Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Election 2018 Thread (An Adult Finally Has the Gavel)

PleaseBlitz

Just now, Kilmer17 said:

If the GOP gets to 54. They will hold the senate til 2022 at minimum. 

There red will be tons of spin. But this is a bad night for the Dems. 

I think this is about as good as it could have been.  Pick up 30-40 seats in the house.  Pick up a bunch of govornorships.

House control brings oversight and control of subcommittees.  They’ll get some answers out of the douche in charge.

Just now, Springfield said:

I think this is about as good as it could have been.  Pick up 30-40 seats in the house.  Pick up a bunch of govornorships.

House control brings oversight and control of subcommittees.  They’ll get some answers out of the douche in charge.

They aren’t though.  It will be less than the average of typical mid term wins. 

Just now, Cooked Crack said:

Looking at the 2020 map the only pickups are Maine, Colorado, and maybe Alaska. Doug Jones will lose though.

Ya, think I saw that.  Is Doug Jones gonna be on the ballot though?  Doesn't he get 6 years?

One good thing I guess we can take from this, GOP lost control of the house, I don't care if they had the majority or not.  Now with Dems in control, even if its not a great law, we can talk about some type of negotiations that doesn't start with taking the ball and going home from tea party ****tards like we used to go through.  Say we get Trump out in 2 years and do keep the House still, ya, not having the Senate may stop MFA, but only if Dems can't drive home the number of republicans that support it.

This very well could have been a night where we lost all hope, but we didn't.  I'll sleep better, I know plenty of people that will sleep better, but we still have a lot of work to do.

5 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

If the GOP gets to 54. They will hold the senate til 2022 at minimum. 

There red will be tons of spin. But this is a bad night for the Dems. 

Dems have picked up governor houses, state legislatures and suburban house districts all over the country. 

The Senate map was always going to be brutal.

4 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Beto needs to be the VP candidate on the ticket in 2020. Period.

Then he will be poised for a presidential run in 2028

he will help whoever the presidential nominee is in 2020 with his charisma and likability. He’s a generational politician. 

I can live with VP, can see him going for whole enchilada.  I don't know how I feel about that experience level. Agree he'd be perfect as VP because of that, perfect way to groom for a role.

Archived