Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Bruce Allen/GM Thread

Makaveli

1 minute ago, megared said:

What scares me is that he could really just be the front man for Snyder's meddling.  

Now I've gotta root for them to go 0-16.  If that doesn't get him out of here, nothing will.  

I’d much rather go 0-16 than 11-5 this season.

I have to hand it to the media today; they were not the spineless pansies I expected them to be. Some good, straightforward questions that needed to be asked. Yes, we knew Bruce would skirt them and not answer them, but the questions still needed to be there on record. 

Bruce's 38 percent winning percentage. 

The total destruction of the fan base. 

Every game's an away game.

Why he needs to apologize to the fan base (which he didn't do).

Etc., etc. 

Good job, media. Bruce as stupefyingly uninspiring as always with his continuous spewing of BS and non-answers. 

And yeah, the fact that he treated the takeover yesterday as an anomaly "because Patriots" says it all. Totally and willfully blind to what's happening and why. 

Bruce escaped the elephant in the room, every game is an away game. It has NOTHING to do with the Patriots, as he made it out to be.  Likely a half ass attempt to blame Jay for it WRT the video.  Our stadium always overrun is our most pressing and glaring sign of MAJOR problems.  I think its a unique dynamic that no US sport has ever seen before.

Too bad no reporter asked about the Rossini report that the team had the video for 3 years.

14 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

Here is my quick summary of the presser if anyone missed it, or does not want to hear or see him in action.

Presser Summary

Plan at QB - Callahan decides who is the QB.  Ask him later.

Yeah. Okay.

Jay not fired for Cause.

I'm not up to date on my corporate terms, what is "cause"? Does this mean not because of the videos?

Success in Oak and Tampa. What is the plan for DC.  Bill implementing a plan.

Bill who? Belichick? That would be dope. I know he doesn't mean Callahan.

Drafting Haskins - all on same page. Coaches in draft meetings and sign off on everything. Jay was excited about Haskins.

There is likely some truth here. But not all of the truth. I still think Jay liked Haskins... just not for him and not for the current direction of the franchise.

Stadium overrun. Can you apologize to fans? And what will you do to make things better. Spins it to being Patriots just being a strong team. Our fans made $ on selling tickets to people in the NE.

Yes. People are routinely doing it.

Trent - yeah he is not here - no dialogue. No consideration to trading him.

No on field success - culture is DAMN good.  Young guys came from winning culture. We got Landon. How does culture translate to wins - winning![/quote]

:ols::ols: :ols: :ols:

The sad part about all this is, and I brought it up last week, before Jay was fired...

This team isn't as bad as their record suggests.  There has always been a likelihood that they end up winning some games down the stretch.  I know it's fun to dream about 0-16 and getting the top pick in the draft.  But the reality has always been that they would win some games this year, just none that mean anything and would only deter from selecting at the top of the draft.

Now, when they win these games, Bruce will get to hang his hat on 'Told Ya So' to Dan and make it appear as if this was all about the head coach.  Even though Jay was only here because of Bruce, I'm sure Dan has forgotten all about that now after so many benders.

Bruce and Dan has taken this fan base from being angry to having apathy.  NOW they are taking it to a new level.  They pushing the fan base into a position of actually rooting against the team.  

This press conference actually made me like Bruce less than before and that is an astonishing achievement.

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Bruce laid on Jay.   Said mistakes have been made.  Then paused and then said on "game day"

I'm legit laughing out loud. I love how he gives the other guys credit for the draft, sites how much they are putting in. He says it in a way where it's obvious he's not trying to paint them as good workers and minds, but for when if something goes awry he blames them.

:ols:

It's comical how predictable all of this is.

Just now, Idaho fan said:

Bruce and Dan has taken this fan base from being angry to having apathy.  NOW they are taking it to a new level.  They pushing the fan base into a position of actually rooting against the team.  

This press conference actually made me like Bruce less than before and that is an astonishing achievement.

I agree. I'm really starting to hate this franchise and brand. It may be time to move on. 

- 38 year fan

3 minutes ago, ShredSkins said:

I kinda want the name and logo changed.

It'd make it easier to move on. 

As much as I think the name change is ridiculous I totally agree with you.  Would be like removing life support and being able to move on.

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

I'm legit laughing out loud. I love how he gives the other guys credit for the draft, sites how much they are putting in. He says it in a way where it's obvious he's not trying to paint them as good workers and minds, but for when if something goes awry he blames them.

:ols:

It's comical how predictable all of this is.

Yeah the way Bruce responded to dude you've been here 10 years how can you explain the futility in all that time -- he starts bringing up Doug and other people implying are you saying they are doing a bad job, let me tell you how hard they work...

It's comical.  He doesn't take the blame for squat.  

Bruce weaseled out of there - he and Dan are toasting right now. We did it, as they dump everything into Callahan's lap.

If our run game and endless penalties are any indicator, Bill will be over his head.

Apparently Bill is in charge of any additional coaching changes. Callahan is now the lightning rod for Manusky, etc.

@KDawg Fired for cause:  Termination for cause generally occurs when an employee makes a severe error in actions or judgment; occurs when an employee's actions in the workplace, interactions with their coworkers, interaction with their manager, or ways in which they treat a customer or vendor are so egregious that they require employment termination

Archived