Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

18 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Ahh, forgot not everybody here is from the DMV. The Md governor here (Larry Hogan) has been making some waves lately on some with his "Sensible politics" routine and anti-Trump Kowtowing stance.

Figure if there are enough naive Repubs that think True Conservatism can rise from the grave, he'd by the kind of guy they'd go for.

I like Hogan.  He seems like an honorable guy.  If he could move the GOP back from the crazies, that would be fantastic.    

34 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

The Md governor here (Larry Hogan) has been making some waves lately on some with his "Sensible politics" routine and anti-Trump Kowtowing stance.

Yeah I figured you were talking bout Larry. Clearly not the Hulkster. Tho he'd make a fine Republican nominee in 2024. 

28 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Curious if using the White House lawn to accept the GOP nom is against the law and/or an ethics violation? 

Doesn't it potentially violate some campaign finance laws too?

IMO if Trump does go through with giving his acceptance speech from the WH, no news organizations should even show up to cover it. Obviously Fox and OANN will, but they'd show up to film his bowel movements if he told them to.

10 minutes ago, clietas said:

Yeah I figured you were talking bout Larry. Clearly not the Hulkster. Tho he'd make a fine Republican nominee in 2024. 

48 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Ahh, forgot not everybody here is from the DMV. The Md governor here (Larry Hogan) has been making some waves lately on some with his "Sensible politics" routine and anti-Trump Kowtowing stance.

Figure if there are enough naive Repubs that think True Conservatism can rise from the grave, he'd by the kind of guy they'd go for.

I still think MD would turn on him. I know a lot of folks here love him. But would never vote for a Republican President ever now. Maybe had Trump never been a thing. But now he would have to run dem if he ever wanted to be President. You can’t lose your home state. 

2 minutes ago, DoneMessedUp said:

Maybe it's just me but I really don't see how this Birtherism 2.0 bull**** helps the Trump campaign even a little bit. I think it's gonna come across as desperate and gross to anyone and everyone who isn't already full-blown MAGA. 

Yea, Trump should know that season 2 needs to have some new ****. 

On 8/11/2020 at 9:36 PM, tshile said:

...we need to be concerned Harris doesn’t screw up and look like the narrative gop is going to run with. Either the outright “radical democrat will run country cause Biden’s too old” or the more subtle “she’s not even qualified they just picked her cause she’s black and they knew you wouldn’t care she’s unqualified”

the gop will, and already has stared, do(ing) this but we need her to not make it easier or somehow play into it. 

She’s a black woman that grew up and lives in ‘Muricuh. She’s got a PhD in that ****. Pretty much any black person here better have one.

4 hours ago, Skintime said:

I'm very angry at those that still find a way to support a Russian asset, and yet claim to be Americans. To try and make so other Americans votes don't count, or even get to vote is as unAmerican as it gets. We as a nation must find a way to rid ourselves of these traitors to our country or they will end America. trump is certainly doing everything within his power to end us, so 4 more years of him would certainly be the death knellknell if we stand by and let this happen.

Those so-called real ‘Muricuns don’t give a **** about this country any more than I do. All they care about is keeping it white. They’ll totally throw away their rights and freedoms for that. Well, except the guns. But then the right wants them to have guns. It helps keep them believing the myth of their freedom.

1 hour ago, tshile said:

We’re going to have to have an intervention with like a solid 35-40% of the country when this is over. 

I can't think of a more fruitless exercise. They are completely lost. Was having a Facebook chat with someone and they are just gone. "everything progressive is bad!!" They brought up the Green New Deal and when I mentioned a couple of points like upgrading the energy grid and helping farmers reduce emissions using technology, it was silence. His evidence that the right wing had better values was some video from PragerU. Ya know, the old white guy that is angry that people aren't allowed to say the n-word anymore. Completely lost. 

1 hour ago, tshile said:

We’re going to have to have an intervention with like a solid 35-40% of the country when this is over. 

No we don't.

You can't sway them.  The older ones will be dead within the next 10 years.   The rest will be a nuisance but they won't be in enough numbers, to make a difference in most places.

There might have to be a group of people who are willing to risk their lives and physically vote for Biden.  We may need some of you younger, healthier voters take the risk of in person voting.

Trump and the GOP are going to everything to **** up mail-in voting.

The things they are doing with the post office now, may delay you getting the mail-in ballot or maybe not even get it.

There will limited places to mail in that ballot.

There is no guarantee that once you mail your ballot, it gets to the polling station it needs to go.

There is no guarantee that your mail in ballot will even be counted. Trump and the GOP will try to block that.

Somehow, we need Biden to be leading with in person votes on election night.  Mail in voting will take a while to count and you know Trump will be fighting that; especially if Trump is leading with physical voting.

Don't expect this to be settled for a long time. I fully believe we will have an acting President on Jan. 20. 

More regarding the assault on the USPS and vote by mail:

U.S. Postal Service Confirms It Has Removed Mailboxes in Portland and Eugene

A spokesman for the United States Postal Service confirmed that the agency has removed four blue boxes from Portland, and 27 from Eugene this week. The USPS plans to remove a few more boxes from Portland next week.

"The reason we're doing it is because of declining mail volume," USPS spokesman Ernie Swanson told WW. "Ever since the pandemic came along, people are mailing less for some reason."

Earlier today, a photo surfaced on social media that depicted a person lifting multiple USPS boxes into a truck in Northeast Portland, sparking concern among residents.

Click on the link for the full article

I don't expect to get my absentee ballot in time because GA...so I'm getting my little kit together to vote in person (but early) :

Mask, gloves, sanitizer, and one of those little stylus pens so I don't have to touch the machine. 

I read it here, agreed and will crawl over covid soaked broken glass to vote for Joe & Kamala. 

9 hours ago, Llevron said:

I still think MD would turn on him. I know a lot of folks here love him. But would never vote for a Republican President ever now. Maybe had Trump never been a thing. But now he would have to run dem if he ever wanted to be President. You can’t lose your home state. 

If they would never elect a Republican ever then how did he get elected?

More likely, he’d get knocked out very early in the primaries. After all, look how many moderate Republicans have been booted. The GOP has no interest in reasonable people or capable leaders. 

Cohen's new book excerpts are making the rounds today, looks like.  I've never bought one of these political hit piece books that seem to come out every week but I might get this one.  

https://disloyalthebook.com/download-the-disloyal-foreword-written-by-michael-cohen/

There are reasons why there has never been an intimate portrait of Donald Trump, the man. In part, it’s because he has a million acquaintances, pals and hangers on, but no real friends. He has no one he trusts to keep his secrets. For ten years, he certainly had me, and I was always there for him, and look what happened to me. I urge you to really consider that fact: Trump has no true friends. He has lived his entire life avoiding and evading taking responsibility for his actions. He crushed or cheated all who stood in his way, but I know where the skeletons are buried because I was the one who buried them. I was the one who most encouraged him to run for president in 2011, and then again in 2015, carefully orchestrating the famous trip down the escalator in Trump Tower for him to announce his candidacy. When Trump wanted to reach Russian President Vladimir Putin, via a secret back channel, I was tasked with making the connection in my Keystone Kop fashion. I stiffed contractors on his behalf, ripped off his business partners, lied to his wife Melania to hide his sexual infidelities, and bullied and screamed at anyone who threatened Trump’s path to power. From golden showers in a sex club in Vegas, to tax fraud, to deals with corrupt officials from the former Soviet Union, to catch and kill conspiracies to silence Trump’s clandestine lovers, I wasn’t just a witness to the president’s rise—I was an active and eager participant.

"An intervention"..........<insert derisive snort here> what a polite euphemism, it begs the question of exactly what kind of "intervention" might be useful

Not gonna derail here by pursuing that but thanks for the laugh

The Rs show that there is no bottom, there is nothing they will not try, nothing.

They will wreck the Post Office, remove mailboxes, whatever, don't be surprised if you see localities declare that you cannot enter a polling place wearing a mask

They are conspicuously working to limit any attempts to control the "Rona", they want that **** raging, they think they can ride that to further control. They have already been outed as saying that when it is in blue states let 'em die. Prisoners in jail? Old people in homes? "Those people" in meat packing plants? Disproportionate numbers in minority communities? Their prayers are answered, let 'em die, why are you all acting so surprised?

Consider the Senate, they are going out of their way not only to do nothing, but to keep anyone else from doing anything. Millions of people with no income being evicted? Even being served with eviction notices and they can say "Hey, no fixed address? That's in question? No voting for you!" Anyone not in the cult they see as 3/5s, y'all are chattel.

This has transcended anything political way back, this is as stark a question of good vs evil as any of us will see in our lifetimes.

Hey Virginia,  here's how to nut punch Trump.

https://www.elections.virginia.gov/casting-a-ballot/absentee-voting/

Absentee and Early Voting

EARLY VOTING IN-PERSON

You can vote early at your local registrar’s office beginning 45 days before Election Day and ending the Saturday before Election Day. Before visiting your local registrar’s office, you may wish to check your registration status or call your registrar’s office. You can find your registrar’s phone number here. To vote early in-person, do the following:

• Starting 45 days before Election Day, visit your local registrar’s office or a satellite voting location in your county or city to vote early. Remember, the Saturday before Election Day is the last day to vote early.
  •  
  • You do not have to have a reason or fill out an application to vote early.
  •  
  • At the registrar’s office or satellite voting location, you must provide your name and address and show an acceptable form of ID or sign an ID Confirmation Statement. To view a complete list of acceptable IDs, please visit our Voting In-Person page. If acceptable identification is not provided, you must sign an ID Confirmation Statement or a provisional ballot will be offered and you are allowed until the Friday at noon following the election to provide a copy of acceptable identification to the electoral board or sign
    an ID Confirmation Statement. Provisional voters receive a notice to remind them of the deadline and right to attend the electoral board meeting.
  •  
  • Accessible equipment and/or curbside voting is available upon request.

Archived