Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Tax Bill

LadySkinsFan

10 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

My current job prevents that.  And I do still have a family to feed.

Besides, one lonely guy with a pitchfork is a loon.  I'm wondering when this big movement will start?

a lot of our jobs prevent it and we all have families to feed.

These changes dont and wont happen when we are waiting for someone else to do it.

1 minute ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

a lot of our jobs prevent it and we all have families to feed.

These changes dont and wont happen when we are waiting for someone else to do it.

I'm not trying to become another founding father.  Call me whatever names you want but I have things to look out for. 

Where is your pitchfork?  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I'm not trying to become another founding father.  Call me whatever names you want but I have things to look out for. 

Where is your pitchfork?  

I am calling us all out, including me.

We are all sick of what these people are doing to this country. We need to start acting and showing our power instead of waiting for someone else. This is how the super wealthy are winning. 

1 minute ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

I am calling us all out, including me.

We are all sick of what these people are doing to this country. We need to start acting and showing our power instead of waiting for someone else. This is how the super wealthy are winning. 

Noble but who is willing to lead the charge?  Certainly not me.  I will probably be called upon to put down that charge.  Of course I cannot say what my response and orders to others would be though.  When will a group actually stand up though and how do we know (or think) it will be received by the population as a whole?

1 hour ago, redskins59 said:

Like I said, it's just a feeling. Even if it's not inflation, there are things not right with the economy.  You can just feel it.  For example, bitcoins. If bitcoin isn't in a bubble, I am going to be highly, highly shocked.On this message board, you have a thread about Ethereum. 2800% appreciation in a single year?  Seems like the Tulip mania to me.  Everbody and his daddy is now into bitcoins.  Watch as people get burned.

It was 2007 or 2008, when crude oil hit more than $100 a barrel.  CNBC was claiming that it would keep going up.  Of course it tanked and hasn't risen to that level since.

If people have more money in the pocket, they will spend it.  Americans aren't savers.  The tax bill may be bad in the long term for an average person, but in the short term, most people will benefit.  If rich people get most of the benefit, where do you think that money will go?  I say speculative plays.  When you are making a lot of money, you get blinded.  Even if it goes down, many people will not sell.  They will watch as it tanks.

Bubble, inflation, whatever.  The economy is off.  Speculation seems rampant. The VIX has been eerily stable.  

The economy has actually been doing quite well over the last 5 years when you consider the context of the 6 that preceeded it. Unemployment is low, housing is back up, builder confidence is up, base chemical production is up, trade is up, problem bank list dwindling and homes under water have stabilized to a rate that makes sense all things considered.

More importantly people feel better about it and are spending again. Even though things have been good for a while, people didn't seem to feel good about it until recently.

The real issues facing the economy for this administration were, in no particular order:

Wage stagnation, underemployment, distribution of wealth, Healthcare costs and access, higher education costs/automation/technology and globalization in the work force

Sprinkle in a little pay down the debt so the gov't is in a better position for the next crisis.

I don't think this administration is smart enough, or cares enough, to do any of that. They'll get a short term boost in in underemployment and wage stagnation but long term hurt Healthcare and not even address the rest.

I don't see how bitcoin or the alt coins being a bubble has any real matter in the actual economy.

Deregulation and a hyperactive economy with big profit growth in the big sectors is a recipe for corner cutting and the formation of the next crisis. I definitely feel that way and in that aspect share in having concerns.

Run away inflation is not one of them, at this moment. Unless the fed is wrong. They are not immune to being wrong. They tend to know a bit more than yelling-heads on cnbc.

There are a few active posters here that are way more/better informed than me on the subject. They might disagree.

Edited by tshile

Your going to have a great number of people with declining income and healthcare will be getting worse.  With the large numbers this will be happening to and the corresponding depression and anger combined with virtually no mental health care and an abundance of firearms.  I’d not want to be in the demographic they see as the problem.   We will end up seeing a lot more incidents like the softball game shooting.  

1 hour ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Besides, one lonely guy with a pitchfork is a loon.  I'm wondering when this big movement will start?

Never.

As much as everyone ****es the costs and stakes of such a think are high and few people are actually in a position where it's worth it.

They assemble their little social media resistance groups and feel good about it but actively plotting against the government, much less carrying it out, would require a sacrifice I don't think many are willing to actually make.

Of course, the way some people talk it seems many don't understand said risk/sacrifice. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

I think one issue with the economy is that for too long the biggest factor has been employment itself.  Employment will usually cycle back up eventually after a bubble burst/crash....the bigger issue is what kind of jobs are being filled.  Did people find equal paying jobs after the recovery to what they had before?  If not, were they able to get help being re-trained in a different industry.

Something very understated is the inability to just switch industries on the fly when yours becomes obsolete almost over night.  

• Like 1

Well, the bad news is everyone making less than ~250K is ****ed sooner or later.

The good news is that my gf is a doctor and I'm a lawyer so maybe we can outrun the tax increases as they are phased back in.  We're just starting out but it's not inconceivable that in a decade we could be hella money.

I mean that or hopefully it just gets repealed and replaced in 2019.  Dust off that old, failed, Trumper/GOP slogan, re-purpose it.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, nonniey said:

Well some good news then. The Senate actually passed the Tax Bill. Had my doubts for a while given the effective propaganda against it. (To see how effective just look at the this forum).

Quick, let's go to extremeskins and troll people that care about the debt and people losing health care and are against wealth transfers from the bottom to the top and that want to rebuild the infrastructure and protect the environment and on and on. Ya know, cause it's more fun to troll people and claim a victory for my side than actually have principles. 

1 minute ago, DogofWar1 said:

Well, the bad news is everyone making less than ~250K is ****ed sooner or later.

The good news is that my gf is a doctor and I'm a lawyer so maybe we can outrun the tax increases as they are phased back in.  We're just starting out but it's not inconceivable that in a decade we could be hella money.

I mean that or hopefully it just gets repealed and replaced in 2019.  Dust off that old, failed, Trumper/GOP slogan, re-purpose it.

Speaking of propaganda from the GOP, the cost is understated since the GOP plan is to make the tax cuts permanent as soon as possible. 

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, nonniey said:

Well some good news then. The Senate actually passed the Tax Bill. Had my doubts for a while given the effective propaganda against it. (To see how effective just look at the this forum).

Welcome back to the thread. Haven't seen you in a while.  Though, I suppose you rarely see roaches, even though you know they are creeping around in the dark.  

Edited by ExoDus84
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, nonniey said:

Because tax policy centered around supply side economics worked so well the first few times, surely this time it will too. 

man-buries-head-in-dry-earth.jpg?w=1200&

Edited by No Excuses

6 hours ago, nonniey said:

Why is it good news? Why do you support the bill? Short term? Medium Term? Long term?

52 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

Because tax policy centered around supply side economics worked so well the first few times, surely this time it will too. 

Because appealing to shortsighted selfish greed works. It worked for Raygun, it worked for Boosh, and it will work again here. There is a vast demographic that doesn't give one small **** if someone elses kid sickens and dies if it means another $4.65 in their pocket. Now, I know some will see that as hyperbole and exaggeration, and tbh they are right, it would take far less than $4.65.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, nonniey said:

Care to explain why it's good news with numbers and facts?  

Way I see it, we have one of two scenarios.

1) individual cuts all sunset in 7 to 8 years, which means post 2025 revenue neutral bill has individuals tax increase pay for permanent corporate tax cuts

2) individual cuts get extended or at least enough not to increase individual tax burden.  Then we have massive increase on the deficit.

Either way, we now have a system that requires insurance companies to cover preexisting conditions without requiring people to get insurance.

• Like 1