Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Tax Bill

LadySkinsFan

1 hour ago, twa said:

My pie got bigger according to the calculator

The calculator isn't determining your piece of the pie.  Just the part of your pie that are going to the government.  That can easily be off set by your actual piece of the pie getting smaller.

(which can come disguised as increased interest rates, inflation, health care costs, etc.)

(Though I suspect you knew that.)

Edited by PeterMP
  • Like 2

I am all for cutting corporate tax rates, just as long as we slash deductions/subsidies to make it close to revenue neutral. This bill does little to none of that, and even goes in the opposite direction to sweeten the deal. 

In 86, Reagan's tax bill was largely crafted by liberal Democrats Bill Bradley and Dan Rostenkowski, and even though Rostenkowski ended up being a crook, even he wouldn't have thrown all the loopholes into this pezzo di merda.

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, Predicto said:

How much more debt are you leaving for your kids?  

Me?....none

The country?....quite a bit

We could cut cost :ols:

Edited by twa

19 minutes ago, brandymac27 said:

What's the Byrd rule all about?  I don't understand why the house has to revote. 

Senate is prohibited from considering "extraneous matter" for reconciliation bills.

The House bill that was passed must differ greatly from what the Senate was going to vote on, I'd guess.

Edit..yep, the GOP house added some extra stuff (one example is they added the ok to using 529 savings for homeschooling).

Morons.

Edited by The Evil Genius
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Senate is prohibited from considering "extraneous matter" for reconciliation bills.

The House bill that was passed must differ greatly from what the Senate was going to vote on, I'd guess.

Edit..yep, the GOP house added some extra stuff (one example is they added the ok to using 529 savings for homeschooling).

Morons.

And the title is suspect too.

1 hour ago, twa said:

Me?....none

The country?....quite a bit

We could cut cost :ols:

And there you see the summary of the Republican position.  

"I bear no responsibility whatsoever for the consequences of my actions"  

"And somebody else can compensate for the damage I claim I'm not responsible for.  (Provided that compensate for it by doing what I want, but won't actually vote for, because I don't want the responsibility for that, either.)."  

Edited by Larry

GOP are beyond corporate whores; they're just flat out thieves.

Reverse robin-hooding the poor and middle class for the last 30+ years. If their base wasn't so lazy and uninformed, **** like this wouldn't see the light of day. They've become masters at financially raping the bulk of this country and getting away it with. There is absolutely no integrity in the GOP. ****ing insane.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Larry said:

"And somebody else can compensate for the damage I claim I'm not responsible for, provided that compensate for it (by doing what I want, but won't actually vote for)." 

If integrity was such a thing in today's GOP, we wouldn't have today's GOP.

35 minutes ago, ExoDus84 said:

GOP are beyond corporate whores; they're just flat out thieves.

Reverse robin-hooding the poor and middle class for the last 30+ years. If their base wasn't so lazy and uninformed, **** like this wouldn't see the light of day. They've become masters at financially raping the bulk of this country and getting away it with. There is absolutely no integrity in the GOP. ****ing insane.

Totally agree with you. That's why every lyric in this song fits them perfectly

Just now, Larry said:

"And somebody else can compensate for the damage I claim I'm not responsible for.  (Provided that compensate for it by doing what I want, but won't actually vote for, because I don't want the responsibility for that, either.)."  

And there you see ignoring cutting costs

The man asked about my kids, not ya'lls :kickcan:

I have a feeling that inflation is about to sky rocket.  

Which would mean that the tax cut won't mean a whole lot.  

The stock market has been on a tear this year. It will come down pretty soon.  

Trump is taking credit for the economy.  Is he going to blame Obama if we have a recession?  I bet we will.

We haven't had a recession for close to a decade now?  It is just unbelievable.

The Republican party knows how to create bubbles.  

4 hours ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

Shameful.  What the hell have we done.  

It's not enough to say "I didn't vote for them", etc.  This is our country.  We are all to blame for this mess.  We have to own it, fix it, and make sure it never happens again.  Anything less is just excuses.  

What a disgusting end to a terrible year.  

At what point to the pitchforks and stuff ACTUALLY start coming out?  

http://www.calculatedriskblog.com/2017/12/fomc-statement-25bps-rate-hike.html?m=1

On a 12-month basis, both overall inflation and inflation for items other than food and energy have declined this year and are running below 2 percent. Market-based measures of inflation compensation remain low; survey-based measures of longer-term inflation expectations are little changed, on balance.

Inflation on a 12‑month basis is expected to remain somewhat below 2 percent in the near term but to stabilize around the Committee's 2 percent objective over the medium term. Near-term risks to the economic outlook appear roughly balanced, but the Committee is monitoring inflation developments closely.

In view of realized and expected labor market conditions and inflation, the Committee decided to raise the target range for the federal funds rate to 1-1/4 to 1‑1/2 percent. The stance of monetary policy remains accommodative, thereby supporting strong labor market conditions and a sustained return to 2 percent inflation.

That's a statement from the fed.

I'd like to add the 2% target and raising rates to meet it based on economic conditions has been in every fed release for the last 5 years.

But please tell me where your numbers come from and justify hyper inflation to me. (If you aren't expecting hyperinflation that's fine)

Edited by tshile

38 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

At what point to the pitchforks and stuff ACTUALLY start coming out?  

When votes stop counting for anything.  2016 was bad, but at least we could hypothetically mulligan it.  But if the will of the voters actively is subverted, if elections are able to rigged through obvious but still legal methods beyond reasonable bounds, I think that's when we start seeing violence.

Also if the Russian investigation is stopped from being completed.  If Trump Saturday Night Massacres the investigation and Republicans just let it go, then **** will start hitting the fan.

1 hour ago, tshile said:

Why is that? The Fed disagrees with you.

Like I said, it's just a feeling. Even if it's not inflation, there are things not right with the economy.  You can just feel it.  For example, bitcoins. If bitcoin isn't in a bubble, I am going to be highly, highly shocked.On this message board, you have a thread about Ethereum. 2800% appreciation in a single year?  Seems like the Tulip mania to me.  Everbody and his daddy is now into bitcoins.  Watch as people get burned.

It was 2007 or 2008, when crude oil hit more than $100 a barrel.  CNBC was claiming that it would keep going up.  Of course it tanked and hasn't risen to that level since.

If people have more money in the pocket, they will spend it.  Americans aren't savers.  The tax bill may be bad in the long term for an average person, but in the short term, most people will benefit.  If rich people get most of the benefit, where do you think that money will go?  I say speculative plays.  When you are making a lot of money, you get blinded.  Even if it goes down, many people will not sell.  They will watch as it tanks.

Bubble, inflation, whatever.  The economy is off.  Speculation seems rampant. The VIX has been eerily stable.