Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Bruce Allen/GM Thread

Makaveli

Just now, volsmet said:

If a football team plays a game at redskins park, and nobody is there to see it, is their owner a douchebag.

The Patriots were there yesterday. So one football team played a game yesterday. Their fans saw it.

Not sure who the other team out there was, but it sure as **** wasn't the team I've grown to love over the years.

Just now, mudpig said:

I want to call into 980 and ask them how much do you guys get for PR?  I am curious.  Get that money B-mitch   I aint even mad.  

I'm not sure what it is with BMitch but he's always been a coach killer on the radio, no matter the circumstances.  He's very Doc-ish with all the rah rah tough guy crap.  I loved the guy as a football player, but I can't remember the last time he provided valuable insight or analysis into anything whatsoever.  He speaks to that segment of the fan base that swoons for nostalgia but has no appetite for current reality.

2 minutes ago, KDawg said:

it sure as **** wasn't the team I've grown to love over the years.

I actually feel like I have grown to hate this team. I loved them more when I first started following them without a doubt. 

And its not cause of the losses. I can take those. Im a Wiz fan. Its all the other stuff. 

I need a drink

Just now, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I'm not sure what it is with BMitch but he's always been a coach killer on the radio, no matter the circumstances.  He's very Doc-ish with all the rah rah tough guy crap.  I loved the guy as a football player, but I can't remember the last time he provided valuable insight or analysis into anything whatsoever.  He speaks to that segment of the fan base that swoons for nostalgia but has no appetite for current reality.

Been listening to him today...I get the rah rah tough guy bit but...this team needs someone tough.  That's one of the reasons Jay got canned, too soft, too nice.  

Can't really blame BMitch for feeling that way, he played for Gibbs 1.  And he said it himself, Gibbs wasn't a yeller but he got his point across and everyone knew what was up.  

Swoons for nostalgia?  No appetite for the current reality?  C'mon maaaaaaan, that's each and every one of us.  We want it to be the 80s again and can't stomach how bad this franchise has become.

4 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

probably the years and current coke usage maybe.  Dude sounds wired.  LOL  He seems a little off if you ask me.  Loved him as a player too. his insight is strange.  I love the nostalgia stuff for sure.  He isn't near as hard on Dan as he should be right now.  I have to assume $$$for good PR.  Part of the biz.  Lots of this world is a lie sadly.

Bruce Allen is an extension of Snyder, and Snyder isn't firing himself.  Bruce is simply Vinny Cerrato 2.0.  He's Danny's faceguy, spokesguy, bag man, squash partner...Dan Snyder doesn't have the maturity or emotional intelligence to figure this out.  He never will.  There is no hope until Snyder is gone.

24 minutes ago, FrFan said:

This clown managed to avoid any scrutiny and accountability. Worst of all the medias keep on writing how bad he is but when it's time to tell him face to face no one does.

Oh no they did. Slimy douchebag blamed everyone esle and just stammered out bull****. It was clear he had no intention whatsoever of giving them any kind of straight answer.

1 minute ago, Llevron said:

I actually feel like I have grown to hate this team. I loved them more when I first started following them without a doubt. 

And its not cause of the losses. I can take those. Im a Wiz fan. Its all the other stuff. 

I need a drink

Last year I was apathetic.  This year, yeah I openly hate this franchise solely because of Dan and Bruce.  I don't watch anymore but I hope they lose every game in embarrassing fashion.

6 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Any hope that this franchise is learning from their mistakes. 

OK, wasn't sure what you meant.  Sadly, that's probably true.   Listening to different people who cover the team they all converge on the same point including even today and that is that Dan-Bruce still don't get their problem with the fans and they think it will blow over.  Amazing.

My only hope is removing Bruce takes away one big layer of the delusion.  Based at least on people who cover the team, I don't get the impression that Bruce is primarily just carrying out Dan's orders -- though that does happen as part of the soup -- but Bruce adds his own stamp into the dysfunction in his sadly own unique way.   My only hope is that we luck out that Dan gets a new PFF who is classy and competent and then hope that it rubs off on Dan.  I am not optimistic though that it goes down. 

I wish all of us could just select another team we all agree to root for, and still use this forum.

I mean really, this is the best forum out there. We should all jump ship together and pretend like the Redskins don't even exist.

(i know this is impossible, I'm just existentially pissed off) 

It is unbelievable how many people out there support this slimebag.  It is unbelievable how many on this forum supported this slimebag for so long.  Bruce Allen is a snake of all snakes, and the only reason Dan Snyder could get along with someone like that is because he's one too.

The Jets game will open the last crusty eyes.  The jets are terrible and its not a rivalry game, they wont travel.  Redskins fans wont show up.  I suspect it will be the worst attended Redskins game in history and it will be glorious.

7 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Been listening to him today...I get the rah rah tough guy bit but...this team needs someone tough.  That's one of the reasons Jay got canned, too soft, too nice.  

Can't really blame BMitch for feeling that way, he played for Gibbs 1.  And he said it himself, Gibbs wasn't a yeller but he got his point across and everyone knew what was up.  

I don't hate the guy, but he still doesn't offer anything other than rah-rah tough guy BS - is that fair to say?  I've never heard him provide any detail about why things are the way they are, other than there isn't enough discipline.  And that's from regime to regime.

This team needs more than someone just being tough.  This team needs jesus.  

Swoons for nostalgia?  No appetite for the current reality?  C'mon maaaaaaan, that's each and every one of us.  We want it to be the 80s again and can't stomach how bad this franchise has become.

What we want it to be vs. what it is are two entirely different things though.  

Archived