Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Bruce Allen/GM Thread

Makaveli

Just now, RandyHolt said:

He said the Pats fans took over our stadium because how good their franchise has been, that skins fans sold tickets to people in the northeast (at a profit or some ****.)

The next reporter DROPPED the ball and didn't point out every game has our stadium over run.

I know I was screaming at my computer. Every freaking game at FedEx is overrun with opposing teams fans, even teams from 3000 miles away

4 minutes ago, mudpig said:

One reporter was mistaken.  The success in Oakland and Tampa wasn't him.  Tampa bombed hard when he was in charge after their SB.  I don't recall all of Oakland's particulars but he wasn't responsible for their success.  Just happened to be around.  Straight garbage.  

That question infuriated me. She needed to keep up the drumbeat the others were getting into but instead actually credited him with some sort of success and made it about Callahan, as if that matters. The others got it back on track though

1 minute ago, Llevron said:

I actually dont think im going to watch anymore games this season. The only thing Ill be missing is Haskins but even that is pointless at this point. 

Just watch different teams.  That's what I've been doing.  You know how much fun it is to watch Sideshow Bob in KC play?  

4 minutes ago, Vanguard said:

If Bruce was able to bring in an Andy Reid (hypothetical).  You’re telling me we couldn’t win with him?

Andy Reid wouldn't be Andy Reid if he was forced to work in a culture promoted by Allen and Snyder. The same goes for Belichick. All great coaches need support from the top. That's where everything starts.

I might have to say no more games.  I will just infuriated when they do win their 3 games this year.  Maybe I'll check in if I see they are getting demolished and enjoy that.  Any team can pay some $$$ and get 7-9 wins here and there, means nothing at all.  The hard part is being solid all the way through and consistent.  Thanks Snyder!  Billions arent enough but you just have to have the F'ing team and ruin them for your ego.  

4 minutes ago, kwitt said:

My only hope is the NFL steps in at some point.  

They wont. Snyder is one of the good old boys. They protect each other.

2 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Just watch different teams.  That's what I've been doing.  You know how much fun it is to watch Sideshow Bob in KC play?  

Or watch redzone instead. You will see every score the Skins make. Which isn't many.

Here is my quick summary of the presser if anyone missed it, or does not want to hear or see him in action.

Presser Summary

Keim with the first question - couldn't hear him.  Bruce answers working towards the Dolphins game and finishing the season

Plan at QB - Callahan decides who is the QB.  Ask him later.

JP: No success in your tenure - whats your level of accountability.  We are all involved, don't want to hide. All we can do is work, stadium workers... we all care.

Jay not fired for Cause.

Primary decision maker - 38% wins - what would you have done differently.  Never planned on coaching change. All we can do is improve.

Dan not addressing the fans - because Bruce is.  Dan makes himself avail time to time.

Success in Oak and Tampa. What is the plan for DC.  Bill implementing a plan.

Drafting Haskins - all on same page. Coaches in draft meetings and sign off on everything. Jay was excited about Haskins.

Stadium overrun. Can you apologize to fans? And what will you do to make things better. Spins it to being Patriots just being a strong team. Our fans made $ on selling tickets to people in the NE. 

How will you evaluate coaching search.  Talk later in year. 

Trent - yeah he is not here - no dialogue. No consideration to trading him.

No on field success - culture is DAMN good.  Young guys came from winning culture. We got Landon. How does culture translate to wins - winning!

Over the decade culture building - Got Scot, Gruden. Nothing has worked, why so hard to set culture.  6-3 last year - it was working damn good. have to work to win.

Just now, clskinsfan said:

They wont. Snyder is one of the good old boys. They protect each other.

I don't know if that many owners like him as his actions tend to give owners a bad name.  He appears paranoid and reclusive.

However, he does have Jerruh in his corner and he carries a lot of weight.  Why would Jerruh want to get rid of Dan?  As long as he owns the Redskins, Jerruh and the boys only have to compete against 2 other teams in the division.  We are what the Cardinals used to be in the NFC East.  Thanks Dan.

JP Finlay: "Bruce you've held numerous positions here with the Redskins, what's your level of accountability for the lack of success the team has been experiencing?"

Bruce: "We're all 0-5 and play a part, I'm not trying to hide from our record."

This guy cannot leave fast enough. Theres only two people that are the issue and that's him and the owner. Pointing the finger at everyone is chicken ****

3 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Bruce Allen has the direct attention of the national media after that slimefire of a presser. He will not be able to hide anymore without Gruden standing in front

I think he just slimmed away out of sight for the next 4 years.

Callahan will be pushed up front and center, taking over Jay's old 2nd role as PR guy, no doubt.

Just now, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Buwhahahha.  Thanks for reminding me about that part.  Nobody slathers a dog with mustard like Reggie in section 125, nobody!

Bruce basically blamed the concession workers for putting too much ketchup on the dogs that Bruce bought from some weird dude selling them out of the back of his truck.

1 minute ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

JP Finlay: "Bruce you've held numerous positions here with the Redskins, what's your level of accountability for the lack of success the team has been experiencing?"

Bruce: "We're all 0-5 and play a part, I'm not trying to hide from our record."

This guy cannot leave fast enough. Theres only two people that are the issue and that's him and the owner. Pointing the finger at everyone is chicken ****

Bruce: "We're all 0-5 and play a part, I'm not trying to hide from our record but it’s obviously not my fault.

Archived