Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Election 2018 Thread (An Adult Finally Has the Gavel)

PleaseBlitz

On my ballot, I voted no for partial tax exemption on improvements made to properties to thwart recurrent flooding, and voted yes to a tax exemption for surviving spouses of a "100% service connected, permanent and total disability" if they move to a different primary residence, which they currently get if they stay in the same house/residence.

4 minutes ago, Bacon said:

Biden-Beto or Biden-Kamala would be a potentially fruitful ticket. You have to have a familiar face there to anchor it, with a little spice to get the youth/female vote stirred up. 

biden is too old. I don’t like him on the ticket. He’d be a great SOS tho. 

I’d go Harris/Beto 2020 

and then hopefully Beto/Gillum or Beto/Schiff in 2028

dont give Pelosi speaker. Let her advise and run things behind the scenes. Put some fresh blood as the speaker. Schiff would be good there imo. 

7 minutes ago, SoulSkin said:

On my ballot, I voted no for partial tax exemption on improvements made to properties to thwart recurrent flooding, and voted yes to a tax exemption for surviving spouses of a "100% service connected, permanent and total disability" if they move to a different primary residence, which they currently get if they stay in the same house/residence.

I voted the opposite, wanted to encourage people to make changes to help survive floods and the second one wasn't clear if it applied to moving into a property of higher value (that rule was to help make sure they didnt lose the house, THAT house)

The election went as expected, mixed results.

Winning the House, puts a check on Trump.  Accountability returns.  They just have to be careful that they don't overdo it.  Resist the temptation for impeachment.  The votes aren't there to remove Trump.  Impeachment will backfire and probably help Trump win reelection.   

There's plenty to investigate, where you don't have to overdo it. It's one of the most corrupt administration ever, plenty there.

Pass an agenda that Trump will have to go on the record of vetoing and the GOP Senate vote against and their 2020 nominee can run against Trump on.

Winning governorships and some legislatures, helps in redistricting after the 2020 census.  

@Kilmer17 thought some about your comment about dems picking of .moderate Republicans.  Ya, know, Susan Collins taught me something, who cares if they are moderates if they vote more likely then not along party lines.  Her speech before her supreme court vote sealed it for me, id rather have a Democrat then moderate Republican. 

I'm down with trying to replace the Trumpers in deep red districts with moderates, to save the country we kinda have to, but in swing districts for swing votes on key issues I'd rather not hold my breath on their moral compass anymore.

13 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

I voted the opposite, wanted to encourage people to make changes to help survive floods and the second one wasn't clear if it applied to moving into a property of higher value (that rule was to help make sure they didnt lose the house, THAT house)

I get that, and thought the same thing on # 2, but voted yes because I thought it might help out a lot of people who already had an exemption and lost their spouses who got completely ****ed up serving our country. That's the way I read it, anyway. I was almost no on both. I felt like the flooding thing might be abused by investors, people with plenty of money and waterfront properties, and sort of a losing battle kind of thing in some cases. I thought both questions were not clearly explained enough.

Archived