experience are the wave of the future.  Not that I agree with it, but seems to be the case.  Shiny new toy kinda thing.

2 minutes ago, Hooper said:

To be fair, after Trump, the whole experience thing is out the window.

As well as a million other things. 

Trump is TERRIBLE.  That doesn't mean we elect another one just because he sounds cool.  Winning is easy, governing is harder.

Just now, Kilmer17 said:

Honestly. 

Is tonight a better night for the gop or Dems than what was expected??

For my expectations, this is HUGE

Trump agenda is now dead with the loss of the House. Investigations can commence

More Dem governors prevent the overwhelming gerrymandering that came out of post '10

7 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Thats what is thinking. It’s too tough to win president after a losing senate bid. But he can really help the Pres pick as a VP and then will be even more of a household name and ready to go in 2028 

Archived