Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

1 minute ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

That Hillary was good enough to win the general election but lose on a technicality?  

We're probably getting off-topic delving into this but let's say you're right, what would she have won by?  It wasn't going to be a landslide.

Those polls are nothing but distractions, I wouldn't believe any of them.

1 minute ago, PleaseBlitz said:

The Tara Reade caught lying under oath, and then lying about her lying, thing seems like a bigger deal than Biden’s comment. 

C'mon man, have you been living in America for the past few decades?  Lying under oath isn't a big deal.  Try to keep up.

14 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I don't think I said "Well, the Dems can't find anyone better so I guess I gotta vote for Trump!"

Better get that ringing in your ears checked.

I'll just leave this direct quote here:

30 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I was really looking forward to voting Trump out this fall if only they could have just put up someone who didn't have any glaring deficiencies. 

5 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

OK, it was a stupid thing to say from a guy who's made a career out of saying stupid things.

But let's calm the hell down, it was obviously a joke at the end of an interview that had a lot of lighthearted talk. 

Trump is going to play that over and over. No, it won’t impact the black vote but could turn off other voters.

There will more and more gaffs. 
Joe Biden will not win the presidency. Donald Trump may lose presidency but Joe isn’t going to win it on his own .

The more people see Joe; the more they will be turned off from him.

Just now, Dan T. said:

I'll just leave this direct quote here:

Read:  I could also sit this one out if they Dems don't nominate someone who's decent.  I know, I know, I know "OMG NOT VOTING FOR THE DEMOCRAT IS A VOTE FOR TRUMP!!!"  Which is vice versa of what hardcore MAGA Trumpers say when you tell them you can sit the election out, too.  "YOU'RE JUST VOTING FOR THE LIBERAL IF YOU DON'T VOTE FOR TRUMP!"

No, I'm (possibly) not voting for anyone.  

1 hour ago, JSSkinz said:

I'm sorry but this is laughable, the election was never going to be a layup regardless of what the BS polls say and no matter how crazy Trump is.

Did we learn anything from the last election?

That Trump won 3 states critical to his EC victory by a combined 80,000 votes? That the polls right before the election, showing Clinton with a narrowed 2-3 point lead, were accurate as that's within the margin of error of how much she won the popular vote by? 

What have we learned since? That Trump has not only done absolutely nothing to court any new voters, but he's done the opposite. He's hemorrhaging voters that he had last time and that helped him squeak by, especially white women. That counties in swing battleground states which he won by a large margin in 2016 and which helped drive his wins in those states have now swung the opposite way as evidenced by their results in elections since, especially 2018 midterms. 

The election isn't going to be a "layup", especially if you add in potential Russian interference again as well as increasingly frantic attempts by the GOP to suppress minority voting. But Trump's situation is not looking good at all. 

1 hour ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Read:  I could also sit this one out if they Dems don't nominate someone who's decent.  I know, I know, I know "OMG NOT VOTING FOR THE DEMOCRAT IS A VOTE FOR TRUMP!!!"  Which is vice versa of what hardcore MAGA Trumpers say when you tell them you can sit the election out, too.  "YOU'RE JUST VOTING FOR THE LIBERAL IF YOU DON'T VOTE FOR TRUMP!"

No, I'm (possibly) not voting for anyone.  

So if you're starving and you have the choice of a burger made out of literal dog feces on one plate and a turkey sandwich with somewhat stale bread on another plate, you'll just decide to not eat anything because you're not a huge fan of turkey and how dare they give you unfresh bread?

24 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I get what he was saying as well, it was just a really stupid thing to say.

I also get those who think Biden is a lame candidate that doesn't breed much confidence.

But at the end of the day, I'd vote for the corpse of Joe Biden to get Trump out of office.

It's something I would expect Michael Scott to say lol....

giphy.gif

I'd still vote for Michael Scott 101 times out of 100 over Trump.

8 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Given the stakes, I think the correct posture is to hope that it’s a layup and all the things @mistertim says are true, but act like Trump is the heavy favorite. 

It's like when your favorite team really isn't all that great, but should beat the brakes off their next opponent, and you have to worry about it being a 'trap game'.

5 minutes ago, mistertim said:

So if you're starving and you have the choice of a burger made out of literal dog feces on one plate and a turkey sandwich with somewhat stale bread on another plate, you'll just decide to not eat anything because you're not a huge fan of turkey and how dare they give you unfresh bread?

That's a terrible analogy.  

I'm just going to wait until Dan T. comes in with a worse one, like how I could leisurely walk down the stairs and land safely or fling myself down headfirst and be found laying there hours later in a pool of my own blood with a broken neck as a symbol of what Donald Trump has done to this country.  Or some other comparison full of histrionics, like why I should car jack an old lady's Rascal scooter on the way to the ballot box so I can vote for anyone but Trump and cancel out her vote.  Or tell me why I'm such a bad person because I think I should actually like and feel good about who I cast a ballot for. 

Until then, let's keep coming up with terrible analogies.  I'm willing to bet that you can do better than the sandwich dilemma.  

8 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

It's like when your favorite team really isn't all that great, but should beat the brakes off their next opponent, and you have to worry about it being a 'trap game'.

That's pretty good.

I would say it's like when your favorite team really isn't all that great, but should beat the brakes off their next opponent, and you have to worry about it because if they lose, everyone dies. 

9 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Or tell me why I'm such a bad person because I think I should actually like and feel good about who I cast a ballot for. 

I always knew you were a Bernie Bro. 

2 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

I always knew you were a Bernie Bro. 

Dude, I'd just like someone who isn't as old as dirt, is center left and can set a good tone.  I don't think I'm asking for a lot here.  

I'm not a Bernie Bro.  Matter of fact, @TryTheBeal! and I throw waterballoons at them from moving cars, you should come out sometime.

57 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

The Tara Reade caught lying under oath, and then lying about her lying, thing seems like a bigger deal than Biden’s comment. 

Totally should be but I don’t even know how to judge what’s important to people anymore 

I don’t care for Biden, but now understand his connection with the older generations of voters is far more important than what I previously thought. Warren is by far the best candidate for president, but this is politics and you gotta play the field. So I get why Biden got the nomination. Selecting Warren as his running mate would be the best for the country. 

42 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

That's a terrible analogy.  

I'm just going to wait until Dan T. comes in with a worse one, like how I could leisurely walk down the stairs and land safely or fling myself down headfirst and be found laying there hours later in a pool of my own blood with a broken neck as a symbol of what Donald Trump has done to this country.  Or some other comparison full of histrionics, like why I should car jack an old lady's Rascal scooter on the way to the ballot box so I can vote for anyone but Trump and cancel out her vote.  Or tell me why I'm such a bad person because I think I should actually like and feel good about who I cast a ballot for. 

Until then, let's keep coming up with terrible analogies.  I'm willing to bet that you can do better than the sandwich dilemma.  

How is it a bad analogy? Do you deny how many magnitudes of order more awful and incompetent Trump is than Biden and how much worse he would be for this country for another 4 years? And you're just going to not vote because you're "meh" on Biden as opposed to voting for a guy you're not very enthused about vs sitting it out and potentially helping a complete disaster like Trump get re-elected?

To be honest, I think you were going to whine about any candidate the Dems put forward, no matter what. "Too left", "Too boring", "Too old", "Too young". Who knows what other excuses you would have come up with.

The end result is the same old same old. Complain about the Dem candidate, say you just can't bring yourself to vote for them (and it's all the Dems fault...you'd totally be on board if they'd just nominate someone "decent" even though you can't seem to actually describe what that means), and then get the vapors when people call you out for essentially helping a monstrosity like Trump end up / stay in the WH

1 hour ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Read:  I could also sit this one out if they Dems don't nominate someone who's decent. 

No one else is getting nominated.   Anyway, have you been sleeping through the last few months?  There’s no guarantee we’re going to have a ****ing country left if Trump wins another term.

54 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Dude, I'd just like someone who isn't as old as dirt, is center left and can set a good tone.  I don't think I'm asking for a lot here.  

I'm not a Bernie Bro.  Matter of fact, @TryTheBeal! and I throw waterballoons at them from moving cars, you should come out sometime.

I slip a couple Susan B Anthony dollars into my balloons...as a treat.

Plus, I know the Bros could use the scratch.  #payitforward

Archived