Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

2 hours ago, mistertim said:

Christ.

I just did something I promised myself never to do again. (no, not kill and eat people)

I got into a twitter argument. 

I kept asking right wingers about proof of mail in voter fraud. They kept replying with links that said dead people, etc were getting absentee registrations. I asked over and over if there was any proof that those dead people were actually voting. I even somehow lured a CA Republican congressional candidate into the fray too.   :ols:

It was like banging my head against a goddamn brick cactus.

I need a ****ing drink. Now I know why I swore a while ago to never do that again. 

So all that and no twitter handle to read it?

6 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

Is  Birtherism 2.0 really going to be a thing?  (re: Kamala Harris)

Have any elected GOP officials commented on the USPS stuff?  I haven't been really watching the news about, just reading articles.  

I don't think it'll get to the same level as the first one, but I've been disappointed so many times before, so who knows? 🤷‍♂️

This post office story is amazing.  We’re watching Trump intentionally destroy the post office in real time after admitting his motive for doing so.  Let’s not forget how much damage this has already done.  With all these headlines how many of us are going to choose the USPS as a shipping option?  

There was a chance to stop this runaway criminal before corona and before this assault on democracy.  Senate republicans chose to let him slide.

35 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Who had "war on mailboxes" in the 2020 apocalypse bingo?

No one. Again. Cause no one has ever been dumb enough to try it and no Congress has ever been corrupt enough to watch it happen. But here we are. 

Biden and Harris could spend their entire first term closing all the loopholes Trump used to do this and still not get enough done. It’s really going to take a dream team and all of congress to have a chance in just one term. 

Four Ways to Safely Cast Your Ballot Without USPS

Events of the past few weeks have left many voters asking about alternatives to the US Postal Service to ensure their vote counts this November. “Cost-saving” changes made to the USPS by Trump donor-turned-Postmaster General, Louis Dejoy, led to days-long mail delays across the country. Meanwhile, the coronavirus pandemic shows no sign of slowing before November, leading millions of Americans to register to vote by mail to avoid voting in-person and risking their health.

The combination of these unprecedented challenges has led to widespread fear over what David Wasserman called “a perfect catastrophe of administrative overload, postal delays and voter error that could lead to millions of absentee ballots not counting.”

Voters concerned about the current crisis facing the USPS and what it could mean for their ballot arriving by Election Day have several options:

1. Vote early in person. Early voting allows voters to vote in person without waiting in crowded or long lines. Forty-one states have some form of early voting in place and may start as early as 45 days before Election Day. Many states also have weekend early voting options. Make sure to check with your local election office to see if they extended early voting due to the pandemic.

2. Use a ballot drop box. Many states and counties provide ballot drop boxes as a secure and convenient option for voters to return their sealed and signed mail ballot. Drop boxes skip the mail process entirely, allowing voters to drop off their mail ballots and have them be taken directly to county offices. Boxes are placed in many convenient locations such as outside community centers, near public transit routes or on college campuses. Check with your local election office to see if there are ballot drop boxes in your community.

3. Drop off your ballot at an election office or polling location. Almost all states permit voters to return a delivered ballot in person at their local election office, but not everyone lives close to their election office. That is why many states allow voters to drop off their signed and sealed ballots at any in-person voting location in the county. Check with your local election office to see if you can drop off your ballot at a polling location closer to your home.

4. Organize community ballot collection. Many states allow designated organizations, election officials or family members to collect a voter’s signed and sealed ballot and submit the ballot on behalf of the voter. This option is vital for high-risk voters who are unable to leave their home to cast a ballot. Check who can collect your ballot in your state.

We can’t let the current crisis facing USPS lock millions of Americans out of our voting process. With the current absentee ballot rejection rate reaching as high as 8-10%, how we cast our ballots this year matters. To beat Donald Trump and the Republicans in November, especially in battleground states, we must make a plan to vote and look to other available methods of voting—like the ones listed above—to ensure every ballot counts.

I can understand the tension about ballots not being delivered on time, but the mailbox thing has got to be just another dumb thing to get worked up about. Hello, there is a box outside of your house or apartment. It’s called a mailbox. In the event the blue thing you never cared about before disapears one day, you can just feel free to go ahead and use the one right outside your house.

7 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

99% of the forum:  “I’m a little bit concerned about the USPS getting kneecapped 3 months before the election.

CC84:  “Just walk to the end of your driveway, losers!”

There is literally a mailbox steps from your front door and we are up and arms about some scrap metal being removed from the corner lot... meh, pick your battles... Also, the concession the USPS made was to stop collecting the boxes not to deliver the ballots on time... but the flunkies are cheering they won something... eh, ok...

Archived