Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Election 2018 Thread (An Adult Finally Has the Gavel)

PleaseBlitz

25 minutes ago, SoulSkin said:

On my ballot, I voted no for partial tax exemption on improvements made to properties to thwart recurrent flooding, and voted yes to a tax exemption for surviving spouses of a "100% service connected, permanent and total disability" if they move to a different primary residence, which they currently get if they stay in the same house/residence.

16 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

I voted the opposite, wanted to encourage people to make changes to help survive floods and the second one wasn't clear if it applied to moving into a property of higher value (that rule was to help make sure they didnt lose the house, THAT house)

I voted the same as Soulskin.  As a guy that has had a few Ls in the RE game, the whole flood thing didn’t agree with me.

Anyhoo, they both passed.  And that’s perfectly fine.

7 minutes ago, SoulSkin said:

I get that, and thought the same thing on # 2, but voted yes because I thought it might help out a lot of people who already had an exemption and lost their spouses who got completely ****ed up serving our country. That's the way I read it, anyway. I was almost no on both. I felt like the flooding thing might be abused by investors, people with plenty of money and waterfront properties, and sort of a losing battle kind of thing in some cases. I thought both questions were not clearly explained enough. 

Empowering the general assembly to offer tax incentives to get people to flood proof their houses was a good thing IMO.  The Democrats were encouraging their base to vote yes on both amendments.

17 minutes ago, brandymac27 said:

Any numbers yet on how young and minority voters affected the election results today?

Only exit polling. I saw where the only group to vote Republican over Democrat was white males 45+. All other groups voted the opposite, including all age groups of white women.

But again it's unreliable exit polling.

Also...fwiw.

Man, I cringe when I see my screen name typed out by other people. I couldn't have landed on a worse random "That's pretty cool" half buzzed idea when I signed up here.

Anyhoo, her name is Abigail Spanberger, not Nancy Pelosi. Buh-bye Brat. So happy about that one.

Just now, The Evil Genius said:

Or at least a curstely model how GOP gerrymandering has kept those seats safe.

The gop is our performing polls in senate and gov races 

interesting that local polls are doing better than statewide polls. 

9 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Abigail Spanberger has a great head of hair.  Huge disadvantage there for Fat Cat Brat.

I believe those golden locks may have put her over the top.

Leslie ****burn should have won too, but she lost to a Republican buffoon in a district where being male and Republican is all it takes.  But it's encouraging to see Luria and Spanberger flip seats and oust turds in the Commonwealth.  They'll make far superior legislators.  And Wexton over Comstock is a positive change too.  Going from 3-8 to 7-4 in this stupidly gerrymandered state is a good sign.  Hopefully we flip the state legislature next year and we can fully undo the damage the Republicans did in 2011.

Most dissappoitning thing is that a big chunk of this country still buys into the racism of Trump and the racism of the ‘18 GOP

It is going to take some time to kick their asses. All the economic engines of this country are firmly blue. We’ll see how long this divide lasts before the money makers get tired of supporting the racist welfare queens in rural areas. 

We have already seen that change in VA as the GOP is dead beyond a few areas of moocher VA 

59 minutes ago, SoulSkin said:

I get that, and thought the same thing on # 2, but voted yes because I thought it might help out a lot of people who already had an exemption and lost their spouses who got completely ****ed up serving our country. That's the way I read it, anyway. I was almost no on both. I felt like the flooding thing might be abused by investors, people with plenty of money and waterfront properties, and sort of a losing battle kind of thing in some cases. I thought both questions were not clearly explained enough.

I understand, want to look out for somebody that har to deal with a lot.  For the waterfront thing, those coats come back to us in someway if they are completely destroyed anyway.  Flood insurance if I believe is government thing, book isnt written on climate change yet.  I was telling somebody the other day that at some point being close to water will cost value instead of raise it, we arent there yet.

52 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

Second election in a row that pollsters can’t correctly model GOP turnout. 

All the more reason to vote and make sure best you can.  I'm not sure what they are gonna do a out this, though, those polls dictate resources 

Archived