Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Tax Bill

LadySkinsFan

Just another piece of legislation that will continue to widen the inequalities in our society. 

Nothing left to do but fight for our communities at every level. I quit my job in academia in November, giving up a great career opportunity in Canada, and now I'm back in the US and starting a non-profit to improve STEM education in poor communities in the DMV.

For those of you on this board who have the means to give, please look into local organization and charities that are doing good work in our communities. If our government isn't going to uplift its people, the rest of us will have to.

Edited by No Excuses
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, twa said:

regulations certainly do, compliance cost alone are billions....of course where that money would have went matters.

broken window fallacy might apply

Of course if regulations save more for the country than the compliance costs...This fact is often ignored by the right cause it's an "inconvenient truth."

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Hersh said:

Of course if regulations save more for the country than the compliance costs...This fact is often ignored by the right cause it's an "inconvenient truth."

Oh come on, everyone knows externalities are just a myth used to scare little children into becoming Keynesians.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Hersh said:

IF, and IF this tax bill makes the economy grow the pie gets bigger.

On the other hand.....

12 minutes ago, twa said:

On the other hand.....

The pie gets bigger while the piece for the middle class and poor stays the same size. 

For the record, I am totally for tax reform and cuttting corporate taxes. What they passed here is a mess and we really shouldn’t be cutting taxes in a relatively strong economy. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, twa said:

On the other hand.....

The "pie gets bigger for everyone" argument is faulty, since the Top 1% have it rigged to take a bigger percentage of the pie each time the pie grows, even when it grows by the most slim amounts. 

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Hersh said:

The pie gets bigger while the piece for the middle class and poor stays the same size. 

For the record, I am totally for tax reform and cuttting corporate taxes. What they passed here is a mess and we really shouldn’t be cutting taxes in a relatively strong economy. 

My pie got bigger according to the calculator

1 minute ago, NoCalMike said:

The "pie gets bigger for everyone" argument is faulty, since the Top 1% have it rigged to take a bigger percentage of the pie each time the pie grows, even when it grows by the most slim amounts. 

aren't they the highest taxed?

1 hour ago, Hersh said:

Quoted for truth

This liberal right here has repeatedly said that we needed to lower the USA corporate tax rate to be more competitive with other countries.  But this stinker of a bill is every other bad, regressive idea the GOP has ever had, all rolled up into one giant ball of poo that is going to explode the debt, hurt the middle class and the poor, and benefit only the wealthy.   It's not tax reform - its robbery of the treasury to gift the currently wealthy at the expense of the next generation.

1 hour ago, twa said:

My pie got bigger according to the calculator

How much more debt are you leaving for your kids?  

Edited by Predicto
  • Like 4

10 minutes ago, Predicto said:

How much more debt are you leaving for your kids?  

As always, it will be the Democrats job to fix the GOP's debt exploding, deficit spending governance.

I really don't have anything nice to say about the GOP or the suckers who keep voting for them. This country has seen a massive explosion in inequality since supply side economics was put in effect. Three decades later, somehow we're still not done with it. 

****ing baby boomers.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1