Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Tax Bill

LadySkinsFan

16 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

We've seen how this plays out all ready.  The only question is who & what the GOP will blame when it fails miserably again.

The GOP always passes off economic and fiscal pain into the future so that when Democrats get elected and try clean it up, they get blamed by the voters for the mess.  They are INCREDIBLY good at that. 

Millions of voters think that Bush created a great economy, Obama messed it up, and it has just gotten good again because Trump was elected.   

The GOP understands and appeals to the ignorance of the typical voter in a way that the Democrats will never be able to.  

Edited by Predicto
  • Like 7

2 hours ago, redskins59 said:

They also got rid of the individual mandate.  What's going to happen to health insurance?  When healthy people don't sign up for Obamacare, the sick ones will have to pay more. It may double or triple.

What a bad bill.

And they'll blame it on Obama. 

31 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

Orrin is off his rocker. Needs to be in a box, not the Senate.

FTFY

One of things I have been keeping an eye on is commodities and futures. The first big bite comes in the spring when the ag sector has to plan for the coming year, and the reality that a huge chunk of exports to Mexico have disappeared, along with farm workers not showing up. Pork production is already considering suicide after investing major money in expansion for the Chinese market that went away when dumbass killed the TPP. A big sector of the economy hinges on crop expectations, plantings, yields, margins, etc., and we'll have to see who is willing to toss their hard earned cash in the Repub wishing well (yes I'm looking at you ADM).

1 minute ago, Hersh said:

Who said that and what was the context?

I'd have to go back to see who it was but I was essentially saying the Left should move slightly right on core issues to pick up all of us voters who are disgusted with what our former party (the GOP) has become.  My example was gun control.  Someone posted a link to the Dem Party website and I pointed out two things that if changed, I would seriously consider voting D.  It was part of the discussion of if the Left should move further left to motivate their base or slightly right to steal voters from the GOP. 

4 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I'd have to go back to see who it was but I was essentially saying the Left should move slightly right on core issues to pick up all of us voters who are disgusted with what our former party (the GOP) has become.  My example was gun control.  Someone posted a link to the Dem Party website and I pointed out two things that if changed, I would seriously consider voting D.  It was part of the discussion of if the Left should move further left to motivate their base or slightly right to steal voters from the GOP. 

There won't be 100% agreement on all issues, but you have to go with which group is closer to your beliefs. I'm a Democrat, but I don't say ban all guns, just the ridiculous Rambo level things :)

13 minutes ago, Hersh said:

Who said that and what was the context?

Found it.  It is in the Election 2018 thread.  I can't figure out how to post a link to the specific quote.  PleaseBlitz said (paraphrasing) "the dems aren't going to get your vote.  That's fine."  Now in his defense, at the time, he seemed to think I was a single issue voter.  While I'm not it is a very important topic to me.  And I wasn't saying they should abandon their beliefs on guns, just soften them.  I think the Left could steal a ton of votes from the GOP with a stance of something like "have a national CCW law but require some training to get it along with a few other requirements."  Anyways, it was a conversation about what we thought the Left should do to win more. 

1 minute ago, spjunkies said:

There won't be 100% agreement on all issues, but you have to go with which group is closer to your beliefs. I'm a Democrat, but I don't say ban all guns, just the ridiculous Rambo level things :)

I know that.  But I have to weigh how important things are to me also and I am very pro-gun.  And when their website has several positions I don't agree with, it gives me pause. 

The Dems have been moving Right for decades, just look at how centric Clinton was. Sanders and Clinton moved the platform more Left last year than it's been in a number of years.  Clinton actually had a pretty balanced platform. 

The Republicans have skewed so far Right as to be ridiculous. The Tea Party movement really skewed the party. Any movement that could get rid of the far Right House Whip ruined our country.

1 minute ago, twa said:

H Bush set up the Clinton good yrs.

Are you reading my lips?

I'm aware of the h bush Clinton arguments, on both sides. I was young, didn't pay attention, never cared to look into it

W's was a disaster and Obama cleaned up the mess and anyone who thinks today's situation is the result of trump being elected is an idiot.

The right has been wrong, and loudly so, about economic policy for as long as I've been paying attention. 

They can be a lier or an idiot. Doesn't matter to me. They certainly aren't correct.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Predicto said:

The GOP always passes off economic and fiscal pain into the future so that when Democrats get elected and try clean it up, they get blamed by the voters for the mess.  They are INCREDIBLY good at that. 

Millions of voters think that Bush created a great economy, Obama messed it up, and it has just gotten good again because Trump was elected.   

The GOP understands and appeals to the ignorance of the typical voter in a way that the Democrats will never be able to.  

You have to engage in a completely dishonest form of politics to do this stuff. 

The day Democrats stoop to this level, we will be totally doomed.

Just now, Predicto said:

Actually, Clinton rode the tech boom.  Neither Clinton nor Bush deserves the credit for that one.

That ain't all he rode. 

Just now, tshile said:

W's was a disaster and Obama cleaned up the mess and anyone who thinks today's situation is the result of trump being elected is an idiot.

what did O do to clean up the mess?