Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

7 hours ago, Barry.Randolphe said:

I'm trying to think of options to mitigate the mail-in ballots....can we expand early voting in any way to limit how long lines will be on election day? I know in VA it is a pretty simple process and I plan to take advantage of it so I don't have to worry about any election day craziness.

Each state would have to decide whether to expand early voting, and I have absolutely no hope that my moron governor & SOS will do that. 

The 2004 early voting here was crazy...a fellow bartender & I covered shifts for each other & we both waited more than 4 hours, on 2 different days. This election may make us all a little more creative, but I'm keeping the faith that everyone will make a plan, work it, and cast their ballots for Joe (and every other progressive candidate they can).

1 hour ago, Springfield said:

I find it interesting that congress is willing to come back to fix the post office but not people's unemployment benefits. Seems like it should be a conservative talking point.

They want to make sure their postage-free campaign stuff makes it out so they can get re-elected 

Just now, tshile said:

They want to make sure their postage-free campaign stuff makes it out so they can get re-elected 

Something like that.

"Look pleebs. The president is fighting for your measly unemployment benefits (pay no attention that it's just a shift to next year when he may not even be in office) and the dumbocrats are fighting for the money losing USPS so they can try and steal the election with their dirty tricks."

Well, tomorrow is the virtual DNC and the following Monday the RNC.

For the DNC, I think it's 2 hours of programming each night.  I think for the most part it will be taped programming; the only live speeches will probably be Kamala's and Joe's.  The convention just won't feel the same, since it's a virtual affair with no live audience.  I loved watching the roll call of states, which we aren't getting.

I think they are disssing AOC. Think she's only getting 60 seconds to speak.  You may disagree with her but she's a rising force in the Democratic party. She's probably the heir to Bernie Sanders.

Fox News will be sad this week. If they actually cover the DNC, their ratings will go down the toilet.  I fully expect the DNC to rate higher than the RNC on all non-right wing outlets. Trump's going to be ****ing next week; when he sees that not many are tuning in to his lovefest.

7 hours ago, Springfield said:

I find it interesting that congress is willing to come back to fix the post office but not people's unemployment benefits. Seems like it should be a conservative talking point.

HUH?  This makes no sense.  The House already put out a bill on unemployment a while ago and has been trying to get the Senate Republicans to agree on anything.  The only reason nothing has been done on unemployment is because the GOP are in disarray on the issue.   I thought everybody knew this.  

History always repeats itself.  2004 election it appeared there was no chance in hell Bush could get re-elected after his first four disastrous years.  Then the Dems sent out Kerry & what a **** show that was.  Now they trot out Biden/Harris which you would think anything but Trump would work.  But it probably won’t.

7 minutes ago, -JB- said:

History always repeats itself.  2004 election it appeared there was no chance in hell Bush could get re-elected after his first four disastrous years.  Then the Dems sent out Kerry & what a **** show that was.  Now they trot out Biden/Harris which you would think anything but Trump would work.  But it probably won’t.

little bit different situation. Anyone with education past the high school level can see that. 

1 hour ago, visionary said:

HUH?  This makes no sense.  The House already put out a bill on unemployment a while ago and has been trying to get the Senate Republicans to agree on anything.  The only reason nothing has been done on unemployment is because the GOP are in disarray on the issue.   I thought everybody knew this.  

Not me. Thanks for the heads up.

https://twitter.com/i/events/1295020098390900736

Meadows says no more mail-sorting machines will be removed ‘between now and the election’

White House chief of staff Mark Meadows pushed back against recent reports that the US Postal Service has been removing mail processing equipment from locations across the US during a Sunday interview with CNN’s Jake Tapper, calling it a “narrative that’s not based on facts.” Trump’s chief of staff also told Tapper that the president supports absentee mail-in voting but opposes so-called universal mail-in balloting.
Video via @thehill

Archived