Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Tax Bill

LadySkinsFan

Just now, Hersh said:

I'm not sure he is even in town to vote so they will keep making changes. 

Heard he's back in Walter Reed. They are questioning whether he will be released from his government paid healthcare treatments in time to vote to remove government healthcare for the rest of us.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

Rubio is apparently now a "No."

There is nothing in politics I enjoy more than Marco Rubio putting on his bigboy pants and making a principled stand for a day or two before his will completely collapses.

:ols:

Funnier than when Ron Johnson said he was a no on the tax bill because it wasn't business-friendly enough, for about 10 hours.

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2017/11/how-the-gop-plans-to-get-its-tax-bill-out-of-the-senate.html

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

There is nothing in politics I enjoy more than Marco Rubio putting on his bigboy pants and making a principled stand for a day or two before his will completely collapses.

I wonder what bribe he's holding out for. Susan Collins' price was apparently pretty cheap.

27 minutes ago, Burgold said:

Heard he's back in Walter Reed. They are questioning whether he will be released from his government paid healthcare treatments in time to vote to remove government healthcare for the rest of us.

?.........?..........?

22 minutes ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

One of the most reliable actions in all of government. Mail delivery, Strong Military, Rubio folding like a cheap suit.  Boehner crying was also on the list until he retired. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Here's a nice little tidbit from this lovely bipartisan tax bill.  Supplemental hurricane insurance is deductable, but supplemental wildfire insurance is not. 

Gee, I wonder which state is the one that gets the wildfires (maybe a big one that subdizes the rest of the country with hundreds of billions more in tax dollars every year than it gets back from Washington)?   And just which states get hurricanes all the time?

The GOP is literally motivated by spite.

Edited by Predicto
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Predicto said:

Here's a nice little tidbit from this lovely bipartisan tax bill.  Supplemental hurricane insurance is deductable, but supplemental wildfire insurance is not. 

Gee, I wonder which state is the one that gets the wildfires (maybe a big one that subdizes the rest of the country with hundreds of billions more in tax dollars every year than it gets back from Washington)?   And just which states get hurricanes all the time?

And they will suffer heavy losses in states where these spiteful moves really hurt. We certainly get them in NC but obviously not like you out west. 

On 12/14/2017 at 5:50 AM, DogofWar1 said:

Tax Bill changed to include Rubio's criteria for higher Child deduction for the poor so assume Rubio will now vote for the the bill.

Estate Tax preserved for individuals with 5.5 million or couples of with 11 million or higher.

20 hours ago, visionary said:

Edited by nonniey

I understand that the Republicans wrote it, but do they actually think this tax bill is the best move for the country? That it will spur the growth, pay for itself, and lead rising wages contrary to all historical evidence? Are they conning themselves too or is it just us that they are trying to fool?

Edited by Burgold

On 12/14/2017 at 3:38 PM, Predicto said:

Fine. But the Dems better sack up and implement some payback when the shoe is on the other foot. That’ll take some time though. In the intermediate term, they need to extract a couple of pounds of rural flesh in exchange for supporting the entitlement cuts that the GOP wants to do next. What I’d like to see is a “trade” of cutting subsidies to Amtrak, rural flights and the critical access hospital program to go along with the cuts the GOP wants to food stamps and disability. The critical access hospitals and disability cuts are key because those hospitals are economic lifelines for those communities and a LOT of rural deadbeats switched from welfare to suckling off the public teat via disability. Cutting those would make many rural areas nonviable.

Sadly, they won’t have the stones to do it or something similar because they still think Cletus is going to vote for them. Morons. ?

• Like 1

It really is amazingly stupid that they are cutting taxes to create bigger deficits in the middle of a good economic period. We should be rebuilding the country now and actually paying for what we need. 

The all time biggest of lies is that the GOP has ever been a fiscally responsible party. 

Edited by Hersh
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

If people can't eat, they die regardless of the availability of rural hospitals hospitals. 

I oppose any of the cuts the Republicans are going to enact next year. They should be made to pay at the ballot box. 

You thought I hadn’t thought of that? Nah. ? The food stamp cuts will do a lot of good work too because a lot of rural grocery stores wouldn’t be profitable without it. And don’t forget that MeeMaw is probably going to see her Medicare cut when Paygo gets triggered due to the increases to the debt. I literally can’t wait for them to finish with the tax bill so they can get to entitlements. A LOT of Dump voters are not going to be happy. A lot of the rest of us will be hurt too, but that’s the hand we’ve been dealt so, so be it. 

42 minutes ago, Hersh said:

It really is amazingly stupid that they are cutting taxes to create bigger deficits in the middle of a good economic period. We should be rebuilding the country now and actually paying for what we need. 

The all time biggest of lies is that the GOP has ever been a fiscally responsible party. 

It's exactly what Bush43 did when he got into office.  Inherited a good economy, cut taxes then the GDP from the war covered for a recession until the recession kept growing and growing and could no longer be masked.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, The Sisko said:

Fine. But the Dems better sack up and implement some payback when the shoe is on the other foot. That’ll take some time though. In the intermediate term, they need to extract a couple of pounds of rural flesh in exchange for supporting the entitlement cuts that the GOP wants to do next. What I’d like to see is a “trade” of cutting subsidies to Amtrak, rural flights and the critical access hospital program to go along with the cuts the GOP wants to food stamps and disability. The critical access hospitals and disability cuts are key because those hospitals are economic lifelines for those communities and a LOT of rural deadbeats switched from welfare to suckling off the public teat via disability. Cutting those would make many rural areas nonviable.

Sadly, they won’t have the stones to do it or something similar because they still think Cletus is going to vote for them. Morons. ?

Or because they realize that "I'll match your cuts that harm Americans with more cuts that harm Americans" is nothing more than doing what the Republicans want, but allowing them to blame Democrats for it.  

1 hour ago, Hersh said:

Gov't should spend and lower taxes (accumulate debt) during bad times and pay down debt and raise revenue (higher taxes) to invest in the country during good times.

Think back to the Obama years and the Republican platofmr (austerity, "belt tightening" )

They're as wrong as you can be on government spending, debt and taxes as one could possibly be.

Some of them because they're shills for rich people. Others because they're stupid.

They think the government should run like a household even though the only similarity is they both use the terms budget, debt, and investing.

• Like 4