Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

1 hour ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

the Republican Party will become a qanon cult if trump loses. They will embrace it. They will have to do that because they won’t alienate or push their base away and their base is about it to lose their god damn minds if trump loses 

Once Trump is gone the entire right of this country will act as if he never existed. (He'll still be revered)

Anything Trump did or said will simply be projected onto the left.

Things like say.... election security. (Democrats cheating)

Racism. (Started when Trump left office)

Voter fraud. (Left cheated)

Corrupt Justice System and AG. (whomever is AG will be the most corrupt in history)

Corrupt appointments. (Democrats playing politics)

Stacking the Courts. (Democrats playing politics)

Economic Recovery. (Democrats ****ed up the economy)

Debt. (Democrats = National Debt)

Coronavirus. (Democrats ignored the experts)

Schools Opening. (Education = bad again) 

Just for a cpl topics... 

This attempt to sabotage the post office has been rolling around in my head, and yesterday it felt entirely too brazen.  Today it feels like we should have anticipated it, because it’s entirely on brand for the GOP.   They’ve spent how long closing down voting locations and finding reasons to scrub eligible voters from the lists?  Longer than I’ve been alive to be sure.  They weren’t going to let the mail or a pandemic stop their overall strategy of voter suppression.  

A political party built around the general belief that the people are a major obstacle to be overcome, seems like heavy handed foreshadowing to me.  But here we are.

26 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

Unless they change the Republican party platform, Republicans are still Republicans with a Trump cult wing.

Aye, conservatism by itself isn't the enemy, its a party that isn't pretending to be conservative anymore. 

Can't defend them and keep a straight face, jus cannot expect folks to become Democrats just because they can't live with being Republicans. 

Its unfortunatly why so many of them still vote they way, most know third party votes are hopeless 9 times out of 10.

8 minutes ago, Destino said:

This attempt to sabotage the post office has been rolling around in my head, and yesterday it felt entirely too brazen.  Today it feels like we should have anticipated it, because it’s entirely on brand for the GOP.   They’ve spent how long closing down voting locations and finding reasons to scrub eligible voters from the lists?  Longer than I’ve been alive to be sure.  They weren’t going to let the mail or a pandemic stop their overall strategy of voter suppression.  

A political party built around the general belief that the people are a major obstacle to be overcome, seems like heavy handed foreshadowing to me.  But here we are.

Agreed.  The post office thing scares me.  What scares me more is that this is likely just the first brazen GOP attempt to shut down voting.  They are also going to do all of the things you mention, but without the veneer of impartiality that they've at least attempted before.  

And if you haven't decided yet...**** you.

Spoiler

16 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Agreed.  The post office thing scares me.  What scares me more is that this is likely just the first brazen GOP attempt to shut down voting.  They are also going to do all of the things you mention, but without the veneer of impartiality that they've at least attempted before.  

I suspect that they would have gotten away with it too, if it were for those meddling democrats (and/or media).

daf53daa399bbb0b1bdcfdac124375bf.jpg

By it being known 90 days out, I dont see the Party of Trump being able to do it.

warning---this post openly and lovingly embraces godwin's law 🙈

it truly is time to amputate the right wing of the dodo bird

i suggest viewing trump supporters just like the majority of the nation viewed the nazi party's supporters, who also sprung from a more 'regular/normal' right-wing political party, and moving forward make them equally unwanted, unacceptable, and rejected in every manner possible short of literal warfare and armaments...unless of course you're standing your ground where applicable or defending yourself 🇺🇸

however many years it takes, start for real in 2020...it starts with voting trump out by a big margin no matter what, and go from there, whatever it takes

and regardless of how this suggestion may seem on its surface, do yourself a favor (heard a high schooler talking about this on radio) and just read the wiki page link below for a schoolhouse rock refresher, no matter how well you already know this stuff...just note what's happening here, now, compared to what you read in the first few paragraphs...sadly, it is not an absurdity any longer to compere where the gop has gone and is still headed, to the past

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nazi_Party

Christ.

I just did something I promised myself never to do again. (no, not kill and eat people)

I got into a twitter argument. 

I kept asking right wingers about proof of mail in voter fraud. They kept replying with links that said dead people, etc were getting absentee registrations. I asked over and over if there was any proof that those dead people were actually voting. I even somehow lured a CA Republican congressional candidate into the fray too.   :ols:

It was like banging my head against a goddamn brick cactus.

I need a ****ing drink. Now I know why I swore a while ago to never do that again. 

23 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Idiot, the only way the status of one's parents comes into play is if you are born on foreign soil.   See John Mccain.

Kamala was born in the U.S. and thus is a citizen.

McCain was born in the Panama Canal Zone. Which was a US territory not foreign soil at the time. That's why he was eligible to be President I thought. 

1 hour ago, Mooka said:

Once Trump is gone the entire right of this country will act as if he never existed. (He'll still be revered)

Anything Trump did or said will simply be projected onto the left.

Some might but even with a Trump defeat, he isn't going anywhere. He still has 85 million twitter followers and he is going to be bashing Biden and Dems 24/7. He will still wield the same power he has now because he will still have his base of support only they will be even more radicalized after feeling like a coup happened or an election was stolen from them. 

No Republican is going to go against Trump and that base. None of that goes away just because he lost and it will only become worse and more magnified since they will all have to buy into the conspiracies that explain away his election defeat. If they don't, some other trump bootlicking nazi will just take their place in a primary

1 hour ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Idiot, the only way the status of one's parents comes into play is if you are born on foreign soil.   See John Mccain.

Trump's mother was born in Scotland. Unknown if she became a citizen before he was born. 

But this only applies to POC according to Trump and his minions.

1 hour ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Ted Cruz is a better example.  He was born in Calgary.  His mom was a US citizen at the time, his father was not.  

4 hours ago, Hersh said:

Interesting side note: The Karen that pulled masks off the rack in Target basically came back to reality once her life was destroyed by that incident. That's the only hope for some. 

googled that one. That woman runs a public relations company?

14 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Ted Cruz is a better example.  He was born in Calgary.  His mom was a US citizen at the time, his father was not.  

Anyone born to a US citizen or born on US soil should be considered a natural born citizen,  imo.

That's the only thing natural about Felito.

27 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

Trump's mother was born in Scotland. Unknown if she became a citizen before he was born. 

But this only applies to POC according to Trump and his minions.

She was not at the time of his birth. She naturalized in 1946, 4 years after the Donald was born. Some of the same things apply as sociopath Ted, the Donald was born on US soil (Ted wasn't.. one of his parents was American) so he's an american citizen. 

1 hour ago, DCranon21 said:

I know Raw Story is slanted to the left, but I found this funny. Someone might tell him it's not Kamala calling for his prosecution, someone at SDNY might be calling for it Donald.

hardest part of that tweet to believe?  "Trump privately rants". 

Wonderful.

Postal Service warns 46 states their voters could be disenfranchised by delayed mail-in ballots

Anticipating an avalanche of absentee ballots, the U.S. Postal Service recently sent detailed letters to 46 states and D.C. warning that it cannot guarantee all ballots cast by mail for the November election will arrive in time to be counted — adding another layer of uncertainty ahead of the high-stakes presidential contest.

The letters sketch a grim possibility for the tens of millions of Americans eligible for a mail-in ballot this fall: Even if people follow all of their state’s election rules, the pace of Postal Service delivery may disqualify their votes.

The Postal Service’s warnings of potential disenfranchisement came as the agency undergoes a sweeping organizational and policy overhaul amid dire financial conditions. Cost-cutting moves have already delayed mail delivery by as much as a week in some places, and a new decision to decommission 10 percent of the Postal Service’s sorting machines sparked widespread concern the slowdowns will only worsen. Rank-and-file postal workers say the move is ill-timed and could sharply diminish the speedy processing of flat mail, including letters and ballots.

18 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Anyone born to a US citizen or born on US soil should be considered a natural born citizen,  imo.

That's the only thing natural about Felito.

Made the prediction back during Birther 1, that if the Supremes ever rule on "natural born citizen", it will be 9-0 in favor of "any person who became a citizen at birth, according to the laws in effect at the time of his birth". 

Archived