Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

15 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

Joe has been pretty quiet...not like he has to say anything.

I mean, he's doing a lot of events, but I agree with you if "quiet" means not openly threatening to cut funding to entire states or claiming to take dangerous drugs so that other people will take those dangerous drugs or claiming that his predecessor broke laws but not being able to explain them. 

image.thumb.png.bd9e437cffe9986e1dc57a282d156a55.png

image.thumb.png.92045a38c667e460319079b21939174a.png

Trump going all in on smearing Obama isn't going to end well for him. Obama is far more clever, far more likable, far more politically savvy, and far more popular than Trump is. And deep down Trump absolutely knows it, which is probably one of the main reasons he hates him so much. Trump carpet bombs, Obama hits with calculated surgical strikes. And it's going to drive Trump up the goddamn wall. 

And as far as the "I wouldn't be surprised if he pulls out the real dirty stuff" quote from the Vanity Fair article...what exactly does that entail? Trump is already publicly accusing Obama of committing federal crimes (even though he can't actually specify what the crime was). Is he going to start the birther thing back up? Suggest Obama is a drug addict or rapist? Maybe he'll just go whole hog and start calling him the n word?

57 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Trump going all in on smearing Obama isn't going to end well for him.

People want discussion and answers on the problems facing them today , like affordable housing and health insurance, not to rehash rumors about a president whom last served in office about 5 years ago, 

Seems like a waste of time and money that only a minority of people would even care about 

8 hours ago, visionary said:

Causing some uproar on the left right now....

The screeching seems to be about this particular line:

Firmly reject the BDS movement, which singles out Israel — home to millions of Jews — and too often veers into anti-Semitism, while letting Palestinians off the hook for their choices. 

He's not wrong.

Looking at the possible winning scenarios for Joe.

This is probably, the minimum he can win by.  If you switch Wisconsin for Arizona, it's then 279-259 Joe.

9mynm.png

This is probably the realistic best, that Joe can win by:

jbZY2.png

This next scenario would be ideal but probably a pipe dream:  

B8edb.png

Final scenario would be apocalyptic  for the GOP: 

xGRlg.png

If I where Joe, I would shoot for scenario #3.  No, that probably won't happen but if forces the GOP to spend resources and I think it benefits the Dems down the ballot.  Joe may not win Georgia but if he campaigns there, maybe he can help flip one of those 2 GA Senate seats up for election this time.  Same scenario in North Carolina. Scenario #1 or #2 is most likely for his win.  I do feel, the bigger the win; the better for Joe.   Just barely beating Trump won't really be a repudiation of Trump.   Hell, I'd even campaign in Texas- though chances of flipping that are slim.

Archived