Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Bruce Allen/GM Thread

Makaveli

17 minutes ago, nonniey said:

Prediction - Snyder will ostentatiously sign Bruce to an extension to show his support for his GM and the "good culture" Allen epitomizes in the Redskin organization. 

Rgt now this is my biggest fear!  Snyder once again gives a big fat fu to the fans and gives Bruce Allen even more power!!!  If that's even possible!   

4 minutes ago, justice98 said:

People are quoting some random jabronie's tweet claiming Bruce will be gone today and the successor has already been decided. That's all. It's not a particularly credible report.

Oh ok. Got me all excited!! I almost want to drive to Ashburn to get some footage of Bruce leaving the building. Although knowing Danny, he'll probably give him a call from the Yacht and Bruce'll probably be taking the call from his home in Balboa.

3 hours ago, wit33 said:

Love this. I’d be alllllll in on Bieniemy and it’s solely based on the offense the Chiefs run and it’s potential fit for Haskins. 

Someone more knowledgeable can rebuff this as I only watch the Chiefs on prime time, but the scheme seems to really do a great job of simplifying Mahome’s reads with many short passes (extensions of the run game) and then consistently challenge teams deep down field, featuring Mahomes arm strength. Not saying they don’t use the intermediate pass game, it just doesn’t seem to be the priority. 

I compare it to the change in NBA 10 years ago to shooting 3s or layups. The chiefs make teams work horizontally in the short pass game (layups) and Vertically with the deep pass game with consistent deep routes (3 pointers).

Thoughts? It would seem deep vertical type routes simplifies the game for Mahomes, but you must possess the unique arm to consistently run the concepts. 

I guess what gives me some pause is Bieniemy doesn't call the plays so I don't know how inventive or not he is.  But I agree I like the Chief's offense. 

1 minute ago, RandyHolt said:

In hockey circles when trades go down, hockey boards crash.  The longer the crash, the bigger the trade.

Too bad we can't trade Bruce to Oakland or Tampa. Or better yet, Dallas.

That's because "crashing the boards" is literally what they do in hockey.

This would just be some awkward type of gang tackle?

8 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

In hockey circles when trades go down, hockey boards crash.  The longer the crash, the bigger the trade.

Too bad we can't trade Bruce to Oakland or Tampa. Or better yet, Dallas.

That was my thought.  Every deadling the hockey boards crash and as soon as i saw it happen here i had the its happenening meme running in my head.

wanted to put the meme in here but cant figure out how to embed it

3 hours ago, veteranskinsfan said:

Prediction- Allen retires to his new home in Newport Beach California laughing all the way to his local bank.  He watches the games next season on his big screen

tv and then calls Danny after each game to discuss what happened after every loss.

"You guys are close... "

43 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I guess what gives me some pause is Bieniemy doesn't call the plays so I don't know how inventive or not he is.  But I agree I like the Chief's offense. 

I read somewhere that Andy Reid had started letting Bienemy call plays on selected series here and there to get a feel for it.  I think basically because Reid is doing his guy a solid and knows he can handle it and it'll help his head coaching prospects.  But yeah, he's not the primary playcaller.  

But I think I'd be more concerned with his general lack of experience at the upper levels of coaching.  I mean he's been an assistant for a while, but only been the OC in KC since last year.  But Reid vouches for him and swears his guy is up for it.  His coaching tree isnt bad overall. 

Archived