Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NYMAG: Who is QAnon? The Storm Conspiracy, Explained

No Excuses

I was holding off on posting this because I wasn't sure where this dumb conspiracy was headed. But this has now reached enough of a mass popularity in right wing circles so here you go.

Tl;dr: people are convinced that a Trump admin official who they have dubbed "QAnon", is posting subtle hints of a massive conspiracy on the 4chan board /pol.  

http://nymag.com/selectall/2017/12/qanon-4chan-the-storm-conspiracy-explained.html

A new conspiracy theory called “The Storm” has taken the grimiest parts of the internet by, well, storm. Like Pizzagate, the Storm conspiracy features secret cabals, a child sex-trafficking ring led (in part) by the satanic Democratic Party, and of course, countless logical leaps and paranoid assumptions that fail to hold up under the slightest fact-based scrutiny. However, unlike Pizzagate, the Storm isn’t focused on a single block of shops in D.C., or John Podesta’s emails. It’s much, much bigger than that.

As most terrible things do, this story begins with a post on /pol/, a sub-board of the more-or-less-anonymous, anything-goes website 4chan. Over the last few years, /pol/ — which technically stands for “politically incorrect” — has slowly but surely become a top contender for the ever-coveted title of the most upsetting community online. It’s the sort of place where neo-Nazis and people who believe women shouldn’t have basic human rights used to meet before we started verifying them on Twitter and electing them to public office. And as of late, it’s expanded its ranks to include fringe members of all shapes and sizes.

On October 28, someone calling themselves Q began posting a series of cryptic messages in a /pol/ thread titled “Calm Before the Storm” (assumedly in reference to that creepy Trump quote from early October). Q claimed to be a high-level government insider with Q clearance (hence the name) tasked with posting intel drops — which he, for some reason, called “crumbs” — straight to 4chan in order to covertly inform the public about POTUS’s master plan to stage a countercoup against members of the deep state. It was, in short, absolutely insane. However, thanks to some rather forced coincidences — like Q kind of, sort of guessing that Trump would tweet the word “small” on Small Business Saturday, and this one time the internet decided that Q was “totally on Air Force One” because he posted a blurry picture of some islands while Trump was on his trip to Asia — and a whole heck of a lot of wishful thinking, people believed he was the real deal.

Public riots are being organized in serious numbers in an effort to prevent the arrest and capture of more senior public officials. On POTUS’ order, a state of temporary military control will be actioned and special ops carried out. False leaks have been made to retain several within the confines of the United States to prevent extradition and special operator necessity. Rest assured, the safety and well-being of every man, woman, and child of this country is being exhausted in full. 

This is a crime against grammar. 

2 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

This is a crime against grammar. 

It is the rant of a clearly insane person.

We should all take comfort in the fact that millions of people have fallen hook, line and sinker for it. Infowars is running stories sourced to QAnon. Good thing our POTUS is a huge fan of Alex Jones and Infowars is super popular with a certain group of people.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bang said:

Everybody ready?

Ridiculous conspiracies aside, i don't think it takes too much forethought to believe there's gonna be blood spilled in copious amounts before sanity is restored.

~Bang

I'm surprised it hasnt already started happening.

Re the Conspiracy, I havent found any reference to super iron thermite.  And that's a deal breaker for me.  If that's not involved, it cant be for real.

Edited by Kilmer17
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

6 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

Re the Conspiracy, I havent found any reference to super iron thermite.  And that's a deal breaker for me.  If that's not involved, it cant be for real.

In small ways it may already have... too many small dots to connect perhaps.

good to see you back, hadn't seen you in a while and thought maybe you took a sabbatical.

~Bang

1 minute ago, Bang said:

In small ways it may already have... too many small dots to connect perhaps.

good to see you back, hadn't seen you in a while and thought maybe you took a sabbatical.

~Bang

Busy, but also staying out of the political threads.  This is on the fringe.

I'm surprised we havent had a mass shooting involving a group of people.  That to me will define an escalation.  So as horrific as the past shootings (or other attacks on people) have been, a vegas type attack on a mass of people by a group of people will signal something else to me.

• Sad 1

33 minutes ago, Destino said:

Weird conspiracies fascinate me.  I've only glanced at this stuff and my head is already buzzing with confused amusement.  I'd prefer some lizard people be included, but perhaps that will come later.  

Me too.  I am currently devising my own, even more dramatic, conspiracy theory as we speak.  It involves Captain Planet (as a real thing that exists in our timeline) and the fact that "Lockheed Martin" is an anagram for "Illuminati Werewolves."

• Haha 4

33 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

the fact that "Lockheed Martin" is an anagram for "Illuminati Werewolves."

I never realized that until now.

You know, I was the one that discovered “Daniel Snyder” is an anagram for “Deadly Sinner”. I was also  the first person to use the phrase “Awesomesauce” but that’s a story for another time.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

I never realized that until now.

You know, I was the one that discovered “Daniel Snyder” is an anagram for “Deadly Sinner”. I was also  the first person to use the phrase “Awesomesauce” but that’s a story for another time.

No Excuses is an anagram for "Use Ex Cons"

Didn't the democrats recently let a bunch of ex cons vote?  That happened after No Excuses appeared online peddling politics.  Just saying.

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Kilmer17 said:

STFU Remlik

or it's polonium umbrella time.  This is your last warning.

• Haha 2