Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

7 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

There might have to be a group of people who are willing to risk their lives and physically vote for Biden.  We may need some of you younger, healthier voters take the risk of in person voting.

Trump and the GOP are going to everything to **** up mail-in voting.

The things they are doing with the post office now, may delay you getting the mail-in ballot or maybe not even get it.

There will limited places to mail in that ballot.

There is no guarantee that once you mail your ballot, it gets to the polling station it needs to go.

There is no guarantee that your mail in ballot will even be counted. Trump and the GOP will try to block that.

Somehow, we need Biden to be leading with in person votes on election night.  Mail in voting will take a while to count and you know Trump will be fighting that; especially if Trump is leading with physical voting.

Don't expect this to be settled for a long time. I fully believe we will have an acting President on Jan. 20. 

Actually I think it will be yet another case where the moron reverses course and expects nobody to notice. He’ll be behind in in-person voting and will want to hold out for the absentee ballots, which usually come mostly from the Grand Oligarch’s Party’s base to come in. Then, he’ll claim the election was stolen from him because too many of them weren’t counted because of postal service delays. If it results in an acting POTUS, I can live with that.

1 hour ago, skinsmarydu said:

I don't expect to get my absentee ballot in time because GA...so I'm getting my little kit together to vote in person (but early) :

Mask, gloves, sanitizer, and one of those little stylus pens so I don't have to touch the machine. 

I read it here, agreed and will crawl over covid soaked broken glass to vote for Joe & Kamala. 

Yeah, this is my plan as well. When I voted in the runoff a week or so ago, they provided styluses for voters to use. Early voting will now be key, so I expect that to be the next target, due to “financial concerns”.

3 minutes ago, The Sisko said:

Yeah, this is my plan as well. When I voted in the runoff a week or so ago, they provided styluses for voters to use. Early voting will now be key, so I expect that to be the next target, due to “financial concerns”.

Actually, I think the standard tactic for suppressing early voting, in states with GOP legislatures, is:  

1)  Some Podunk Republican county restricts early voting to every other Tuesday, two, two hour, windows.  

2)  Then the legislature claims that Metropolis allowing early voting for 30 straight days is an unfair Democratic attempt to steal the election, and it's not fair for different counties to have different rules.  And passes state legislation restricting all counties to the rules made up in Podunk.  

1 hour ago, skinsmarydu said:

I don't expect to get my absentee ballot in time because GA...so I'm getting my little kit together to vote in person (but early) :

Mask, gloves, sanitizer, and one of those little stylus pens so I don't have to touch the machine. 

I read it here, agreed and will crawl over covid soaked broken glass to vote for Joe & Kamala. 

I'm considering voting in person on election day despite being signed up to receive a mail in ballot. I have several choices: 1) mail in my ballot ASAP; 2) take my mail in ballot to elections HQ on election day; or 3) vote in person at my polling place which hasn't been crowded the last few times I've been there, either early voting or election day.

Not trusting the USPS situation and Texas, I'll choose one of the in person options.

44 minutes ago, Burgold said:

If they would never elect a Republican ever then how did he get elected?

More likely, he’d get knocked out very early in the primaries. After all, look how many moderate Republicans have been booted. The GOP has no interest in reasonable people or capable leaders. 

I meant Republican President specifically. And im only telling you what I have heard from the people around me so completely anecdotal.  

Thats probably right though. They dont want Moderate anymore 

2 hours ago, skinsmarydu said:

Voting for Biden/Harris is one of the few things I would literally walk over burning embers to do.

10 hours ago, Hersh said:

I can't think of a more fruitless exercise. They are completely lost. Was having a Facebook chat with someone and they are just gone. "everything progressive is bad!!" They brought up the Green New Deal and when I mentioned a couple of points like upgrading the energy grid and helping farmers reduce emissions using technology, it was silence. His evidence that the right wing had better values was some video from PragerU. Ya know, the old white guy that is angry that people aren't allowed to say the n-word anymore. Completely lost. 

9 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

No we don't.

You can't sway them.  The older ones will be dead within the next 10 years.   The rest will be a nuisance but they won't be in enough numbers, to make a difference in most places.

im not saying it’ll be fun or easy or even work

but trump is the symptom not the cause. 

and any idea that this will go away because older people die off seems naive to me. 

there will always be elements of crazy. 

probably need to see the election results to see how bad it is. 

41 minutes ago, tshile said:

and any idea that this will go away because older people die off seems naive to me. 

They will all claim fraud and go deeper into the rabbit hole. 

Yeah anyone thinking this is over or that republicans will return to “normal” after the election are being naive. 

the Republican Party will become a qanon cult if trump loses. They will embrace it. They will have to do that because they won’t alienate or push their base away and their base is about it to lose their god damn minds if trump loses 

12 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Yeah anyone thinking this is over or that republicans will return to “normal” after the election are being naive. 

the Republican Party will become a qanon cult if trump loses. They will embrace it. They will have to do that because they won’t alienate or push their base away and their base is about it to lose their god damn minds if trump loses 

There is no normal to return to anyway. The next nominee will spout the same nonsense Trump does but maybe with more polish. 

Interesting side note: The Karen that pulled masks off the rack in Target basically came back to reality once her life was destroyed by that incident. That's the only hope for some. 

20 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

If Trump loses (especially if he loses badly) I'm curious how many Republican lawmakers will go in that direction and how many will decide to try and move back towards the "center" and/or pretend they never liked Trump at all in an effort to try and appeal to those in that center who rejected Trump. 

The Republican Trump base will obviously stay insane and will indeed likely go even further down the rabbit hole, but if Trump loses badly many GOP lawmakers may realize that his rabid base is simply not enough to win national elections, no matter how frenzied they are.

15 minutes ago, mistertim said:

If Trump loses (especially if he loses badly) I'm curious how many Republican lawmakers will go in that direction and how many will decide to try and move back towards the "center" and/or pretend they never liked Trump at all in an effort to try and appeal to those in that center who rejected Trump. 

The Republican Trump base will obviously stay insane and will indeed likely go even further down the rabbit hole, but if Trump loses badly many GOP lawmakers may realize that his rabid base is simply not enough to win national elections, no matter how frenzied they are.

My hope is the folks that stay the course keep getting wiped out by groups like Lincoln Project.  But that will only work if LP doesn't try to annihilate the entire party not giving moderates a chance because its under the same tent. 

Promise you this, if Trumpers and Moderates aren't distinguished, it won't matter because they'll both act like they are being attacked all the time, that fits right into their historical narrative of late.

2 hours ago, tshile said:

It's a damn shame that it would be illegal (not to mention wrong) if we just... you know... got rid of all of them :)

2 hours ago, tshile said:

There will always be crazy but once the boomers die off, the crazies will be in lesser numbers. So, the sane will be able to elect normal humans again.

This probably a decade away at the earliest.

Just now, Rdskns2000 said:

There will always be crazy but once the boomers die off, the crazies will be in lesser numbers. So, the sane will be able to elect normal humans again.

This probably a decade away at the earliest.

Good luck with that. I'm Gen X and have a number of peers who don't realize I can see their Q Friendly, Alt-Right, Racist social media posts.

2 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Gen X aren’t in great numbers as Millennials and Gen Zers.

I'm pretty sure Z, Millennials are Xers are all within a few million per. Combine Mills and Z. Then yeah ok.

This idea that Boomers and their kids aren't passing on these beliefs is based on what?

1 hour ago, Renegade7 said:

My hope is the folks that stay the course keep getting wiped out by groups like Lincoln Project.  But that will only work if LP doesn't try to annihilate the entire party not giving moderates a chance because its under the same tent. 

Promise you this, if Trumpers and Moderates aren't distinguished, it won't matter because they'll both act like they are being attacked all the time, that fits right into their historical narrative of late.

Unless they change the Republican party platform, Republicans are still Republicans with a Trump cult wing.

Archived