Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Bruce Allen/GM Thread

Makaveli

47 minutes ago, SkinsFTW said:

Competent or not if he's his best buddy then who do you think will be making roster decisions when he sees a guy who "can't miss" on sportscenter?

I think Dan is always going to mess with the roster "sometimes" especially at QB.  That and other things from him will always weaken the product.  I think where we disagree is you think he interferes all the time  and with everything.   To me "sometimes" is plenty enough to mess up the soup especially if its at QB.  

But my hope is the sometimes where Dan doesn't interfere.  The dude who is in charge does a better job than Bruce.   

I am not counting on it.  But I am not in the camp of bring Bruce back because either it will be worse or the same so what's the point.  I've personally had enough of Bruce.  He to me has reached cringe worthy heights so yeah count me full 100% into the idea of removing him from that FO.  I'll take my chances.   

53 minutes ago, Boss_Hogg said:

Doc Walker basically said that Dan feels comfortable with Bruce, stadium deal or not. Reiterates he does not expect a change

Who knows

Heck even the ones saying they think Dan makes a change all suggest Dan doesn't want to do it.  It comes off more than he's just comfortable with Bruce but he actually would kill for Bruce to stay.  So the question seems more is Dan willing to give up his BFF to appease the fan base-sales.   Last year the answer was a loud no.  This year it seems like he might.

Keim and Finlay talked about it today on Keim's podcast.  they both said it felt late in the year in 2018 to both of them that Bruce stays.  Now they said it feels differently and they think he goes but both don't see it as slam dunk. 

First it was Trent Williams last week then the coaching search stuff and agents expressing refusal to come here.  Maybe these are the tipping points for Snyder and as ridiculous as it seems that he is unaware, the reason for a needed change over the last week.  Then again maybe somebody got him talking after he got drunk Sunday night and he really didn't mean it.  🤣

9 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I think Dan is always going to mess with the roster "sometimes" especially at QB.  That and other things from him will always weaken the product.  I think where we disagree is you think he interferes all the time  and with everything.   To me "sometimes" is plenty enough to mess up the soup especially if its at QB.  

But my hope is the sometimes where Dan doesn't interfere.  The dude who is in charge does a better job than Bruce.   

I am not counting on it.  But I am not in the camp of bring Bruce back because either it will be worse or the same so what's the point.  I've personally had enough of Bruce.  He to me has reached cringe worthy heights so yeah count me full 100% into the idea of removing him from that FO.  I'll take my chances.   

Agree he doesn't meddle in everything but if he is just allowed to make personnel moves at QB, he can and has setback this team for over 20 years beginning with bringing in Jeff George over Brad Johnson who then went on to win a SB with another team.  That's why we've had one of the best punters in the league vs a revolving door at QB because that position isn't sexy enough for him to mingle with nor give a move the merit of saying "see i know what i'm doing to pick winners".

If I have to allow an incompetent Dr to perform a surgery on my body it will be on my pinky toe not my heart or brain.

8 minutes ago, RabidFan said:

Agree he doesn't meddle in everything but if he is just allowed to make personnel moves at QB, he can and has setback this team for over 20 years beginning with bringing in Jeff George over Brad Johnson who then went on to win a SB with another team.  That's why we've had one of the best punters in the league vs a revolving door at QB because that position isn't sexy enough for him to mingle with nor give a move the merit of saying "see i know what i'm doing to pick winners".

If I have to allow an incompetent Dr to perform a surgery on my body it will be on my pinky toe not my heart or brain.

I agree 100%.  I've made the same point before.  If all he does is mess with Qb, its plenty.  I do think he messes with more than just QB but people who have worked there of late, reporters, etc have said Dan doesn't meddle as much as he used to and lets Bruce call many of the shots.

But yeah Dan meddles plenty enough to spoil the soup.    And I make the point really for just one reason and that is i am convinced Bruce brings his own set of problems.  I don't think Bruce is purely some robot who just does whatever Dan asks him to do 24-7.  I do think that's the case sometimes but not all the time.

1 hour ago, Boss_Hogg said:

Doc Walker just said he expects Bruce to be back in 2020

I wouldn't take too much of what Doc says as too serious. Galdi combats him with JLC's rep lately. Doc is basically saying that we have no sources (funny because JLC is known as the sourcerer) and we live in an era where anybody can say anything without backing it up. So basically he'll believe it when he sees it. That's the same kind of response most of us have right now - towards both Allen and Snyder for me. But most of the segment was on Shaw more than Allen. 

But it was more of a segment than anything else to me, With Galdi and Doc taking different sides of the issue for radio. It sounded similar to the Callihan stuff they argue about, one being optimistic and one being realistic. 

Just now, Csup said:

I get the feeling Bruce stays.  It’s not like the fan base started eroding recently.  So why would the midget make a change now?    

What do you think he can do to save his job?  I see a few options:

1) Promise Dan he will trade TW for First round picks

2) Make a deal with Cleveland to get OBJ

3) Fix the Alex Smith situation.  If he can play, I say trade him to a team that needs a QB, like Jacksonville or Minnesota

4) Clean house at TE.  Prioritize getting one.  

5) Cut or trade the following players to fix the cap:
Norman (12.5 million)
Kerrigan (11.75 million)
Reed (8 million)
Moses (4.8 million)
6) With the created cap space\new draft capital, fill those holes.

7) Bath himself in crown royal

8 ) Hire the right coach.  Maybe we can get Tomlin.  His roster is a mess (so he might want out) and yet he gets the most out of him!

13 hours ago, thesubmittedone said:

The news coming out now is exciting and worthy of our celebratory tone, for sure... but I just have way too high of a standard now, especially for someone like Dan. 

First, I agree with every word of your post.

So, let me summarize:

You want:

1. Bruce gone.

2. Don't want a guy who's been out of the league who has failed.

3. You do want (you don't spell it out here, but you've said it before) a qualified up-and-coming executive who will be given autonomy, responsibility and authority. 

4. You want that person to make changes to the entire organization, scouting, training staff, hot dog vendors, the whole shebang. 

5. You want that person to run the coaching search

However, I think what you're asking for is something like having an orgy with Sophie Turner, Natalie Dormer, Jennifer Lawrence, Selena Gomez and Ariana Grande. You listed 5 smoking hot desires, I counter with 5 smoking hot desires.  While I appreciate the desire, I think you should probably settle for the hot girl at the end of the bar and be happy with it.  Which is Bruce fired.  Because I doubt all of your wishes are going to come true.  

Just my $.02.  But shoot for the stars, man.  Shoot for the stars.  :)

2 hours ago, Boss_Hogg said:

Doc Walker just said he expects Bruce to be back in 2020

Very important rule.  Never listen to anything Doc says. 

Once you accept this rule, your life will be better.  

You can thank me later.  

44 minutes ago, hatchetwound said:

What do you think he can do to save his job?  I see a few options:

1) Promise Dan he will trade TW for First round picks

2) Make a deal with Cleveland to get OBJ

3) Fix the Alex Smith situation.  If he can play, I say trade him to a team that needs a QB, like Jacksonville or Minnesota

4) Clean house at TE.  Prioritize getting one.  

5) Cut or trade the following players to fix the cap:
Norman (12.5 million)
Kerrigan (11.75 million)
Reed (8 million)
Moses (4.8 million)
6) With the created cap space\new draft capital, fill those holes.

7) Bath himself in crown royal

8 ) Hire the right coach.  Maybe we can get Tomlin.  His roster is a mess (so he might want out) and yet he gets the most out of him!

I don’t look at it as what can he do to keep his job.  He’s kept his job for 10 years despite abysmal results.  

The question is - how can he lose his job?  Maybe if he gave Synder a booster seat as a holiday gifts and labeled it :To Squirt. From: Big Bruce there would be a 50/50 chance  BA would be fired. 

Just now, Csup said:

I don’t look at it as what can he do to keep his job.  He’s kept his job for 10 years despite abysmal results.  

The question is - how can he lose his job?  Maybe if he gave Synder a booster seat as a holiday gifts and labeled it :To Squirt. From: Big Bruce there would be a 50/50 chamnce BA would he fired. 

Two words: Squatty Potty

*Galette yup. Said he's passing along info he got from an "insider". I don't expect Junior to necessarily ascribe to the same journalistic practices as actual reporters in terms of accurately reporting info, not exaggerating or taking an uncorroborated source too seriously. But FWIW it seems the info he got was rather definitive (*will* clean house).

More from Junior. This one open to interpretation.

image.png.0cf81f7e7d319cbe2a46959026eb403a.png

Archived