Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Bruce Allen/GM Thread

Makaveli

Those cheerleaders. Wow!  A+++

On this topic, I wonder if Dan and Bruce will play putt-putt in the office tomorrow?  If they even are talking about moving on I am 100% sure Bruce is going on about Alex Smith being hurt, Reed, and Trent.  

"Name any team that would do well with their top QB, TE, and LT out."  Bruce

"Oh yeah!  It's not no your fault.  I love you!"  Dan  

1 hour ago, Alexa said:

I believe it is best for both sides for TW to be dealt. He can't come back here. 

If we could get him to come back the value of that would be more than the likely value we could get from trading him (figure a 3rd and with a lower pick is the most we'll get at this point).

Welp. 3-16!! Not very good!! At least we're not the worse team in the league...dumb ass!

So I've heard folks talking about how Vinny got fired before league meetings. So the league meeting is this Tuesday and Wednesday. I see how it would makes sense to have your new GM at the league meetings, right? And with the team out of the playoffs it would make sense to hire the GM now. If this theory holds true, I would say Bruce is fired as soon as tomorrow. I'll be drinking on Tuesday night either way.

This'll be Danny's rare presser. I lost my only friend......

giphy.gif.e87a3900ff56c5f707f058f6111231f7.gif

The news coming out now is exciting and worthy of our celebratory tone, for sure... but I just have way too high of a standard now, especially for someone like Dan. 

Bruce needs to be gone, of course, that’s the first big step. I then need to see a normal hiring process occur where multiple candidates from recently successful organizations are interviewed ending with one hired at GM. 

I don’t want a guy who has been out of the league for multiple years AND had failed at his last stint. Someone desperate who would be willing to take whatever job anyone in the NFL would give him. That is exactly the hiring process Dan had that lead to Vinny and then Bruce as his top exec. That removes someone like Louis Riddick for me. 

I then need to see that person able to make whatever changes he wants in the scouting department, Athletic Training Staff, and then of course being the guy who carries out the hiring process of a new coach. We need to get a constant stream of info coming out about just how much is changing in terms of the structure and hierarchy, how various roles are being empowered as opposed to before, along with the admission that they were wrong at a fundamental, organizational, structural level that belied basic established principles. 

If all of the above occurs, I still won’t really believe in Dan. Then, and only then, will I become skeptical over the current pessimistic attitude I have towards him and how he runs things. I will remain paranoid that Dan will ruin it all at some point with his unwarranted interference and destruction of hierarchy at a moment’s notice, but nonetheless, I would be rooting for the new hires to succeed while assuming their titles/roles are allowed to be fulfilled until ANY signs indicate otherwise. But that’d be a big step up from the apathy and total lack of hope I have right now in Dan and Bruce. 

The other problem is, regardless of how you feel about Haskins, it’s never a good thing to begin a total reset at GM and HC with a young QB who is, at best, a 50/50 boom/bust prospect in place they’re essentially forced to work with. They should be allowed to choose and Dan can’t make that a condition. He can’t even make that a reason to incline towards one GM over another during the process, it simply has to be the best and the brightest.

If only some portion of the above occurs? I don’t think I’ll buy into it and I’ll be expecting the new guy/s to be set up for failure, per the norm. Just more eye rolling and frustration while so many target them wrongly as their strengths diminish and weaknesses get highlighted, instead of asking why we aren’t an organization that does the opposite and elevates its hires with any consistency. 😕 

I know, I know... Debbie downer. I’m sorry guys. I am enjoying the hope that Bruce’s removal gives us for now that all the above occurs. Until it doesn’t, I’m going to hope it does. :) 

4 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Nah, I'm the same way, but for the moment I can get excited at the possibility of no longer seeing Allen's stupid face

Yeah, like I said at the end there, nothing wrong with that, I’m with you. We have every reason to be excited with this first step. But that’s all it is, a first step in a series of many that need to occur. :) 

Btw, the tone I read “stupid face” with still has me cracking up. I felt it.  :ols: 

I believe it when it happens, until then it's nothing but a big tease.

The Grinch will probably  make an appearance instead.

Also, even if we do get Bruce out of there and Dan hires a real gm; I would give it a couple of years before Dan starts interring again.  It will be a small window of maybe 3 to 4 years before it all blows up again.  Dan can't who he is.

40 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

I think Dan is going to hire a former player. Similar to Elway in Denver and John Lynch in San Francisco.

Craziest one and I think he might actually do it is Aikman. That’s a splash move and a middle finger to the Cowboys. Aikman wants a Gm role. 

No way in all the hells.

1 hour ago, thesubmittedone said:

The news coming out now is exciting and worthy of our celebratory tone, for sure... but I just have way too high of a standard now, especially for someone like Dan. 

Bruce needs to be gone, of course, that’s the first big step. I then need to see a normal hiring process occur where multiple candidates from recently successful organizations are interviewed ending with one hired at GM. 

I don’t want a guy who has been out of the league for multiple years AND had failed at his last stint. Someone desperate who would be willing to take whatever job anyone in the NFL would give him. That is exactly the hiring process Dan had that lead to Vinny and then Bruce as his top exec. That removes someone like Louis Riddick for me. 

I then need to see that person able to make whatever changes he wants in the scouting department, Athletic Training Staff, and then of course being the guy who carries out the hiring process of a new coach. We need to get a constant stream of info coming out about just how much is changing in terms of the structure and hierarchy, how various roles are being empowered as opposed to before, along with the admission that they were wrong at a fundamental, organizational, structural level that belied basic established principles. 

If all of the above occurs, I still won’t really believe in Dan. Then, and only then, will I become skeptical over the current pessimistic attitude I have towards him and how he runs things. I will remain paranoid that Dan will ruin it all at some point with his unwarranted interference and destruction of hierarchy at a moment’s notice, but nonetheless, I would be rooting for the new hires to succeed while assuming their titles/roles are allowed to be fulfilled until ANY signs indicate otherwise. But that’d be a big step up from the apathy and total lack of hope I have right now in Dan and Bruce. 

The other problem is, regardless of how you feel about Haskins, it’s never a good thing to begin a total reset at GM and HC with a young QB who is, at best, a 50/50 boom/bust prospect in place they’re essentially forced to work with. They should be allowed to choose and Dan can’t make that a condition. He can’t even make that a reason to incline towards one GM over another during the process, it simply has to be the best and the brightest.

If only some portion of the above occurs? I don’t think I’ll buy into it and I’ll be expecting the new guy/s to be set up for failure, per the norm. Just more eye rolling and frustration while so many target them wrongly as their strengths diminish and weaknesses get highlighted, instead of asking why we aren’t an organization that does the opposite and elevates its hires with any consistency. 😕 

I know, I know... Debbie downer. I’m sorry guys. I am enjoying the hope that Bruce’s removal gives us for now that all the above occurs. Until it doesn’t, I’m going to hope it does. :) 

I agree with most of what you said. I'm advocating for the Riddick to at least get a look. I mean he was fired by Vinny for god's sake. I do admit I'm not up on who are candidates going into next year. But I'd be scouring the Ravens, Patriot and Kansas City front offices tomorrow. And that GM will have the authority to hire his head coach. That way you know they're not coming in with different philosphys. We'll see. But first please let me wake up to breaking news showing a video of Bruce's UHaul truck parked outside of Redskins' park.

1 hour ago, joeken24 said:

I agree with most of what you said. I'm advocating for the Riddick to at least get a look. I mean he was fired by Vinny for god's sake. I do admit I'm not up on who are candidates going into next year. But I'd be scouring the Ravens, Patriot and Kansas City front offices tomorrow. And that GM will have the authority to hire his head coach. That way you know they're not coming in with different philosphys. We'll see. But first please let me wake up to breaking news showing a video of Bruce's UHaul truck parked outside of Redskins' park.

My problem with Louis Riddick is that he’s been out of the league for quite some time now, doesn’t have anyone in the NFL knocking on his door, and failed at his last stint with the Eagles. Remember, he was a big part of that “Dream Team” they assembled that eventually lead to Andy Reid’s downfall. 

As if that weren’t enough, he threw Jay under the bus earlier in the year for putting Haskins in during the Giants game after Keemun got hurt. There is an underlying organizational issue with that, regardless of whether or not it’s the correct position. He’s a media head, so maybe he was just attention grabbing, but dude has been angling for a Front Office position for a long time. Add in that he was a part of the operation before under Dan, so it said to me that he felt that’s what Dan would like to hear.  

Perhaps the biggest issue with the way Dan has structured this organization is that people can thrive not based off of results, but off of creating factions that get him on their side. Riddick seems like he’d fit perfectly with that. I want people here who feel tied to the hip with each other and have no other choice but to be loyal. People who don’t point fingers but instead support each other at all costs. 

So too many flags there for me. 

That’s the inherent problem with even elevating say, Schaffer, like @ConnSKINS26 pointed out. Why should Schaffer feel any loyalty to anyone other than Dan? He’s been able to survive there for a long, long time. I feel the same way about Larry Hess, the head of the Athletic Training Staff. There’s just too much there where they can skirt accountability or are too comfortable with Dan to where he can undermine them whenever he wants with ease (granted, he’ll do it either way, he’s the owner, but I think the more he’s surrounded by competent people he’s not comfortable with the harder it becomes to undermine). 

So, yeah, Riddick will be a very, very disappointing hire to me. That’s simply how I view it, doesn’t mean he’d fail. And maybe he’s learned enough and has changed some things for the better... but that’s tough to put much hope in. This hasn’t been an organization where people come from previous failures and improve. 

7 hours ago, SkinsFTW said:

He still doesn't realize that he's too dumb to overrule the entire scout team and choose the QB himself after 20 years of idiocy (like Haynesworth, McNabb, RG3, etc), even with a stacked deck of yesmen in house already they still didn't all agree with him,  and you think the lightbulb might go off? 

:rofl89:

The eternal optimist....🤣

10 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

@TK

Any feel for what happens with Bruce?

Yes. :)

See the opening post in the Game Day Thread. ;) 

But things are always in motion, & can change on a whim. Right now, I think he either "resigns" by end of the week or rides it out til the end of the season & "retires". 

As soon as the small hope of a divisional win is erased, it gets replaced with the small hope of Brucie ****ing off.  We've lived on hope for too long now Dan.  Make it happen.

I've had a gut feeling that Bruce is going to be made to retire for a while now. I obviously have absolutely no insight into it, just reading the tea leaves.

I don't think anything will happen this week.  Why would losing a close game, to a 9-3 green Bay team, as 13.5 point underdogs be the breaking point?  Things were "red hot" after this loss, but not after getting blasted by the pathetic Jets??  Doesn't make sense.

I hope it's true that BA is out, but I don't see it happening anytime soon.  Hope I'm wrong.

57 minutes ago, London Kev said:

As soon as the small hope of a divisional win is erased, it gets replaced with the small hope of Brucie ****ing off.  We've lived on hope for too long now Dan.  Make it happen.

I've had a gut feeling that Bruce is going to be made to retire for a while now. I obviously have absolutely no insight into it, just reading the tea leaves.

After you open Pandora's Box, the best thing you have left is hope.

Image result for pandora's box

22 minutes ago, KillBill26 said:

Things were "red hot" after this loss, but not after getting blasted by the pathetic Jets??  Doesn't make sense.

I was thinking the exact same thing.

It'd be like the owner of the white star line hiring a submersible to visit the wreck of the titanic and losing his mind when the operator bumped the ship and put a hole in it. 

At this point shouldn't he have at least been emotionally prepared that we we would most likely lose and that a 5 point loss on the road to a 9 and 3 team is actually pretty good?

I want bruce gone and changes made as much as the next guy but again if the owner is this wildly irrational it won't make any difference. 

Such a sad state of affairs. We are so beat down as a fan base or greatest joy is someone getting fired which is leading to a bunch of gallows humor. 

Don;t get me wrong, it is all well deserved and funny as hell. But still it's sad that such a strong fan-base has been beat down so badly by a bad combination of incompetence and arrogance. 

Archived