Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

5 hours ago, Llevron said:

Im sure a lot of black people feel the same way. It’s still wrong tho.  Same way my folks and the older people in my family are wrong when they make the exact same statement. And rather I say it or not I don’t feel any self respecting black person would vote for Trump either. Or any republican outside of the few like Hogan. But you wouldn’t catch me running for President saying that ****. 

Biden said the quiet part out loud, he's right, it's just going to get turned into an ad now.

I have a cousin who's going to do it again, he loves this WWF nonsense after his frustration with everything before it.

He's an apology factory for Trump, but if he really did feel Trump was racist or did racist stuff, he wouldn't vote for him.  See what I did there? There really is no nice way to put that, certainly not the way Biden tried. 

Charlemagne didn't even flinch, he probably says that behind closed doors, but he has a radio show.  And again, you don't reward black people by picking a VP just because they are black, if that's costs Biden the election there's nothing left to be said.

Biden f'd up, btw, now he has to pick someone like Abrams or Harris to make up for it instead of picking best VP candidate.

Whatever, we gave up picking what's best for the country when we picked Biden in the first place.  Fine, pick whatever VP gives dems best chance to beat Trump, but I have had my fill with being scared into picking who will win versus what's best for me and my family.

What's next even if Dems wipe the floor? Same old same old that got us Trump in the first place?

Black voters like Biden.  You can say un-PC stuff and no one will care as long as the base likes you.  Trump is ghastly proof of that.  It's not even remotely hypocritical to be black and support Biden after something like that either.  The alternative party is overtly and obviously White supremacist--which was Biden's point.  He spoke the truth, just in a dumbass way.

4 hours ago, tshile said:

I don’t have a problem with what Biden said. In a vacuum it sounds awful. 

In the context of what reality is I understand exactly what he was trying to say and so I don’t have an issue with it. 

and I’m usually someone who gets pissy about that sort of stuff

but I’m also white so I imagine my opinion doesn’t count

Yes, but you listened to the context.  :) 

Probably showing my age, but I suspect that at least the folks old enough to remember the incident honestly believe that, when Reagan got shot,  SecState Alexander Haig attempted to claim that he was next in the Presidential order of secession, (the actual sequence is VP, Speaker of House, President Pro Tem of the Senate, then SecState), and was claiming to be in change.  

He said nothing of the kind.  

What he actually said, (Going from memory.  I actually heard his announcement, live, over the car radio), first, was that the VP was acting as President at the moment.  That he was currently out of Washington, but that he was on his way back, and that he was on board Air Force Two, which has the same secure communications capabilities as Air Force One, and so he was constantly in touch with whoever he wanted to contact.  

He then spoke the statement "And I am in change, here at the White House."  

He then went on to state that normally, in situations like this, the Chief of Staff took change of the personnel in the White House (CoS is not in the Presidential order of succession in any way), but that the current CoS had only been recently appointed, and was new to Washington, and the two of them had agreen that Haig was vastly more experienced, and should handle managing the White House staff for now.  

But that did not stop a huge number of people from taking that one part of a sentience, "I'm in change", and trying to claim that Haig was trying to appoint himself President.  

4 hours ago, JSSkinz said:

Did we learn anything from the last election?

A good chunk of "us" hasn't learned anything from three years of Trump.  

46 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:
Biden f'd up, btw, now he has to pick someone like Abrams or Harris to make up for it instead of picking best VP candidate.

I think you are over-emphasizing the impact of this.  It will be ancient history in a few weeks, a month tops. And that's despite GOP hacks trying to keep it alive.

16 minutes ago, Larry said:

Probably showing my age, but I suspect that at least the folks old enough to remember the incident honestly believe that, when Reagan got shot,  SecState Alexander Haig attempted to claim that he was next in the Presidential order of secession, (the actual sequence is VP, Speaker of House, President Pro Tem of the Senate, then SecState), and was claiming to be in change.  

He said nothing of the kind.  

What he actually said, (Going from memory.  I actually heard his announcement, live, over the car radio), first, was that the VP was acting as President at the moment.  That he was currently out of Washington, but that he was on his way back, and that he was on board Air Force Two, which has the same secure communications capabilities as Air Force One, and so he was constantly in touch with whoever he wanted to contact.  

He then spoke the statement "And I am in change, here at the White House."  

He then went on to state that normally, in situations like this, the Chief of Staff took change of the personnel in the White House (CoS is not in the Presidential order of succession in any way), but that the current CoS had only been recently appointed, and was new to Washington, and the two of them had agreen that Haig was vastly more experienced, and should handle managing the White House staff for now.  

But that did not stop a huge number of people from taking that one part of a sentience, "I'm in change", and trying to claim that Haig was trying to appoint himself President.  

tumblr_mtncyjAOwJ1qewbjoo1_500.gif

He did say what you're referencing here. But what he also said was:

Constitutionally, gentlemen, you have the president, the vice president and the secretary of state, in that order,

Which is what he was mocked for, and what has become famous about the moment. He did completely misrepresent the line of succession.

Stuff like this is why Biden sucks as a candidate in the year 2020.  He makes it so easy for Conservative media to bring bad faith arguments to the tables and gives them soundbites constantly.  Not to mention the rest of the media who would love nothing more than the election cycle to be a 24/7 trash fest of nonsense for the ratings boost. 

19 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

I think you are over-emphasizing the impact of this.  It will be ancient history in a few weeks, a month tops. And that's despite GOP hacks trying to keep it alive.

I'm allowed to feel a kind of way when stuff like this is almost aimed at me. I also love my cousin even if I hate his political beliefs.

And so what if it's forgotten in a month, it will be back in November.

tenor (29).gif

11 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Here's the stone cold truth: what Biden said will not in anyway cost him. Trump being elected proved that.

I think you're really underestimating the PC crowd's desire to find something to be offended by, as well as the left's desire to eat it's own.

Archived