Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

An update on our mail in ballot instructions:  ballots will be mailed in late September. We are urged to mark and return them ASAP; we can use USPS, or FedEx or UPS; we can hand deliver at the county election office; we can hand deliver as soon as we wish including election day instead of just election day per a Governor's July proclamation. 

So that's what I am going to do, hand deliver early. We hand them directly to an election office person with picture ID, just as we always vote here. Wearing a mask!

So how does this happen????  CNN Poll shows Biden/Harris 50% to Trump/Pence 46%.  WTF????  If true, the number of really stupid ****ing people is much higher than I ever thought possible. This clown can literally do anything he wants and people just follow along. 

https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/16/politics/cnn-poll-biden-trump-august/index.html

6 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

So how does this happen????  CNN Poll shows Biden/Harris 50% to Trump/Pence 46%.  WTF????  If true, the number of really stupid ****ing people is much higher than I ever thought possible. This clown can literally do anything he wants and people just follow along. 

I think this is a more realistic number than Joe winning by double digits.

Its going to be tight, don't believe the double digit leads.

1 minute ago, JSSkinz said:

I think this is a more realistic number than Joe winning by double digits.

Its going to be tight, don't believe the double digit leads.

I don't - although even that is insane. But to be this close now??  If true, trump wins and it's not close.  As the election gets closer the incumbent starts getting more and more of the benefit of the doubt. So you need a big lead going into this part of the race if you are the challenger. And 4% - and within the margin may as well be losing already. 

My bigger question - and it's rhetorical - is how can so many people be that ****ing stupid!!  If this holds we are doomed as a democracy. The entire last 200+ yrs will be wiped out by a fascist creep and his enablers. 

I do think that the logic of incumbency kind of goes out the window with a POTUS who's basically never been above 50% approval.

And this poll seems like an obvious outlier, based on what it describes as a "random" sampling of 1,008 cell and land lines.

It's right to be terrified, don't get me wrong. But the efforts the fascists are putting into the rigging certainly suggests that *they're* terrified of the numbers.

2 minutes ago, JCB said:

I do think that the logic of incumbency kind of goes out the window with a POTUS who's basically never been above 50% approval.

This is what one would think but it doesn't seem to hold for this president - at least not right now. 

2 minutes ago, JCB said:

And this poll seems like an obvious outlier, based on what it describes as a "random" sampling of 1,008 cell and land lines.

When CNN had a similar poll come out in <ay showing double digit lead by Biden it was considered an outlier. Then in the following weeks all the other polls started showing the same thing. Don't get me wrong, I hope you are right, and you shoudl be. But recent history suggests this may not be the case.  

2 minutes ago, JCB said:

It's right to be terrified, don't get me wrong. But the efforts the fascists are putting into the rigging certainly suggests that *they're* terrified of the numbers.

My fear is they will be successful. That there are actually more people who hate him but are either afraid to vote against him - especially in areas where he has strong followings, or are just tired and feel defeated. 

There was one good thing that came out of the article. There is more interest in this vote than in recent history- and by a lot. It suggests a massively high turnout. This always favors Dems. The more people that vote the more likely Biden wins - hence his efforts to suppress the vote. 

5 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

My bigger question - and it's rhetorical - is how can so many people be that ****ing stupid!!  If this holds we are doomed as a democracy. The entire last 200+ yrs will be wiped out by a fascist creep and his enablers. 

I don't disagree with you as I cannot for a second wrap my head around what it is that makes these people ride so hard for Trump.

But at the same time, a Biden/Harris ticket doesn't move the needle for me in any capacity.  The only reason I will vote that way is simply because I loathe Trump and his enablers, not because I believe Joe Biden and Kamala Harris were the best the opposition had to offer.  So if I'm someone who is on the fence, or more importantly - a republican who is not for Trump, the democrats didn't do anything to sway me their way.

Again, I totally get it.  It would seem you should be able to put up most anyone against Trump and walk away a winner.  But unfortunately, that's just not how it is.

1 minute ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I don't disagree with you as I cannot for a second wrap my head around what it is that makes these people ride so hard for Trump.

But at the same time, a Biden/Harris ticket doesn't move the needle for me in any capacity.  The only reason I will vote that way is simply because I loathe Trump and his enablers, not because I believe Joe Biden and Kamala Harris were the best the opposition had to offer.  So if I'm someone who is on the fence, or more importantly - a republican who is not for Trump, the democrats didn't do anything to sway me their way.

Again, I totally get it.  It would seem you should be able to put up most anyone against Trump and walk away a winner.  But unfortunately, that's just not how it is.

I feel exactly the same way about Biden/Harris. When the 20 dems lined up for the first debate, Biden was a dead last 20 - well behind Harris. When Biden's short list came out, Harris was my 2nd worst selection only behind Susan Rice as a worse selection. So to say I am less than enthusiastic about a Biden/Harris ticket would be an understatement. However, the current guy is such a corrupt POS and is just ignoring rule of law while pretending to be for rule of law, and lying every day, using press conferences as campaign speeches, calling names, being petty, and the list goes on, that I cannot fathom not voting for the only ticket that can beat him. 

How can rational adults look at a guy like that and think - man he is awesome. Not asking for an answer. I realize there are simply dumbasses in the world. iI is just surprising to me there are this many. In the end I get what you are saying about independents and people on the fence (hope they fall the **** off!), it still pisses me off we have that many ****ing idiots in this country.

Ok, rant over. You may go back to your regularly scheduled program. Just have to get that **** off my chest from time to time....  :chair:

24 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

I don't - although even that is insane. But to be this close now??  If true, trump wins and it's not close.  As the election gets closer the incumbent starts getting more and more of the benefit of the doubt. So you need a big lead going into this part of the race if you are the challenger. And 4% - and within the margin may as well be losing already. 

This election will be close regardless. I think that Trump will probably win, but regardless of the victor, neither guy will get 300 electoral votes. And I think Biden most certainly gets the popular vote.

As for your question, look at this Tom Nichols tweet and the responses. It kind of mirrors with people who I know at work. Folks that have relatively easy jobs and make pretty good money, and yet are still pissed off at the world. I don't get it:

1 hour ago, goskins10 said:

40% of this country is irreversibly idiotic.  They can easily be rallied around the same things that typically gather the intellectually-challenged (empty patriotism, race politics, bright-shiny-objects).  Nothing you can do about it.

The challenge is in making sure that no more than ~16.7% of the remaining 60% are duped into finding common cause.  And that actually can be seriously challenging.  This in a nutshell is why the two party system simply does not work when the national I.Q. dips below the century mark....

1 hour ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Not sure if this was posted yet:

This sort of thing is pretty common on both sides.  Third-party groups trying to turn out the vote on their side send pre-filled ballot requests, with postage paid, to try and get as many of the people they've identified as "their" voters to turn out.  Actually putting Trump's face on it is somewhat brazen, but it's not very different from what Beto's group is doing in Texas or the mailers that went out in Fairfax County not too long ago.  He's a post from a week ago.

1 hour ago, goskins10 said:

How?

George Floyd protests, systematic racism and police reform is now the Democrats vs Police. (Left has lost this battle and it'll create Republican votes)

That's just one topic.

Multiply that by everything thats going on atm.

The left could at least try and make this about voting for Joe Biden... atm Im not seeing it.

Left also has a chance to say Kamala Harris the most qualified candidate for VP and STFU about her race or politics. Did they not watch Barack Obama run a virtually colorless campaign twice? 

3 minutes ago, Mooka said:

How?

George Floyd protests, systematic racism and police reform is now the Democrats vs Police. (Left has lost this battle and it'll create Republican votes)

That's just one topic.

The left could at least try and make this about voting for Joe Biden... atm Im not seeing it.

Left also has a chance to say Kamala Harris the most qualified candidate for VP and STFU about her race or politics. Did they not watch Barack Obama run a virtually colorless campaign twice? 

So false narratives wins the day.  Good to know. 

2 hours ago, goskins10 said:

So how does this happen????  CNN Poll shows Biden/Harris 50% to Trump/Pence 46%.  WTF????  If true, the number of really stupid ****ing people is much higher than I ever thought possible

If your number was, or still is, below 80% then you’re too optimistic. 

but the reality is that, as a whole, we are more evenly split than you’d like to believe. Even when trump is involved. 

if you venture outside the (large) dc area (and the internet) you’ll find tons of people that don’t know much about anything. They have opinions because they heard someone else state the opinion once and thought “I like that person that’s probably a good opinion” or “yeah that makes sense that’s what I will think too”, but the reality is they don’t know much about anything and their opinions are mostly created to justify what they want or because they heard someone they think is on their side say it once. 

more than once I’ve gone down the “what? How can you possibly <have some dumb opinion like trump is doing a good job>?!” Only to realize the person was, in respect to many things, terribly uninformed and lacking in any real education or critical thinking skills. 

For most people if their day to day life allows them to stay away from all things political, they do. 

(this isn’t limited to republicans/conservatives in the least, but right now there the ones ****ing it up for the rest of us)

10 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

So false narratives wins the day.  Good to know. 

Yup. 

you have to want to see through false narratives, to see through them. It requires effort. It requires critical thinking skills. 

people are lazy and stupid. 

7 minutes ago, Mooka said:

How?

That's just one topic.

These are all very stupid logical crutches to vote for Donald Trump. There cant be anyone left on this planet that is able to be persuaded by anything but lunacy to vote for Trump at this point. Your fatal mistake is trying to use logic to figure this out. There isnt any. And if you think you have honestly found some you are bat**** crazy too. 

*I dont think you are bat**** crazy 

6 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Wasn’t planning on having some quality time with myself this early in the morning but here we are...

While technically true that tweet was misleading 

6 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Wasn’t planning on having some quality time with myself this early in the morning but here we are...

While technically true that tweet was misleading 

Archived