Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Bruce Allen/GM Thread

Makaveli

I've said for the last week plus that I believe Allen would be gone, but by "retirement" to avoid a firing or 'mutually parting ways" but it's highly doubtful that Allen would "retire" this week. 

Nobody knows for sure except that there's no way Snyder can justify Allen's employment anymore. His organization is ruined. His business is gushing blood. The NFL is not happy. The minority owners are not happy. The fan and customer base absolutely loathes everything associated with Allen and Snyder. 

It's time. Friendships and name legacies be damned. Do the right thing, Dan. Do the thing you should have done a long time ago. 

This morning on the Junkies, Lurch said he has a source that told him major shake up coming January.  Who knows but they were talking about it because they are having LaCanfora on this morning at 8:00 to grill him on his story.  Meanwhile, they're talking about maybe something happening as early as this week.

I posed this elsewhere but it fits better here.  If Laconfora's article is right then we got the departing GM spearheading the coaching search.  Though I recall a similar thing with Cerrato, I recall him being a huge Shanny guy so I'd bet he pushed it ironically. 

Talk about Dan doing it backwards and weird.

I admit I do take some satisfaction with all the talk about how coaches apparently not only don't care for Bruce but don't like the "weird" FO structure.   Both topics were debated on this thread by me and others versus some who disagreed for years.  We contended that this FO structure isn't normal.  And apparently plenty in the NFL agree.

5 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I posed this elsewhere but it fits better here.  If Laconfora's article is right then we got the departing GM spearheading the coaching search.  Though I recall a similar thing with Cerrato, I recall him being a huge Shanny guy so I'd bet he pushed it ironically. 

Talk about Dan doing it backwards and weird.

I admit I do take some satisfaction with all the talk about how coaches apparently not only don't care for Bruce but don't like the "weird" FO structure.   Both topics were debated on this thread by me and others versus some who disagreed for years.  We contended that this FO structure isn't normal.  And apparently plenty in the NFL agree.

I can't for the life of me understand how anyone thinks that the way this team operates is normal.

2 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I can't for the life of me understand how anyone thinks that the way this team operates is normal.

I can't recall anyone ever defending that it's normal, but more that it's okay not to be normal - because normal doesn't always work. 

Many of us called it the day Scot was fired, that nobody would truly replace him, Bruce would be elevated and Doug would receive a 'promotion' to be the shield for Dan and Bruce.  Over time, that blew up in their faces (shocker!) because Doug gets a little loose at the lips and hasn't really helped in the scenarios they thought he would.  So we haven't heard from him in a while.  But I speak from experience in saying there were definitely some folks here defending this structure and pointing fingers at guys like me, as if I'm the loon for not believing the Redskins were going to break new ground in successfully structuring a front office.

2 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I can't recall anyone ever defending that it's normal, but more that it's okay not to be normal - because normal doesn't always work. 

It's okay to not fit in the norm - agreed.

It's not okay to not fit in the norm for years and years and fall way below the league mean for performance and continue to stay away from SOP.

2 minutes ago, KDawg said:

It's okay to not fit in the norm - agreed.

It's not okay to not fit in the norm for years and years and fall way below the league mean for performance and continue to stay away from SOP.

I agree in the sense that normal doesn't always work.  I just can't get behind Dan Snyder's Redskins led by Bruce Allen being the organization to go against the grain and do things their way. 

Laconfora just now on 106.7. 

Asking around the FO structure here was mocked as for how it works including:

The checks and balances 

The Team VP with all the power

The Team VP with the pipeline to the owner

All of which among other things have led to a toxic environment including infighting, personality clashes, tug of wars for power, etc.  

And coaches with other possibilities have no interest in a front office structured that way.   If Dan is going to try to sell that the FO works he said good luck getting any of the top candidates types.   He'd have no shot.  He said Dan also has to make the decision of whether he's willing to let Bruce go to have a shot at any of these type of candidates. 

He's hearing that Bruce might be let go.   He's hearing a buzz about it.  League meetings this week might drive it.   But he's not reporting it because Dan is the type who will ruminate on things and might change his mind.    He will believe it when it actually happens as opposed to relying on what he's hearing for now. 

David Shaw apparently would seriously consider an NFL job, he doesn't think he would here though.  He speculated that if Bruce thinks he can land a big fish HC name like Shaw that Dan would reward him by keeping him part of the team so to speak. 

1 hour ago, redskinss said:

I want bruce gone and changes made as much as the next guy but again if the owner is this wildly irrational it won't make any difference. 

YEAR 21 OF DAN SNYDER'S DUMPSTER FIRE, he believes that he knows better than every person that he hired to do their jobs on who the future QB should be. After every moronic move he's been behind for 20 years he still truly believes that he's not Wile E Coyote.

Bruce Allen being gone is great, because he never should have been hired in the first place but we're still back at 1999 where Dan Snyder has no ****ing clue what he's doing but he knows exactly how to fix it therefore nothing has really changed.

What could possibly go wrong?

26V.gif

I would be good with David Shaw. Bruce Allen still being part of the team would be tough to swallow. 

Ultimately, they need a facelift and that does mean it is time. 

Still....

They got a good thing going with drafting right now, and I would like to see that continue. 

Although the Redskins may have Shaw on their shortlist of preferred coaches, the organization could very well struggle to land the head coach of their choice. According to Finlay, the Redskins current front office structure has made potential candidates wonder whether they could be successful in the organization.

The Redskins will have a new head coach in 2020, but that seems to be the only thing that's certain about the entire process.

4 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Dan is the type who will ruminate on things and might change his mind.   

This. 

This is why no one can say for certain when it’ll happen. Guys can get a feel for where’s it’s leaning, but until Dan pulls the trigger, all we’ve got is hope that he will. 

1 minute ago, Boss_Hogg said:

I don't understand this dicking around from Snyder. if your going to fire bruce, then ****ing do it! Get going on the evaluations. 

But firing his puppet means that he's going to have to actually face the media and address the fans of the team that hes supposed to be be trying to win for.

Snyder always said that he doesn't make the same mistake twice. He's made the same mistake for 20 entire seasons this time and wants to crawl into a cave because the reality is too much to take.

Doug Williams will be used to make the announcement 

4 minutes ago, SkinsFTW said:

But firing his puppet means that he's going to have to actually face the media and address the fans of the team that hes supposed to be be trying to win for.

Snyder always said that he doesn't make the same mistake twice. He's made the same mistake for 20 entire seasons this time and wants to crawl into a cave because the reality is too much to take.

Forcing him to sell?

8 minutes ago, SkinsFTW said:

Dan's interviews from 10 years or ago or so when he said he was young and foolish but now he gets it -- haven't aged well.  They are super embarrassing now. 

I think Dan has hit new lows under Bruce.  Under Vinny he at least had the guts to face the music once in a blue moon.  And his dysfunction could be at times entertaining.  

Now, Dan comes off scared to face the music, even more removed from his fan base and the dysfunction comes off more sleazy.  

Archived