Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Bruce Allen/GM Thread

Makaveli

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

@Califan007

Nagy and Pederson both said they called they plays in the 2nd halves of their games.   If that's happened with Bieniemy I haven't been able to dig that up.  I am not saying that's a deal breaker though with me.  I am just wondering how much of that offense is him.  Clearly, Reid likes him and he's received plenty of accolades.  So I got no beef with Bieniemy.  I was just wondering if we are importing KC's offense with Bieniemy, that's all.

Pederson by the way isn't a sell with me. 😀   I am not a fan of the dude.  I read his book, what an obnoxious arrogant person he comes off in it.  I take some satisfaction that he has arguably underachieved with a pretty loaded roster.

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/chiefs-andy-reid-eric-bieniemy-hire-head-coach

Bieniemy doesn’t call the plays but helps assemble the game plans.

https://chiefswire.usatoday.com/2018/01/25/andy-reid-confirms-that-hell-call-plays-in-2018/

Despite Reid calling plays in 2018, he did not rule out the possibility of giving up play-calling duties to Bieniemy in the future.

https://theundefeated.com/features/kansas-city-chiefs-offensive-coordinator-eric-bieniemy-will-just-have-to-wait/

Some owners may have downgraded Bieniemy because Reid is the Chiefs’ offensive playcaller. In 2017, Reid ceded playcalling duties to Nagy late in the season. Although Bieniemy lacks the playcaller title on his résumé, he’s involved in helping Reid with the weekly offensive game plan.

Yeah, but that was after he set the record straight after being hired lol...before then, it was:

8 things to know about Doug Pederson, Eagles' new head coach

(this sound familiar lol) Pederson is the Kansas City Chiefs offensive coordinator, and has held that title since Andy Reid became head coach in 2013. Pederson does not call the plays, but does have input on the gameplan, and calls plays in certain situations.

https://www.nj.com/eagles/2016/01/8_things_to_know_about_doug_pederson_eagles_new_he.html

Doug Pederson was calling more plays for the Chiefs than we realized

The thing about calling plays is, you never really know who's doing it.

Take the 2015 Kansas City Chiefs for example. We were under the impression that Andy Reid was the main play caller while OC Doug Pederson only called some plays. Pederson was introduced as the Eagles new head coach today and told the Philly media that he was calling the second half of games for most of the season.

https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2016/1/19/10793458/doug-pederson-was-calling-more-plays-for-the-chiefs-than-we-realized

**This one is kinda interesting:

Andy Reid trying to convince Eagles to hire Doug Pederson?

Doug Pederson's name emerged as candidate for the Eagles' head coaching search, Sunday morning and immediately two independent sources shot it down.

Now a few days later, they're not so sure.

"I think Andy (Reid) is getting to the owner (Jeffrey Lurie),'' one said. "Those two still get along pretty well, which is kind of peculiar on its own. But (Lurie) listens to Andy. They may wait and interview Pederson, and then who knows?''

[...]The second source, who thought all along the Eagles might be doing Reid a favor, said Pederson has a shot, but should not be considered the favorite.

The reason I think that last one is interesting?... At the time there were rumors that Reid was propping up Pederson and making it seem as if he played a more important role in the Chiefs' offense than he really did, giving Pederson credit for stuff Reid was actually in control of. The blurb above makes it seem as if Reid was having talks with Lurie about recommending Pederson as an HC candidate and that Reid's relationship with Lurie is why it started.

Got me thinking...does Reid have a good relationship with anyone on the Skins? lol...I now Alex Smiff is not FO and is a player and I'm sure this is probably against the spirit of the cap or something like that there, but maybe he's been floating Bieniemy's name to Smiff who in turn has floated it to Dan?... And that's why we're hearing about him as a possible candidate? We assume it was Smiff alone, but perhaps not.

15 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I feel bad that all of you actually think Bruce is going to get fired. Also, why is this typing in strange font? Who broke ES?

@TK? @Jumbo? @PCS? @weird_gymnasium?

It has something to do with the website going up and down. I think it might be the page is disconnected partway through loading, which messes with the formatting.

8 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Watching episode 3 now on tonight's Flash.

I don't see Bruce anywhere.

Our crisis will be that Bruce will be here for infinity.

I prefer Flashpoint, Bruce is dead in that one. (some comic humor for you nerds out there, I'm versatile what can I say)

@Califan007

For some reason I can't quote your specific post.  OK, maybe Bieniemy will reveal that he was the dude really calling the plays in spite what Reid and others have said.  Who knows?

It's not really a sticking point for me one way or another.  I don't love Nagy or Pederman so the Reid coaching tree while is intriguing is far from the be all and end all for me. 

As for Andy Reid pushing it.  He's been outward publicly lobbying Bieniemy for a HC job.   Smith and Bieniemy were together at the same time in KC.  Yeah wouldn't surprise me that Andy is pushing him at Alex.  I don't always trust what Andy thinks is best for the Redskins though.  😀

Laconfora said today that he hears Dan wants a splash hire, big name.  But he isn't sure if he'd get that name with this FO structure.   He believes Dan would have to say he's open to changing that operation or outright change it.  Bieniemy I don't think is a splash hire.  But he'd be probably the ceiling of what Dan can get right now splash wise save a Jon Gruden type of contract to a bigger name.

1 hour ago, NickyJ said:

It has something to do with the website going up and down. I think it might be the page is disconnected partway through loading, which messes with the formatting.

Ok that explains why people think Bruce is going to be fired but what happened to this website?

Not a big deal that he wasn’t fired today. AllProAnalytics is just two grown men living in their moms basement trolling twitter with their stupid made up “rumors”. 

Coaching hires won’t be made until January for any nfl team anyway, so as long as Bruce is canned DIRECTLY AFTER week 17 vs the cowboys and our new GM is named, i think we’ll be fine getting a new HC. 

Every time my phone gives me an ESPN alert I am hopeful, only to have ESPN think I care about the Wizards and Maryland Basketball.  For the record, I care about neither.  And I've tried everything I can to get them to stop sending me alerts on the Wizards, but their algorithm apparently has determined that even though I actively have said I don't like the NBA, I must be wrong and like all DC sports because I follow the Redskins, Caps and Nats.   Clearly their AI knows more about what I like than I do. 

Like getting punched in the nuts over and over.  

Just now, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Ya think maybe, JUSTTTTT maybe, the site keeps crashing cause everyone is refreshing this thread for news that’s obviously not coming tonight or any other day this week? Yeah, quit crashing the site guys!!! 😂😂😂😂:P 

There are only 22 members currently viewing the thread.

Dan is just ****ing with us because he can. 

10 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Every time my phone gives me an ESPN alert I am hopeful, only to have ESPN think I care about the Wizards and Maryland Basketball. 

You're lucky that ESPN doesn't send you alerts for the Knicks and Orioles then because clearly you are fond of at least 1 decades long dumpster fire.

Archived