Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

Good thing Cocaine Mitch and his cronies made sure to get their August vacation in. Not much going on, after all.

Seriously, if the possibility of this USPS stuff came up in 2016, even Trumpers would have been taken aback. At least a good amount of them.

Now the crazy has just been so normalized.

The only thing that has changed with the USPS is that Trump opened his mouth. This country is just in a constant state of being trolled by the Troll in Chief. (like addicts we can't get enough)

The right has been trying to privatize postal for years and Trump has already been trashing the USPS since day one of his term because it operates at a loss. 

USPS is Executive Branch. The governing board is appointed by the President and confirmed by the Senate. We put them in charge of the USPS. The same way we put Betsy Devos in charge of Education or Perry in charge of energy. (as in people on record being against public education or energy) 

I'm not saying they're not trying to dismantle the postal service, put a Trump crony as post master or cheat in the next election... Im saying that isn't anything new. Actually its par for the course.

Stop giving Trump what he wants. The GOP trying to suppress the vote isn't anything new. Its been their strategy since I can remember. 30-40% of the country does not vote. Many of them are already projecting an excuse as to why they won't vote when it hasn't even happened yet out of weakness or fear. The right and the GOP aren't the only one's that project their hypocrisy/weaknesses/fears onto the other side. 

Stop writing letters and write a bill.

Pelosi needs to accept Trump's challenge to send a bill from the house to keep USPS solvent without gutting.

It's only now attacking them has been about mail-in ballots, up to this point it's been about GOP complaining about USPS operating at a consistent, unsustainable loss, that's not not true.

Fix it, even if it means dealing with the pensions that's killing them, and dare Trump to sign it.  I'll wait.

Just now, visionary said:

If they are even able to get a bill through that funds the post office, can't Trump just shift that money somewhere else instead now?

It's not impossible for him to try to take all the money specifically for the USPS and send to his wall or something, but I'm not convinced GOP won't take this deal if it really does save USPS from being an appropriations black hole. 

Let alone what that fight would look like in the courts, how much longer until folks are getting meds and social security checks late or worse not at all? Isn't word on the street that's already starting to happen or getting ready to?

16 minutes ago, EmirOfShmo said:

No No No No No....people should be calling for the US Postal Union to walk out ... 100% strike. **** him. Shut this **** down!

Bill to save USPS and threaten a strike to add pressure?  I like it.

0fc.gif.6e9126f9bcb5eec837c0cb1b15d4fcda.gif

This won't be any less damaging then a teacher or police strike considering how it will impact rural areas.

57 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

It's not impossible for him to try to take all the money specifically for the USPS and send to his wall or something, but I'm not convinced GOP won't take this deal if it really does save USPS from being an appropriations black hole. 

Let alone what that fight would look like in the courts, how much longer until folks are getting meds and social security checks late or worse not at all? Isn't word on the street that's already starting to happen or getting ready to?

It's already happening.  I get help from a kidney foundation to pay my supplement insurance.  The check was processed on 8/2 and In still haven't gotten it. Had to borrow money to pay last month's premium.

The Dems also need to have advertisements up now.  How crucial the post office is, not only for people receiving checks or medications but how businesses still rely on the post office. How Donald Trump and the GOP is intentionally harming you or your business; so he can get reelected.

3 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

It's already happening.  I get help from a kidney foundation to pay my supplement insurance.  The check was processed on 8/2 and In still haven't gotten it. Had to borrow money to pay last month's premium.

The Dems also need to have advertisements up now.  How crucial the post office is, not only for people receiving checks or medications but how businesses still rely on the post office. How Donald Trump and the GOP is intentionally harming you or your business; so he can get reelected.

I forgot about all of the businesses...so what is Trump's plan? After another week, people on both sides will be freaking out, it makes Trump look bad. If he gets whatever his Covid deal is and gives money to the post office to function, wouldn't that also almost assure that he won't get reelected? I can't really see how he wins here.

THE ATLANTIC: The ‘Blue Shift’ Will Decide the Election 

>>As polling places closed on November 6, 2018, the expected “blue wave” looked more like a ripple. Not only had some of the highest-profile Democratic candidates lost, but the party’s gains in the House and the Senate looked smaller than anticipated.

The wave, it turned out, simply hadn’t crested yet. Over the ensuing weeks, as more ballots were counted, Democrats kept winning races—eventually netting 41 House seats. In Arizona, the Republican Martha McSally conceded the Senate race to the Democrat Kyrsten Sinema, who picked up more than 70,000 votes in post–Election Day counting. Democrats narrowed deficits in races in Florida and Georgia too. Republicans were stunned.<<<<

A realistic scenario was proposed in that article:

>>>Imagine that as November 3, 2020, ticks away, President Donald Trump holds a small lead in one or more key states such as Pennsylvania—perhaps 10,000 or 20,000 votes—and seems to have enough states in his column to eke out an Electoral College win. Trump declares victory, taunts Joe Biden, and prepares for a second term. But the reported results on Election Night omit tens of thousands of votes, including provisional ballots and uncounted mail-in votes. Over the coming days, as those votes are counted, Trump’s lead dwindles and eventually disappears. By the end of the week or early the next, Biden emerges as the clear victor in Pennsylvania—and with that win, captures the race for the presidency.

If that’s how things unfold, Trump is unlikely to take defeat snatched from the jaws of victory graciously. He has already spent months attempting to delegitimize the election system. So imagine that he instead cries fraud and insists he’s the target of a criminal Democratic coup. What if he encourages his supporters to take to the streets, where there are violent clashes between partisans? He might even urge the Republican-led Pennsylvania General Assembly to submit a slate of Trump-backing electors, citing the Election Day returns, even if the full tally clearly shows Keystone State voters chose Biden.

Read: Don’t count Trump out

The hypothetical of a blue shift reversing the early projected winner is the “nightmare scenario,” according to the election-law expert Rick Hasen. Either Trump or Biden could win by a sufficient margin to make the result clear on Election Night; it’s also possible that multiple states might see a decisive post–November 3 blue shift, creating even more chaos.

“You don’t need to worry about Russia,” Edward Foley, a law professor at Ohio State, told me. “Simply anxiety over a blue shift and willingness to litigate about it and fight about it could cause a raging contestation over a presidential election.”<<<

Allahpundit has a good blog post on the USPS stuff. Also links to a post he wrote yesterday. He thinks Trump might be screwing himself by this having the effect on driving more people to vote even earlier and thus shortening his timeline to catch Biden in the polls.

https://hotair.com/archives/allahpundit/2020/08/15/obama-trump-trying-actively-kneecap-postal-service-discourage-voting/

Archived