Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

6 hours ago, TryTheBeal! said:

99% of the forum:  “I’m a little bit concerned about the USPS getting kneecapped 3 months before the election.

CC84:  “Just walk to the end of your driveway, losers!”

No ****...I have NEVER mailed anything from my mailbox...

And on another front: isn't mail tampering a federal offense? 

LOCK HIM UP!! 

28 minutes ago, DCranon21 said:

Something to monitor here. Sounds like the GOP is in a revolt especially with that candidate in Georgia who is full blown QAnon

Click here - Discontent with McCarthy rises as GOP considers a possible post-Trump world

Pfffttt. Even if they were in revolt. Nothing there would change until after an election if they lost bigly. 

No hoping the GOP will do this or that and tear themselves to pieces. Keep moving forward like they are a well organized legion of doom.

ClearGentleBluebottlejellyfish-small.gif

8 hours ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

I can understand the tension about ballots not being delivered on time, but the mailbox thing has got to be just another dumb thing to get worked up about. Hello, there is a box outside of your house or apartment. It’s called a mailbox. In the event the blue thing you never cared about before disapears one day, you can just feel free to go ahead and use the one right outside your house.

Why yes, CC.  I, too, am confident that a reliable way to get my ballot counted is to put in in my mailbox, and feel confident that my letter carrier will pick it up and return it to the post office, rather than assume that that's yesterday's mail still in my box, and shove today's mail on top of it.  

59 minutes ago, DCranon21 said:

Something to monitor here. Sounds like the GOP is in a revolt especially with that candidate in Georgia who is full blown QAnon

Click here - Discontent with McCarthy rises as GOP considers a possible post-Trump world

There’s no post Trump world in 2024; maybe by 2028.

Donald Trump, if he doesn’t run himself in 24; will be able to have a huge say on who the 24 nominee is. His cult will follow.  Remember, Trump will be in TV the entire 4 years criticizing Biden/Harris.

Even if Trump and the GOP both lose badly; the GOP isn’t going to be able to move on from Trump. Trump won’t be going anywhere. He will say the election was stolen from. He will say the Democrats worked with the Chinese; to bring the virus, to take him down.

2 hours ago, skinsmarydu said:

That was my point. I've lost more issues of SI & Sporting News than I can count. 

A few years ago I had to make a payment to the county and the online option was down. Wrote a check for the first time in a decade. Stuck it in the mailbox and it was stolen and used to write multiple fraudulent checks.

What's more, no-one cared. The bank gave me back the money immediately without questions. I reported it to the USPS and they never responded. Reported it to local police and they said we had to report it where the checks were cashed which was out of state. The out of state police said I had to show up in person to file the report. Eh no.

Crime pays.

1 hour ago, Rdskns2000 said:

There’s no post Trump world in 2024; maybe by 2028.

Donald Trump, if he doesn’t run himself in 24; will be able to have a huge say on who the 24 nominee is. His cult will follow.  Remember, Trump will be in TV the entire 4 years criticizing Biden/Harris.

Even if Trump and the GOP both lose badly; the GOP isn’t going to be able to move on from Trump. Trump won’t be going anywhere. He will say the election was stolen from. He will say the Democrats worked with the Chinese; to bring the virus, to take him down.

When trump loses 2020, the justice department will no longer be bound by their internal policy of not prosecuting a sitting president.  in 2024, Trump will be ineligible for presidency as he will be sitting in federal pound-me-in-the-ass prison. Just let me have this one.  No cynicism, please.

13 minutes ago, PokerPacker said:

When trump loses 2020, the justice department will no longer be bound by their internal policy of not prosecuting a sitting president.  in 2024, Trump will be ineligible for presidency as he will be sitting in federal pound-me-in-the-ass prison. Just let me have this one.  No cynicism, please.

yeah there is nothing in our country’s history that makes me think he will ever see a day in prison and I’d be pleasantly surprised if he’s even prosecuted at all 

1 hour ago, PCS said:

Save the post office?  Maybe that was the case before Trump went on national TV and admitted he opposed funding to stop mail in ballots, while the GOP is suing states for trying to implement them.  Republicans have gifted Biden a narrative by doing things out in the open.  

Republicans want to force every voter in America into crowded voting locations (because they’ve closed as many as they could) during a pandemic.  They’re willing to destroy the USPS and sue states to force the issue.  All so the American people will not vote.

Surprised we don't have a "Privatizing USPS" thread yet.

At minimum states should be setting their mail in ballots to work with other carriers, like UPS.

What can Brown do for your election?  I'm surprised they haven't offered to step in, have the convo now, Share it with FedEx, don't just complain about it.

21 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Surprised we don't have a "Privatizing USPS" thread yet.

At minimum states should be setting their mail in ballots to work with other carriers, like UPS.

What can Brown do for your election?  I'm surprised they haven't offered to step in, have the convo now, Share it with FedEx, don't just complain about it.

I've had some very bad experiences with both companies recently, and managing to speak to a human who can actually do something for you is an arduous task. I don't have any more faith in them than the USPS beyond the fact that the USPS is now run by a Trump crony. I would encourage anyone who can to vote in person this go round, at least if you're planning on voting for Biden.

per above, somewhere---i posted months ago that in their collective mind, given the mentality and actions already in evidence, i see them figuring it would be more of a benefit for trump & friends if this pandemic was far from "under control" during the election process...you can see several major ways it would play to him given how poorly he's been doing for so long by every indicator...his willingness to hold onto power using any action available that he thought necessary and the reality that the gop at large will back it v "the alternative" (democracy be damned) is a safe call

and they'd be figuring (right or wrong) on enough of relevant and selected fed/local/state law enforcement and military factions to back them or at least make it so some effective dem-led resistance is unable really overcome an actual use of force keeping trump in office....even if "just" under some gop led guise of a "temporary brief extension" of term until crisis-level issues of of voting ;) and pandemic are more stabilized :)....ya can even throw in the gop using 'firm language' in such a proposal warning of restrictions of power and limited time per trump, which of course would go out the window once it went down...

but now that i've got the conspiracy tingle activated in some of you, here's what i really came to post: :P

i saw this report on harris getting secret service protection earlier today and (this even relates to above per leo and military units) i thought about how trump since day one has been seeding all available positions across the government (different than 'normal') and manipulating leo and military and screening all agencies and institutions for non-loyalists...and he has his peeps everywhere he can get them...so why not some on the secret service, in rank and file and in leadership...now think of the minds at work here---don, jared, stevie miller, hannity, etc---so how could don not have some loyalists there from the start and some added later :evil:

and here's the tie to the topic: how about don figures they should make sure some of his guys get on the biden and harris--maybe other dems---protection details and report back info to help trump's campaign--those guys are around their charges an awful lot, including when no one else is and they see and hear a lot of stuff :) 

maybe the candidates have even considered this possibility, but what could ya do, really? :ph34r:

428.jpg

20 minutes ago, RedskinsFan44 said:

I've had some very bad experiences with both companies recently, and managing to speak to a human who can actually do something for you is an arduous task. I don't have any more faith in them than the USPS beyond the fact that the USPS is now run by a Trump crony. I would encourage anyone who can to vote in person this go round, at least if you're planning on voting for Biden.

Let's be clear, no one is intentionally trying to sabotage UPS or FedEx right now. That makes this very different, I've my issues too, not like this.

On top of that, not everyone can vote in person that wants to, thats where this mail in conversation came from.

7 minutes ago, techboy said:

With a few exceptions, it's illegal to send mail with anyone other than the USPS.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Private_Express_Statutes

So begs the question, can an exception for mail-in ballots be added? An any means necessary to get it in approach?

Archived