Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

2 minutes ago, tshile said:

If your number was, or still is, below 80% then you’re too optimistic. 

but the reality is that, as a whole, we are more evenly split than you’d like to believe. Even when trump is involved. 

if you venture outside the (large) dc area (and the internet) you’ll find tons of people that don’t know much about anything. They have opinions because they heard someone else state the opinion once and thought “I like that person that’s probably a good opinion” or “yeah that makes sense that’s what I will think too”, but the reality is they don’t know much about anything and their opinions are mostly created to justify what they want or because they heard someone they think is on their side say it once. 

more than once I’ve gone down the “what? How can you possibly <have some dumb opinion like trump is doing a good job>?!” Only to realize the person was, in respect to many things, terribly uninformed and lacking in any real education or critical thinking skills. 

For most people if their day to day life allows them to stay away from all things political, they do. 

I live in GA so I am well aware of all of this. And I travel literally all over the world. People start spouting off about things and when queried on facts they get quiet and then ultimately just tell me I am wrong. No facts, no data, nothing to support their position. Just that I am wrong.

There are some people I have been able to have conversations with and when I do, I mostly show them they were either lacking information or had the wrong information. But unfortunately too many people are closed minded and once they decide something facts no longer matter. So the ones I can have open discussions with a few and far between. I am fortunate that my boss and everyone on her immediate team all are on the same page. It makes team meetings much less contentious. 

Having said that, there are things like the pandemic that directly affect people. They do not need to follow news. People they know are dying. His handling of that alone should be enough to scare the **** of most any rational thinking person.

I guess I should have stated it differently. It's not a mystery to me so much as in infuriates me that there are that many stupid people and that what looked like at least a semi comfortable lead has turned into a dead heat - and for a guy that is such a coward and buffon it's unbelievable.  

Of course the race is going to tighten.

What is the bulk of Biden's support?  Is it people who genuinely like Biden and his agenda?  Or is it that people are anti-Trump?

You think the Bernie Bros that vote for Biden are pro-Biden?  You think the Lincoln Project is pro-Biden?

Say this was Jeb Bush or Marco Rubio running for reelection; you honestly think Joe Biden would've been the Democratic nominee?

There is really only one issue in this election:  Trump.  You are satisfied with Donald and can't wait to give him 4 more years or you can't stand him and can't wait to get rid of him.

Hopefully, after the votes are cast; there are more anti-Trump votes to get Joe 270.  You hope there aren't enough pro-Trump votes to give Donald his reelection.

Florida hit by poll worker shortage, Tampa Bay counties already trying to recruit for November election

The national poll worker shortage is hitting Florida in the midst of the coronavirus pandemic. Elections supervisors in the Tampa Bay area got creative to fill the gap for Tuesday’s primary election, but some are sounding the alarm for the general election.

It’s been a busy few months in Citrus County.

“We’ve been looking high and low, we have had five workers from the clerk of courts come,” said Kari Tedrick, Citrus County’s poll worker coordinator.

“We’ve reached out to substitute teachers,” said Citrus County Supervisor of Elections Susan Gill.

To fill a poll worker shortage, Gill and her team ran ads, did radio interviews and reached out to the county and state.

Right now, they have 300 workers to man the early-voting sites, just seven shy of the ideal number.

“Even in a normal year, without COVID, we have a lot of cancellations,” said Gill. “We don’t have anybody to replace these dropouts.”

Unlike past years, there’s no safety net for when workers call out.

Gill says, on Tuesday, workers will wear two hats and she expects no problems for the primary.

Meanwhile, in Hillsborough County, Supervisor of Elections Craig Latimer has also been busy.

“We partnered months ago with the Tampa Bay Chamber of Commerce,” Latimer said. “We’ve also worked with the county, of course.”

Like Gill, Latimer also got creative. He has the 1,600 poll workers he needs on Tuesday.

But the primary is a smaller-scale election and stakes are much lower than November.

“What are you most worried about when it comes to the general election?” asked investigative reporter Mahsa Saeidi.

“Poll workers,” said Gill.

Click on the link for the full article

1 hour ago, Dan T. said:

Something interesting of note: I can hardly find ANY Trump supporters in that Twitter thread attacking Taylor or defending Trump. Usually the MAGA trolls come out in force and with gusto whenever this sort of stuff drops on Twitter. With this one they're oddly silent it seems. 

And holy crap that is terrifying. I mean, deep down we all knew it was true. But to hear it that factually from someone who was there and participated takes it to a new level. Dude should be invited to testify to Congress under oath IMO. 

14 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Something interesting of note: I can hardly find ANY Trump supporters in that Twitter thread attacking Taylor or defending Trump. Usually the MAGA trolls come out in force and with gusto whenever this sort of stuff drops on Twitter. With this one they're oddly silent it seems. 

And holy crap that is terrifying. I mean, deep down we all knew it was true. But to hear it that factually from someone who was there and participated takes it to a new level. Dude should be invited to testify to Congress under oath IMO. 

So many people who were in close proximity to Trump have come out and said how utterly unqualified and un-equipped  he is to be in the Oval Office.  And many of those people say how dangerous it is for him to remain there.  James Mattis, John Bolton, Rex Tillerson, John Kelly, Navy Secy Richard V. Spencer, H.R. McMaster, Homeland Security Advisor Tom Bossert,  Miles Taylor, Anthony Scaramucci, Michael Cohen, his own freaking niece... the list goes on.  It's mind-boggling.

John Kasich leads list of Republicans set to address the Democratic National Convention

The former Ohio governor and onetime GOP presidential candidate is scheduled to be joined on Monday night by Republicans Christine Todd Whitman, Meg Whitman and Susan Molinari. Kasich told BuzzFeed News that he prerecorded his convention address from Westerville, Ohio.

32 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

So many people who were in close proximity to Trump have come out and said how utterly unqualified and un-equipped  he is to be in the Oval Office.  And many of those people say how dangerous it is for him to remain there.  James Mattis, John Bolton, Rex Tillerson, John Kelly, Navy Secy Richard V. Spencer, H.R. McMaster, Homeland Security Advisor Tom Bossert,  Miles Taylor, Anthony Scaramucci, Michael Cohen, his own freaking niece... the list goes on.  It's mind-boggling.

It really is absolutely mind-boggling. I voted for Obama twice and liked him a lot, but while I'm liberal I'm relatively moderate (despite what it may seem like on here sometimes), and if in 2012 multiple former Obama officials had come out and declared in stark terms that behind the scenes he was incompetent, completely unfit to lead, and threatened our national security, I'd have pulled the trigger for Romney in a heartbeat.

Obviously that would be hard to imagine and reconcile with what we saw of Obama in public, but if anywhere near as many people came out and said it as have about Trump I'd have pretty much no choice but to believe it and heed their warnings.

20 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

Taylor says in the video that current Admin members say that under a second term there'll be "shock and awe" and "they'll be able to do what they want."

What does that even mean? Twice as many tweets?

I think it means that Trump would legitimately go full on dictator. In some ways he mostly has already but it's been somewhat dulled by the fact that he has to get reelected. I believe if he wins another term he'll see it as a mandate for every authoritarian impulse in his brain and will act accordingly. I would not be in any way surprised if he started doing more and more blatantly illegal things. Declaring martial law if a city/state defies an EO, going from suggesting to flat out ordering that his critics be arrested for treason, etc. Hell, he might even go all out and pull a Palpatine and simply declared that Congress is now "dissolved". 

Nothing at all would surprise me at that point. We'd be a full blown banana republic with a tin pot dictator and it would quite possibly end up in a drawn out, low level guerrilla type insurgency / civil war. 

30 minutes ago, Springfield said:

So who’s the surprise Republican rep coming out to support Biden?

I think Kasich indicated it was going to be a former member of Congress. I did see that a former Congresswoman from NY (think her name starts with an "M") is supposed to speak at the DNC, as well as former GOP NJ governor Christine Todd Whitman and HP CEO Meg Whitman. I think two of the three spoke at the 1996 RNC. 

1 hour ago, hail2skins said:

Taylor says in the video that current Admin members say that under a second term there'll be "shock and awe" and "they'll be able to do what they want."

What does that even mean? Twice as many tweets?

I'd bet they just destroy anyone that does not support them.

I just want to say, that two years ago was the first time I heard that Trump might not leave the White House if he loses. I thought the idea that a president that lost and would refuse to leave was insane and overreaching in all forms of believability. Now, Trump has rolled out secret police, admitted to purposely sabotaging the post office to get him elected and has built a wall around the White House. This douchebag isn't going to leave, he will have to be dragged out.

I also believe that if he wins, there will be a lot of violence in that streets. The White House might not be safe for him...

Archived